Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Magic 2 Zoom CHOPPY/LAGGY 4k footage
5994 11 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft
Canada

I dont understand whats going on, but anytime i record 4k fottage on my mavic 2 zoom, the video is choppy and lags, even the recorded video when played on my computer is lagging and choppy. when on a lower resolution, there are no issues. can anyone help!?
2018-10-9
Use props
Dave27
lvl.1
Flight distance : 344 ft
Canada

I'm also having this issue. Does anyone know what is happening? I see other videos that are smooth and clear. Mine in all the modes go smooth and then like a stutter or a jump. Please help!!
2018-10-9
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

If you play a 4K video on YouTube, do you see the same issue?
2018-10-9
Use props
nieflyer
lvl.1
Flight distance : 27733 ft
Austria

Mine looks like this in every quick shot, somebody help pls.
2018-10-10
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

anytime i record 4k fottage on my mavic 2 zoom, the video is choppy and lags

It is quite hardware demanding not only to work with 4K recordings but also to play them. Many have problems. But the first step in problem solving is about using a good SD card (only the best ones are sufficient). Then make sure there's lots of muscles in the computer and last but not least - choose the right player.
2018-10-10
Use props
Georgedaoud
lvl.2
Flight distance : 576952 ft

So I bought a new SanDisk Ultra 256gb micro SD and it seems to have stopped. I think the card I was using was cheaper so maybe the write speed was the problem. Although it seems like it’s fine now with the 4K, it still says that it’s a “slow card”  in the flight status page. I don’t know why. It’s supposedly a good micro sd card. Can anyone recommend any others
2018-10-14
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-10-14 14:09
So I bought a new SanDisk Ultra 256gb micro SD and it seems to have stopped. I think the card I was using was cheaper so maybe the write speed was the problem. Although it seems like it’s fine now with the 4K, it still says that it’s a “slow card”  in the flight status page. I don’t know why. It’s supposedly a good micro sd card. Can anyone recommend any others

Make sure you don't get a fake card. There are many going around. Buy from a reputable store and do a speed test on your computer before you use it. You can speed test with a downloadable app called Black Magic. There is a whole list of Sandisk cards that DJI recommends in the manual. For some reason DJI never seems to recommend Lexar cards, but this is one of my favourites. It works great with the 4K camera and loads quickly to the computer too. cardshttp://www.lexar.com/portfolio_p ... osdxc-uhs-ii-cards/ Also
2018-10-14
Use props
FlyDK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

Georgedaoud Posted at 2018-10-14 14:09

Can anyone recommend any others

https://www.sandisk.com/home/mem ... extremeplus-microsd

You can get this card with 32, 64 or 128 GB. I use a 64 GB and it's never been more than half full, after emptying three batteries with my MP, recording in 4K.
2018-10-17
Use props
Nick Di Giugno
lvl.1
United States

I have FOUND A FIX to this laggy/choppy video issue.

The SD card I am using is a sandisk extreme plus 64gb but that's not what fixed my video problem. I noticed only the 4k video from my Mavic 2 pro was laggy/choppy once i imported it into my computer. Anything 2.7k and below looked buttery smooth.

The fix I found is converting the 4k footage to ProRes using a video converter app like EditReady. Once the footage is converted, it plays back flawlessly! So I believe the problem is actually that our computers can't handle the 4k raw footage and converting the footage first lightens the load. So it's not a problem with the drone/camera/video itself. You can even put in your footage to something like Final Cut Pro, export it to h.264 and voila, you have some nice creamy footage!

I uploaded the before and after videos - read the titles!

Hope this helps.

2019-1-22
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Nick Di Giugno Posted at 1-22 15:48
I have FOUND A FIX to this laggy/choppy video issue.

The SD card I am using is a sandisk extreme plus 64gb but that's not what fixed my video problem. I noticed only the 4k video from my Mavic 2 pro was laggy/choppy once i imported it into my computer. Anything 2.7k and below looked buttery smooth.

Hi Nick. Thank you for sharing this information with us. I hope this helps a lot of user about this issue. Also, we highly recommend using a compatible SD card. Please choose a proper option for your Mavic when it comes to different devices and different environment. If the signal of the channel is not good enough, you can choose "Smooth" to improve the performance. Thanks.
2019-1-22
Use props
Nick Di Giugno
lvl.1
United States

Hey Guys! Decided to make an actual tutorial video going a little bit more in depth on how to solve this issue!
2019-1-30
Use props
willfullerton
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1284888 ft
United States

When exporting try changing the Time Interpolation to Optical Flow. This seems to clean up the choppiness of the 4k footage coming from our Mavic 2 Pro
2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules