Installing fw via Assistant or DJI Go, what's the difference?
946 8 2018-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1026260 ft
United States

Fellow pilots,

Frequently I have read installing/reinstalling firmware via the Assistant is preferred compared doing it using DJI Go, why is this? Is it just a myth or...? I know there are some calibration features only available when using the Assistant, but what are the differences when it comes to installing the firmware? I would assume they do exactly the same, if not, why?

2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly refer to the link https://forum.dji.com/thread-144794-1-1.html for added information. Thank you.
2018-10-8
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
United States

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-8 06:39
Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do appreciate bringing this query to us. Kindly refer to the link https://forum.dji.com/thread-144794-1-1.html for added information. Thank you.

Thanks Gamora,

I was more looking for the reason behind why updating fw is better w Assistant? We are talking about the same firmware and the same set of commands I presume, just two different delivery methods? Or is it actually some differences in the process?
2018-10-8
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Rblomqvist Posted at 2018-10-8 07:03
Thanks Gamora,

I was more looking for the reason behind why updating fw is better w Assistant? We are talking about the same firmware and the same set of commands I presume, just two different delivery methods? Or is it actually some differences in the process?

I think it's just two different delivery methods.

One real difference is the ability to refresh or downgrade on assistant 2.

Other than that everything is the same. Btw I have used both to update.
2018-10-8
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

When all works as expected, the firmware installs the same way no matter if you're using DJI GO or the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Here are some potential pros to using the DJI Assistant 2 application:

1) You can choose which version of the firmware you'd like to install (if you don't want to install the latest version for some reason).

2) People sometimes have trouble downloading firmware updates in DJI GO. That is usually not a problem when using the DJI Assistant 2 application since it does not use a cellular connection.
2018-10-8
Use props
Rblomqvist
lvl.4
United States

Thanks for the feedback
2018-10-8
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312890 ft

msinger Posted at 2018-10-8 09:05
When all works as expected, the firmware installs the same way no matter if you're using DJI GO or the DJI Assistant 2 application.

Here are some potential pros to using the DJI Assistant 2 application:

Well what about P4 V2.0 plus versions. I don't have cellular with the built in display. I have had problems updating firmware with the plus. It gives me error messages like, "Unable to update due to other 2.4ghz network conflicts". DJI Assistant 2.0 is the only way I can update the new V01.00.2000 firmware.
2018-10-8
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

My experience has been the opposite of most. I've had trouble with Assistant 2.0, but updates have always been accomplished flawlessly using the DJI Go 4 app. My theory is that Apple users have good luck with the DJI Go 4 app provided they have good wifi signal, where as Android/PC users have better luck with the DJI Assistant 2.0.  This has only been my observation with very few examples. Wondering if others have observed similar.
2018-10-17
Use props
jmclfrsh5621
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5607 ft
  • >>>

I was told by support to use DJI Assistant on my laptop to update my Mavic 2 Zoom and to use the Go4 app on my iPad to update the controller.

I kept having to retry to update my controller with my laptop after successfully upgrading the aircraft without a hitch so I finally called in and sure enough, it worked well that way.
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules