1772 10 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5137874 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been following subjects in sport mode with every DJI product I've owned, but for some reason my new mavic 2 pro gimbal jumps when I first push forward. See it at do this jump up at about 44 and 102 seconds. Hope its just a software fix coming soon.

Jetoberfest" (Plum Island Airport: Newbury, MA)" on YouTube
https://youtu.be/H8g-IoVBz14

2018-10-9
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Anyone else experience this?
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the trouble that you have faced. May I ask how often did you receive that kind of issue? However. I would suggest to calibrate the gimbal camera and see if will work. Please keep us posted regarding it. Thanks!
2018-10-9
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Every time in sport mode pushing forward to full speed. Ill try a gimbal calibration and see if it goes away. I hate to send it in if others aren't doing this same jump.
2018-10-9
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

What is 44 102 seconds?  In sport mode the gimbal tried it best to act like position mode, but when certain limits are reached the gimbal jumps.  That had been my experience.
2018-10-9
Use props
Blellow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for grammatical mistakes.
2018-10-9
Use props
Asainz320
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>

Yes! My Mavic 2 Zoom does this as well. Its very annoying!
2018-10-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

my mavic pro does that too as do many others - probably all mavics (according to previous discussion we had about the subject and now also new mavics experience.) The trick i use to overcome the problem is to keep my finger on the gimbal dial - yes it does jump at first but after that with finger on the gimbal dial i maintain good control of gimbal movement. It took me a fair bit of practice to get right but it is a way around the issue.
2018-10-9
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Well this isn't good. A well ballaced gimbal shouldn't do it. My old mavic didn't do it or i just didn't notice it, if it was less noticeable  and my inspire 2 certainly doesn't shake at all. I did the calibration as recomended and will give it a try come daylight to see if it's improved some and I can ease into full speed shots. If it's still bad I would say these pro cameras may not factory counterbalanced very well or a software fix to ease into full speed may be required. Remenber the inspire 2 getting a reductionin speed just before release because it just didnt film right at that faster speed?
2018-10-9
Use props
egar1M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 429206 ft
Italy

JohnnieYaz Posted at 2018-10-9 21:18
Well this isn't good. A well ballaced gimbal shouldn't do it. My old mavic didn't do it or i just dodnt notice it, if it was less noticeable  and my inspire 2 certainly doesn't shake at all. I did the calibration as recomended and will give it a try come daylight to see if it's improved some and I can ease into full speed shots. If it's still bad I would say these pro cameras may not factory counterbalanced very well or a software fix to ease into full speed may be required. Remenber the inspire 2 getting a reductionin speed just before release because it just didnt film right at that faster speed?

same here! when you push full throttle the gimbal do that move!
2018-10-11
Use props
JohnnieYaz
lvl.4
  • >>>

Calibration done a did a text flight. It s does it but not every time, maybe 50%. DJI, I belive we have a issue that needs testing and a update.   
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules