Active Track Spotlight mode only MOV
1036 10 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blessyou
lvl.2
Flight distance : 186165 ft
Italy

When I select the Active Track spotlight mode (Mavic 2 Pro with Android), I’ve got the error message: this mode doesn’t work with MP4

I’d like to understand if this mode works only with video format MOV … I’ve looked for, but I haven’t find anything  

Where I wrong ??? Or is better set the video format MOV also if I use the PC Windows for the post production ???

2018-10-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

That doesn't seem right to me, maybe the error is actually something else, like too high a video resolution or something?
2018-10-9
Use props
Blessyou
lvl.2
Italy

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-9 06:00
That doesn't seem right to me, maybe the error is actually something else, like too high a video resolution or something?

Mmh, I'm testing the video resolution 4K HQ with DLog-M managing it with the post production – the other parameters are more or less “standard”

Could be this, or the app DJI for Android ???

2018-10-9
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
United States

Blessyou Posted at 2018-10-9 06:10
Mmh, I'm testing the video resolution 4K HQ with DLog-M managing it with the post production – the other parameters are more or less “standard”

Could be this, or the app DJI for Android ???

My hunch would be that there is some kind of restriction on the type of video that can be taken in this intelligent flight mode, and that the Android version of the app is just returning an incorrect or poorly worded error message. I'd give it a shot with a lower-res video and/or sans DLog and see if it still complains.

IOW, a hardware restriction combined with poor or incorrect messaging in the app.

Maybe an iOS/Mavic 2 Pro user can give it a try and weigh-in?
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble. Regarding this concern, I will coordinate our developer to clarify it as well, however. please provide some screenshot of the Issue for me to include it as well when coordinating our developer. Thanks!
2018-10-9
Use props
Holx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139331 ft
  • >>>

Works on IOS
2018-10-9
Use props
Blessyou
lvl.2
Italy

Ex Machina Posted at 2018-10-9 06:54
My hunch would be that there is some kind of restriction on the type of video that can be taken in this intelligent flight mode, and that the Android version of the app is just returning an incorrect or poorly worded error message. I'd give it a shot with a lower-res video and/or sans DLog and see if it still complains.

IOW, a hardware restriction combined with poor or incorrect messaging in the app.

Next weekend, I'll try to set video format normal or set MOV

2018-10-9
Use props
Blessyou
lvl.2
Italy

Works about both set MOV and MP4, or only MOV ???

Thanks
2018-10-9
Use props
Blessyou
lvl.2
Italy

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-9 07:47
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble. Regarding this concern, I will coordinate our developer to clarify it as well, however. please provide some screenshot of the Issue for me to include it as well when coordinating our developer. Thanks!

It isn't a very problem ... IIn this moment I'm studing all the feautures (even if, I think the problem is/could be the MP4 set)
I'll write the result about my tests

2018-10-9
Use props
Blessyou
lvl.2
Italy

Deae All,

after the latest firmware, my (little) problem is been solved on Android

Thanks a lot and good flights ...
2018-10-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer

Blessyou Posted at 2018-10-11 23:39
Deae All,

after the latest firmware, my (little) problem is been solved on Android

Aw, good -- sometimes weird problems like that seem to only get fixed with firmware refreshes or updates, glad to hear you got it sorted.
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules