Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Manual is not Manual!!! EV keep chancing in MANUAL
12Next >
8927 61 2018-10-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
Flight distance : 26170253 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

The Setting Manual is not Manual, the light keeps chancing in Manual.

I ask it here again, no answers in the other tread!

DJI?
2018-10-7
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Thats what manual is.  Just like every other camera with manual control the EV is showing you how over/underexposed the current image is going to be with the settings you're using.
2018-10-7
Use props
KlooGee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

In automatic mode, you change the EV and then it will automatically adjust the ISO and shutter speed to try to meet that exposure value you’ve set.  In manual mode, it is the opposite!  You set the ISO and shutter speed manually yourself and it shows you how well exposed it is via the “EV”.  Although when in manual mode, its actually not EV, but instead M.M.   I think this stands for meter mode, but don’t recall for sure.
2018-10-7
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ok, I put it in a other way:

When i am in manual mode ( always), the light keeps chanching when I look around at light or dark.You see it goning up and down in the screen.
2018-10-7
Use props
saviour
lvl.4
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-10-7 23:30

When i am in manual mode ( always), the light keeps chanching when I look around at light or dark.You see it goning up and down in the screen.

With light do you mean the EV?

That's obviously how it is when you look around and the brightness changes.

Let's put an example: You look at trees on the bottom. You adjust Shutter Speed and ISO to have an EV of 0 in manual mode. When you now look up into the sun, the Shutter Speed and ISO are set too bright. That's why the EV goes up. It is not an actual setting that makes the image brighter, it's just an INFO. The settings (Shutter Speed and ISO!) keep the same. The EV will be way above 0 though, because you look into a much brighter space.
2018-10-7
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Is auto-iso enabled?
2018-10-8
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

you can lock AE, I do that just before taking a sphere. I program the C2 button for that
2018-10-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Thats what manual exposure does.  YOU have to balance the exposure not the software.
2018-10-8
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

?
no when I do Manual I meen Manual notting is auto.
The M in the app.
2018-10-8
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

gnirtS Posted at 2018-10-8 02:33
Thats what manual exposure does.  YOU have to balance the exposure not the software.

When I am in M- Manual, I set the light my self , I set the iso the shutter and the Apature(F).
That way I control everything and when it is set it have to stay that way.
The problem is, that something is still moving and changing when I look at light out dark areas.

I never use Iso shutter or apature priority i always set M so that everyting is fix, the problem is that someting is stil moving or how ever you call it.
I fly 3 Inspire2, i know what Manual is, and works perfect on the Inspire's, bud does not with the Mavic 2 pro.
2018-10-8
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Again, ( I think my English is the problem).

I always work in Manual ( the M is where you set everyting manual ), I set it on M ( manual)
That way I fix the iso Manual, I fix the shutter manual, I fix the aperture Manual The problem with the Mavic (I have) is it still keeps chancing something in the light, and I do not know what, i see it's still doing someting with the lighting, going up and down( depents on where i look)
I did 3000 flight and I  know what I talk about.
2018-10-8
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-10-8 02:47

I always work in Manual ( the M is where you set everyting manual ), I set it on M ( manual)

I get what you are saying. The EV should not change automatically, because that defy the purpose of setting the ISO, and SS manually.
On any DSLR (proper ones), the EV can be set manually. It does not change when the ISO and SS gets set in Manual mode. Only in Auto mode, it will vary.

What is happening with the Air, is that they say, OK, you want ISO 100, but you actually need 200, so we will automatically (overexpose) change the EV to get more light.

So yes, this is not a TRUE manual setting. It is a semi automatic setting. (would also like to have it changed.) Using EV will also degrade Image Quality, same as upping the ISO. Would have liked to choose myself, what settings I wanted.
2018-10-8
Use props
Charissa
Second Officer
Flight distance : 689334 ft
South Africa

Jos A Posted at 2018-10-8 00:40
you can lock AE, I do that just before taking a sphere. I program the C2 button for that

Is that on the MA? Can I lock that AE permanently, or just before shots etc?
2018-10-8
Use props
eyecapture
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517848 ft
Canada

Clearly you don't understand what EV is. It's not a setting that can be fixed! It simply tells you the difference between what your manual setting is and what it thinks the automatic exposure should be. Only when your in one of the auto modes does EV "shift" the exposure for you.
2018-10-8
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-10-8 02:47

I always work in Manual ( the M is where you set everyting manual ), I set it on M ( manual)

The lighting is going to change as you look around.  Because the exposure is locked.  If you have it exposed for a certain light then pan or move the light levels will change so the screen light levels will change and the EV will change to show its best guess at how over or under exposed it is.

In manual, nothing changes exposure wise so different light levels will be obvious.

2018-10-8
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

ok
Let it be.

I set everything Manual, and still the camera does something with the settings/light ( i see it happen on the cristalsky) bud you don't see it changing in the numbers (app)
I send it back
2018-10-8
Use props
Jos A
Second Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Charissa Posted at 2018-10-8 05:20
Is that on the MA? Can I lock that AE permanently, or just before shots etc?

MAVIC PRO ,
2018-10-9
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

You need to find the switch on the sun and stet it to "constant". With that done, the light on the scene you are filming will stay constantly the same and the ev values will not change anymore.
2018-10-10
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 2018-10-10 04:43
You need to find the switch on the sun and stet it to "constant". With that done, the light on the scene you are filming will stay constantly the same and the ev values will not change anymore.

He'll need to turn off the "clouds" overlay too.
2018-10-10
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

talking stupid I can do my self
2018-10-11
Use props
Impact9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 215886 ft
United States

I've noticed this myself in Manual it still has something adjusting the exposure. I'm hoping DJI can turn that off in an update otherwise it's locking the AE value. Just use the [   ] icon and change it to a target. That's the EV lock.
2018-10-14
Use props
Texan
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1637287 ft
United States

Impact9 Posted at 2018-10-14 06:08
I've noticed this myself in Manual it still has something adjusting the exposure. I'm hoping DJI can turn that off in an update otherwise it's locking the AE value. Just use the [   ] icon and change it to a target. That's the EV lock.

Just use the [ ] icon and change it to a target.  That's the EV lock.

I thought you can do EV lock only when shooting "Photo" but not for "Video".  
2018-10-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Lock the EV after setting the metering on the screen. Otherwise the exposure will change as the light changes in line with the manual settings you have made.
2018-10-14
Use props
Rocket_man
lvl.1
Norway

Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm in fully manual video mode (ISO 100, 4K@24 fps, aperture 5,6, shutter speed 1/50, style cloudy/sunny or whatever the conditions) but at some shots, it looks like the drone is changing the ISO or exposure automatically. It may occur when going from a very bright scene to dark (ex. during sunrise), but also at scenes with little change. As far as I have learned (I'm a beginner), the EV or M.M is just an indicator to give you information if your shot is properly exposed (too bright or too dark), and not a setting you can change. Is that correct, or am I wrong?  Any tips on this one would be highly appreciated! :-)
2019-8-17
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Rocket_man Posted at 8-17 12:46
Hi everyone,

I'm experiencing the same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. I'm in fully manual video mode (ISO 100, 4K@24 fps, aperture 5,6, shutter speed 1/50, style cloudy/sunny or whatever the conditions) but at some shots, it looks like the drone is changing the ISO or exposure automatically. It may occur when going from a very bright scene to dark (ex. during sunrise), but also at scenes with little change. As far as I have learned (I'm a beginner), the EV or M.M is just an indicator to give you information if your shot is properly exposed (too bright or too dark), and not a setting you can change. Is that correct, or am I wrong?  Any tips on this one would be highly appreciated! :-)

You are correct, in manual exposure mode the EV is simply the system showing you how over or under exposed your shot is with the current exposure settings.You 'change' it by altering the exposure.
Its easy to demonstrate - set manual, point the drone at something.  Zero the EV by adjusting exposure.  Now rotate the drone, you'll see the EV indicator change as the light levels change.

As for the other comment, remember the mavic is capable of auto iso in manual mode - for full manual you need to make sure thats off by selecting a fixed ISO.
2019-8-18
Use props
Rocket_man
lvl.1
Norway

gnirtS Posted at 8-18 01:52
You are correct, in manual exposure mode the EV is simply the system showing you how over or under exposed your shot is with the current exposure settings.You 'change' it by altering the exposure.
Its easy to demonstrate - set manual, point the drone at something.  Zero the EV by adjusting exposure.  Now rotate the drone, you'll see the EV indicator change as the light levels change.

Then I've got it right. Yes, my ISO is always set to 100 manually. I was out shooting with my drone today, and as expected - many of my clips have the same issue as described. I'll try to post some of them here now.
2019-8-18
Use props
KS-6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112559 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't shoot video so I can not comment on that but I do know when using the camera in full manual ( ISO, shutter, Aperture ) I can occasionally bump either the aperture or shutter adjustments and then it will be off. That is the only way I see that issue though, user error. Otherwise it is dead on.
2019-8-18
Use props
Rocket_man
lvl.1
Norway

KS-6 Posted at 8-18 07:06
I don't shoot video so I can not comment on that but I do know when using the camera in full manual ( ISO, shutter, Aperture ) I can occasionally bump either the aperture or shutter adjustments and then it will be off. That is the only way I see that issue though, user error. Otherwise it is dead on.

Ok, so you accidentally hit the aperture-wheel/button on the remote control? I'm thinking that might be the reason for me as well.
2019-8-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rocket_man Posted at 8-19 01:14
Ok, so you accidentally hit the aperture-wheel/button on the remote control? I'm thinking that might be the reason for me as well.

It might well be the case that you are accidentally adjusting the aperture or shutter settings.

Have a look at the right hand wheel description on page 10/11 of the manual:-

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... _Manual_V2.0_en.pdf
2019-8-19
Use props
Rocket_man
lvl.1
Norway

Aardvark Posted at 8-19 01:36
It might well be the case that you are accidentally adjusting the aperture or shutter settings.

Have a look at the right hand wheel description on page 10/11 of the manual:-

Thank you! Is it possible to "lock" these settings, so there's no chance for me to change when I'm recording?
2019-8-19
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Rocket_man Posted at 8-19 13:23
Thank you! Is it possible to "lock" these settings, so there's no chance for me to change when I'm recording?

There is no way that I'm aware of that the wheel can be disabled or functionality changed. I don't have the Mavic 2 Pro, but I think it is the same as the Mavic Pro, in that the right hand wheel cannot be changed at all.
2019-8-19
Use props
Glushakoff
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

I got the same issue!!!! Exposure is changing automatically in manual mode!!!
2019-12-12
Use props
Gelert
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2063238 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could it be White Balance ?? Have you set to AWB or selected one of the fixed options. If AWB, that can change the "light"
2019-12-12
Use props
Mirek6
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609724 ft
Canada

Glushakoff Posted at 12-12 04:52
I got the same issue!!!! Exposure is changing automatically in manual mode!!!

Glushakoff,

We need a precise wording here. What do you mean by "exposure" is changing automatically in manual mode"?

1. When you manually lock all settings (aperture, shutter speed, ISO), you will see your picture luminescence changing when light changes. Picture will get darker or brighter depending on changing light. This means that your exposure is locked and is not changing.

2. However, if you see that your picture luminescence remains similar despite light changes, than you may say that your exposure is changing trying to compensate for light changes. This should not happen when you locked all exposure and ISO settings manually.

Which one are you observing? 1 or 2?

Mirek
2019-12-12
Use props
Glushakoff
lvl.1

Kazakhstan

Mirek6 Posted at 12-12 10:44
Glushakoff,

We need a precise wording here. What do you mean by "exposure" is changing automatically in manual mode"?

Mirek,
I shoot in FULL MANUAL MODE and exposure is changing itself.
2019-12-17
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Mirek6 Posted at 12-12 10:44
Glushakoff,

number 2.

everything is manual and still the light changes, darker or lighter
2019-12-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Glushakoff Posted at 12-17 04:24
Mirek,
I shoot in FULL MANUAL MODE and exposure is changing itself.

Are you saying that the camera's exposure settings are changing themselves (that's unlikely).
Or that the light changes as you fly around (which is quite normal).

2019-12-28
Use props
djiuser_LmvYYrr4wIYU
lvl.1

United States

DRAGenDROP Posted at 2018-10-8 07:49
ok
Let it be.

When i manually darken and then Lock it.... moments later the video quickly whitens out and the Lock feature UNLOCKS.  It never stays the way i want it.   I'm surmising i must lock before flight. The attached images are relative.   The washed out image gets worse...
org_9d8e91ee8b1adca8_1581901492000.jpg
org_74b56516bba083dc_1581901500000.jpg
2020-2-17
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_LmvYYrr4wIYU Posted at 2-17 14:59
When i manually darken and then Lock it.... moments later the video quickly whitens out and the Lock feature UNLOCKS.  It never stays the way i want it.   I'm surmising i must lock before flight. The attached images are relative.   The washed out image gets worse...

exact what I was talking about
2020-2-22
Use props
DRAGenDROP
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Labroides Posted at 2019-12-28 19:07
Are you saying that the camera's exposure settings are changing themselves (that's unlikely).
Or that the light changes as you fly around (which is quite normal).

jep, in manual
2020-2-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules