Got a couple of P3s issues
683 7 2018-10-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Frank H.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13898 ft

United States

Hi and please understand I am fairly new to the Drones. I have had some issues with my P3S, the first being that I continually receive messages that I am in Class D airspace. I am not, this has been checked, double checked, and triple checked by myself and EXPERIENCED certified manned aircraft pilots WITH the sectional chart in hand. HOW can I correct this??? The second problem is 2 parts one being that my video comes out choppy meaning it records for a few seconds and stops and starts again over and over, the second part is that when I try to download a file, it reports that I cannot download a 4k file, but this is a standard and only 2.7k. How do I fix this.
Thanks in advance!!
Frank

2018-10-6
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Frank,

In my opinion, you should reinstall the DJI GO app and update or refresh all the firmware.  DJI has a number of videos and some articles on how to do this.  At the P3S web page in the downloads section, there is also a Release Notes that says what firmware and app you are supposed to be up to.

https://www.dji.com/phantom-3-standard/info#downloads

The problems you are having are indicative of not having up to date software.  Be sure to read the article at the top in downloads about how to update firmware.  Also, watch the videos.  You will also have some more questions before you get everything up and running.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Hi Frank,
Did you have an update for the safe fly data base in the last time?
2018-10-7
Use props
Frank H.
lvl.2

United States

Ok and thanks for the help. The release notes say I should have DJI Go 3.1.11 but my download update took me to 3.1.42 how is the best way to roll back. my flysafe database is 01.00.01.09 and I also cannot find the beginners quiz. It starts and says the quiz is not available.    Why can't this be easy??
Frank
2018-10-7
Use props
Frank H.
lvl.2

United States

My aircraft is at 1.9.20
2018-10-7
Use props
WD9EON
lvl.4
Flight distance : 686886 ft
United States

Frank H. Posted at 2018-10-7 03:29
Ok and thanks for the help. The release notes say I should have DJI Go 3.1.11 but my download update took me to 3.1.42 how is the best way to roll back. my flysafe database is 01.00.01.09 and I also cannot find the beginners quiz. It starts and says the quiz is not available.    Why can't this be easy??
Frank

no need to roll it back, that is the current APP.
2018-10-7
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft

Both versions of the FW and go app are ok.
2018-10-8
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
United Arab Emirates

"Quote" it reports that I cannot download a 4k file, but this is a standard and only 2.7k. How do I fix this.

Are you downloading via cable from the P3S or using the sd card in card reader on PC ?

Are you sure you are not mixing up 4Gb file size and not 4K video form ? Depending on your PC and also format - files are limited in size for transfer between units ... I get this when I have various large file downloads ... that I have to download in chunks ...

But it is always best to transfer video files direct by using the card in a reader in the PC and not by the slow cable method.

I also have to mention that you say you have recording problems ... which can be due to a damaged or bad card ... Maybe try this ... go into settings and reduce video format to 1080 instead of the 2.7K and try again ... if the video records steadily - then its a card problem of too slow a card for the job. Usually you would get a warning say that card is too low a version ...

Nigel
2018-10-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules