Pan not centered, drifting, calibration not working
1732 11 2015-6-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

Got my Ronin few days ago, made the updates (2.3) and facing now problems. The cam is balanced perfectly and once i turn it on the Ronin drifts leftwards (pan) very slowly. In smoothtrack mode it reacts very sensitive when turning left but to turn right i must almost twist my arms , so definitely it's not center. BUT using the center option by using the remote fails ! It simply doesnt seem to work properly. Software says to adjust center with the remote then to press center in the pop up...well, there is NO pop up saying center....only a pop with this message which says ok / cancel...but this also deosn't effect anything...not before and after restarting the ronin. Tried also the calibration, doesn't help.Before the update this didn't happen...well, it shouldn't happen anyway. So what to do now ????
Is it possible to downgrade somehow...maybe this will help???

2015-6-1
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

I uploaded a screenvideo demonstrating the problem at least on the software side: http://youtu.be/DligEiYnzxY
2015-6-1
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-6-2 04:12
I uploaded a screenvideo demonstrating the problem at least on the software side: http://youtu.be/Dl ...

Hi, click center in the assistant means click yes, the wording here makes user a little confused. We will improve the details. Thanks for the feedback.
Could you check the pan left and right deadband of the ronin?  
2015-6-3
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-6-3 17:52
Hi, click center in the assistant means click yes, the wording here makes user a little confused. W ...

Hi, thank you for the answer. But this is not working for me. I center with the remote, click yes, turn off and turn on the ronin - then it is again drifting to the left and NOT centered in the position I did set with the remote. Maybe I do something wrong?
2015-6-3
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-6-4 01:16
Hi, thank you for the answer. But this is not working for me. I center with the remote, click yes,  ...

Can you try system calibration and center calibration?
2015-6-3
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-6-4 15:41
Can you try system calibration and center calibration?

I did, I mentioned this in my earlier post. Trying it by phone app I discovered now the following, the Ronin set center on -17 degree. So the Ronin knows that it's -17 off center (pan). The drifting appears then automatically, very slow, to the further left. But when turning on the remote it stops.
Trying to calibrate center doesn't bring any result, after restart the Ronin positions at -17 degree (pan).
To me it look that center calibration doesn't work, or I'm doing it wrong - my conclusion is that technically the Ronin is fine?!
What operating mode the remote must be in for center calibration, meaning the selection switch?
2015-6-4
Use props
DJI support 8
lvl.4

Hong Kong

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-6-5 14:15
I did, I mentioned this in my earlier post. Trying it by phone app I discovered now the following, ...

Hi, please add my skype candice-zhu(shenzhen,China) , I would help you resolve the problem.
Or you can leave yours, I will add you.
2015-6-5
Use props
Ray
lvl.1

United States

DJI support 8 Posted at 2015-6-5 16:38
Hi, please add my skype candice-zhu(shenzhen,China) , I would help you resolve the problem.
Or y ...

actually why not help here so anyone else with the issue can find the answer
2015-6-5
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

Ray Posted at 2015-6-6 07:36
actually why not help here so anyone else with the issue can find the answer

Thank you, will add you. Mine is hyperfox.tm

Ray: I don't have any problem to post my experience and solution once I solved my problem.
2015-6-5
Use props
Ray
lvl.1

United States

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-6-6 13:28
Thank you, will add you.

Ray: I don't have any problem to post my experience and solution once I  ...

I was actually suggesting it to the DJI rep, but thank you... seems like it could be a helpful conversation for the forum.
2015-6-5
Use props
m.bodden
lvl.1

Poland

Maybe late, but indeed it took me a long time. So the support was really nice and helpful, but my problems couldn't be solved anyway to my satisfaction. The proposal was to send the Ronin to the next possible tech service. But to much work and my vacation kept me way from doing with the result that the Ronin was for many weeks in the box, unused.
Meanwhile new updates had been available (Firmware 1.3), so I decided to give it a chance...and wow, since then all works fine for me, no more issues with drifting, centering or whatever. After several hours of using it in field now, I'm really happy with the device.
2015-10-9
Use props
Ventuza
lvl.1
Flight distance : 71726 ft
Canada

m.bodden@hyperf Posted at 2015-10-9 13:11
Maybe late, but indeed it took me a long time. So the support was really nice and helpful, but my pr ...

Don't expect too much coordination between text, buttons, help text, applications, labels etc.
These things are loosey goosey. I had quite a few headaches truing to figure out what is where.

Any details on what happened on skype ? Even if it didn't work please mention it.
It might work for someone else or we will have and idea what we could skip.

Thanks !
2015-10-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules