New to Spark got a couple of issues....
1164 15 2018-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dave K
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3481 ft

Hi,
i've only had a Spark for a couple of weeks, but i have a couple of issues - looking for some help please?
I am using the RC with either a Nexus7 2nd gen tablet or my Huawei P8 phone and on both i use an OTG cable.
Issues-
1- The RSSI indicator is always blank on both devices, always has been, never worked.
2- I can't stitch pano/sphere images, the display says "Downloading" followed by "Download failed, tap to retry". This is when pressing the Play button on the display, i was hoping to take/make tiny-planet images.
Other than these points its a great little machine
Any help appreciated.
Thanks

2018-10-8
Use props
Northwood
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2148596 ft
Canada

Which firmware version are you using, which version of DJIgo?
2018-10-8
Use props
AC5FF
lvl.4
Flight distance : 65194 ft
United States

I can't really help with the RSSI indicator.  Don't believe I have ever had any issues there; however,I have yet to have any luck with stitching panos or tiny planets in DJI GO.  Also will get the download fail about half the time just trying to see the photos.

Doesn't really bother me though.  I typically download the SD card images to my laptop as soon as I get home.  Stitching them together there is a breeze.
2018-10-8
Use props
Strobing_NYC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3866470 ft
United States

the processing power of your devices may not be up to par
2018-10-8
Use props
Rimsky Sucre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52566 ft
Panama

Stitching panos using Spark or DJI GO App does not work for me either. I download the pics to my Mac and use the DJI Media Maker for Mac to stitch them and a free app called Tiny Planets to make the planet effect. Both work well.
2018-10-8
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Northwood Posted at 2018-10-8 13:09
Which firmware version are you using, which version of DJIgo?

I'll get this info tonight, thanks.

It does state that its all up to date if that helps.
2018-10-8
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Strobing_NYC Posted at 2018-10-8 14:53
the processing power of your devices may not be up to par

The tab is on the approved list of devices?

Its dedicated to this app, nothing else.
2018-10-8
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Rimsky Sucre Posted at 2018-10-8 17:09
Stitching panos using Spark or DJI GO App does not work for me either. I download the pics to my Mac and use the DJI Media Maker for Mac to stitch them and a free app called Tiny Planets to make the planet effect. Both work well.

Thanks for that, got both apps now and seems to function
2018-10-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi Dave, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with your devices stitching pano/sphere images, but the mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it? We're here to help you, Dave. Let us know what happens. Thank you.

2018-10-9
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-9 05:40
Hi Dave, thank you for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the troubles you had with your devices stitching pano/sphere images, but the mobile device you used isn’t on our list of supported devices for DJI GO/DJI GO 4. As we haven’t tested its compatibility with our app, we cannot guarantee that it can work as intended and this may be the cause of the issue you previously mentioned. Have you used a device from the list below to test it? We're here to help you, Dave. Let us know what happens. Thank you.

[view_image]

Hi

thanks for the reply.

Are there multiple "recommended devices lists" ? I ask because i checked a list and was very certain the Nexus tab was on it so i bought one, now i see it is not on the list???

On your list there are no affordable devices, I just spent £400 on the spark, i cant spend another £200-1000 on a display its just not right, i thought this was the consumer end of the Drone market??

I only have my Huawei P8 and the nexus7 2nd gen tab to use, i am not worried about the photo stitching but the broken RSSI indicator is a concern.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Dave K Posted at 2018-10-9 06:10
Hi

thanks for the reply.

Hi Dave, would it be possible to attach a screenshot for us to help you? Thank you.
2018-10-9
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

DJI Gamora Posted at 2018-10-9 06:23
Hi Dave, would it be possible to attach a screenshot for us to help you? Thank you.

Here we go.

Also...
App version 4.3.2
RC FW 01.00.0600
Cam FW 00.00.18.02

Android version 6.01
2018-10-9
Use props
Wolferl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 23793 ft
Austria

Hi Dave,

It could be because you used an OTG cable, I have the same effect.

Cheers,
Wolferl
2018-10-9
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

Wolferl Posted at 2018-10-9 10:58
Hi Dave,

It could be because you used an OTG cable, I have the same effect.

I'll check that thanks
2018-10-9
Use props
Dave K
lvl.1

Its working

A member of a facebook spark group suggested clearing the nexus7 app cache and it worked
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Dave K Posted at 2018-10-9 12:34
Its working

A member of a facebook spark group suggested clearing the nexus7 app cache and it worked

Hi there, I'm glad that you were able to find a solution on the issue. If you need further help, please don't hesitate to contact us, we're here to help. Enjoy and always have a safe flight!
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules