Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My Osmo Mobile 2 setup
1680 11 2018-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
spookster
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419649 ft

Hey guys,
I just wanted to share with you how I am using the (OM2) Osmo Mobile 2.

The OM2 was designed with smartphones in mind but I don't use a smartphone with the OM2 unless I want to use Active Track (which I don't in most scenarios).
I mounted a SJCAM SJ7 Star on a XCAM GoPro/Camera Universal Holder which I got from Amazon.
This Holder fits perfectly in the smartphone mount of the OM2 and will probably work with most actioncams which are similar size to a GoPro Camera.
On the holder I attached a cut ziptie on which I glued some fleece for attaching a Microphone.

om2setup.jpg

The gyro from the SJ7 Star and the Osmo work well together and you get really smooth footage.
When you want to do a motionlapse you connect your phone to the OM2 via bluetooth and setup a motionlapse like you would do normally, but having the action cam in the OM2.
If you set the video resolution to 480p for your phone and dim down the screen you get very little impact on your phone's battery.
A powerbank attached to the phone is recommended when you don't have much juice in your battery from the getgo.

A remote for the camera is a nice addition to the mix but is not necessary, you could also use the camera app on your phone for starting/stoping recording or use the shutter button on the camera directly (I do recommend having a dedicated remote for the action cam though to make thing comfortable).
I usually configure the camera on it's touchscreen before shooting and use my remote on a wristband as a shutter button or mode switcher (photo/video).
This way I do not have to use a phone at all for normal recording.

In the following video you can see motionlapses, freehand & walking shots and also holding the OM2 during cycling.

If you have any questions, I am happy to help.
2018-10-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Thank you for sharing your video and some nice idea that can do with Osmo mobile 2, well done! Cheer!
2018-10-7
Use props
absoluted44
New

Georgia

I do have a question but not about your setup, I can't start a new thread so I guess I'll post it here. So, I want to get Osmo 2 for my S9+, but I want to put on Moment case and lenses, I've heard you can add counterweight to Osmo 2, but will it be able to support all the weight and will the Osmo 2 be able to hold S9+ with Moment case on it. Also is there a adapter of some sort, so I can use the Osmo 2 with GoPro Hero 7 Black? Thanks in advance.
2018-10-9
Use props
spookster
lvl.4

absoluted44 Posted at 2018-10-9 00:03
I do have a question but not about your setup, I can't start a new thread so I guess I'll post it here. So, I want to get Osmo 2 for my S9+, but I want to put on Moment case and lenses, I've heard you can add counterweight to Osmo 2, but will it be able to support all the weight and will the Osmo 2 be able to hold S9+ with Moment case on it. Also is there a adapter of some sort, so I can use the Osmo 2 with GoPro Hero 7 Black? Thanks in advance.

With the sort of holding plate I use, you could use your go pro with the osmo mobile 2.
In wide view you will have part of the gimbal in the picture.
The moment case will probably not fit in the osmo because it is to thick, according to this thead https://forum.dji.com/thread-139075-1-1.html even the s9+ alone is too big and heavy for the osmo mobile 2.
2018-10-9
Use props
STRIDE8
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1382431 ft
United States

Nice capture
2018-10-12
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

That song while riding bike is FIRE!!! song name please...
2018-10-12
Use props
spookster
lvl.4

ardian Posted at 2018-10-12 17:47
That song while riding bike is FIRE!!! song name please...

Song: Joakim Karud - Waves (Vlog No Copyright Music)
Music provided by Vlog No Copyright Music.
Video Link:
2018-10-12
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Good work!     
2018-10-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very nice and interesting!
The latest GoPro looks like a good addition to my toolbox....
Have to start saving some money!
2018-10-17
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Thanks for sharing this. I just pick up my osmo mobile 2, a few days ago.
2018-10-18
Use props
ardian
lvl.3
Flight distance : 455197 ft
  • >>>
United States

spookster Posted at 2018-10-12 23:47
Video Link: https://youtu.be/VMghJ_civuM

Fantastic  thank you!!!
2018-10-29
Use props
davidmartingraf
Second Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

spookster Posted at 10-12 23:47
Video Link: https://youtu.be/VMghJ_civuM

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing!  
2018-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules