Scratches on new Mavic 2 Pro and Black fuzz in box all around drone
1644 16 2018-10-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zacsmo
lvl.1
Canada

Hi, I bought a brand new mavic 2 pro recently and just unboxed it today, and noticed the drone was covered in with black strands of fuzz and also scratches on the gimbal, im just a little concerned and want to know if this is normal issue with packaging because thats pretty bad manufactoring if it is the case. Cant be spending over 2000 dollars on a professional product and having it out the box like that.

Here are links documenting it as it happened along with pics.

2018-10-8
Use props
dronist
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Dude, don't delay. Return it!   
2018-10-8
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

Fuzz, no biggie.  Scratches on Gimbal look deep.  Could indicate rough handling during manufacture or shipping.
2018-10-8
Use props
EdisonW1979
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535679 ft
Canada

If you purchased from a local distributor, I would be marching in to exchange for another unit ASAP.

If you bought it online from DJI, start an exchange process; they are mandated to exchange with another brand-new unit within 15 days of purchase / receipt, but make sure to make that clear to them, as they'll try to shove you a refurb.
2018-10-8
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

Mine came covered in fuzz aswell. 1 sweep and it was gone. Make sure there’s no fuzz in the coils at the motors.
Has been rock solid for over 20 flights. I had 0 scratches though.
2018-10-8
Use props
zac..
lvl.1
Canada

@EdisonW1979  I don't think its the retailers fault as the box was sealed when I received it its definitely on DJI manufacturing end ive been doing research now I see this is a common issue I haven't tested it for flight yet.
2018-10-8
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft

Scratches on gimbal is normal, the employees mans handling the gimbal onto the mount scratches it. Mine came with it too and it’s definitely not from shipping. But I was able to rub 90% of it off and it doesn’t bother me. The fuzz I’m not sure about, mine was pristine other than the gimbal scratches. To be fair, I’ve already scratched the top of the gimbal myself, from putting on the gimbal guard carelessly. Doesn’t bother me, it creates awesome footage, that’s what I bought it for.
2018-10-8
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

I had this problem too (like other customers, see https://forum.dji.com/thread-166772-2-1.html and https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=165435 ), you should report to DJI.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi thanks for reaching DJI Forum. We do apologize for the issues you have right now with your newly purchased DJI Mavic 2 Pro. I'd like to ask, when and where did you purchase the aircraft? Is it from a retailer or DJI online store? We're here to help you. Thank you.
2018-10-9
Use props
Jannistmb
lvl.4
Flight distance : 516161 ft
  • >>>

You are not the only one my mavic came also with scratches on the gimbal not so deep like yours but still.
2018-10-9
Use props
zac..
lvl.1
Canada

I purchased the Mavic 2 from Aden camera in Canada. And it was purchased on October 6th 2018. @DJI Gamora
2018-10-10
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

My Mavic 2 Pro came with NO scratches from Amazon and that was the first thing I checked because I heard others on here had scratches on the Gimbal.
2018-10-10
Use props
reclaimednj
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7260 ft
United States

Mine had a little fuzz from the box but it came right off. Mine also had some very light scratches on the back of the gimbal. Nothing that deep. I'd return to the store that you bought it from.
2018-10-10
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>
United States

Obviously bothers you enough to post and make videos, you should probably stop wasting your time and exchange it...
2018-10-10
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

black fuzz is normal it's from their packaging material but gimbal scratches don't know about that one.
2018-10-10
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft

I had the same problem and DJI support created a replacement case.
Just received the new one, thank you
It also has a minor scratch but nothing serious this time.
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_Rifz1lyF1NYb
lvl.1
United States

My mavic 2 pro came in a sealed box I bought it in eBay and it came with a scratch in the on top the camara, i was concern cause the drone is new I also chat with dji customer service and i provided the s/n and they it is a new drone.
2020-4-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules