RC battery life
828 12 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MagicRide
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

Any way around my M2P from charging my android based Samsung note 8 and eating away at the RC's battery life? I've tried using both ports and no difference. I mean after 2 25 minute flights I have 70% is that ok?
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. I will coordinate with our R&D engineers to check if there's a possible solution for this concern. Do you have an IOS device that you can use to avoid charging the phone? You can disable "charging mode"  on IOS device through the app. Please refer on the attachment below.

2018-10-9
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

You can not change that on Android. Just make sure your phone is fully charged before you go flying. I do it like that and have approx 45% battery left after flying 3 batteries with my MP.
2018-10-9
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Try to turn off "fast cable charging" to slow down charging in your Samsung mobile:

''Settings" >>> "Device maintenance" >>> "Battery" >>> tap the 3 dots and "Advanced settings" then turn off "Fast cable charging".
2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_FCl1kqFp0pj8
lvl.2
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-10-9 08:29
Try to turn off "fast cable charging" to slow down charging in your Samsung mobile:

''Settings" >>> "Device maintenance" >>> "Battery" >>> tap the 3 dots and "Advanced settings" then turn off "Fast cable charging".

That will not do anything as the controller is not a fast charger...
2018-10-9
Use props
k1bus
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30725 ft
Indonesia

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-9 07:56
Our apologies for the inconvenience. I will coordinate with our R&D engineers to check if there's a possible solution for this concern. Do you have an IOS device that you can use to avoid charging the phone? You can disable "charging mode"  on IOS device through the app. Please refer on the attachment below.

[view_image]

how about MA?? i can't find "charge mode" setting on DJI GO 4 apps, my samsung s9+ was charge by remote, how do i fix that?
2018-10-9
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-9 07:56

[view_image]

Sorry I don't use any Apple products, only Android..lol Dji needs to do the same for android devices.
2018-10-9
Use props
MagicRide
Second Officer
United States

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-10-9 08:29

Good idea I will try that.
2018-10-9
Use props
Mavic57pro2
First Officer
Flight distance : 3772247 ft
  • >>>

I always make sure my Galaxy S8+ is fully charged before flying, makes a big difference to the remote discharging into the phone. Also always charge the remote until the screen goes off, it shows 100% but is still charging until that screen goes off.
2018-10-9
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

That is typically where my rc battery level is after 2 batteries flying - looks good to me.
2018-10-9
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft

You can always add a power block into the RC via the side conection and connect you mobile to the RC via the lower usb port, just get a long cable and put the power block in your pocket.

2018-10-9
Use props
djiuser_yZjxb5ldjNh0
lvl.2
Canada

MagicRide Posted at 2018-10-9 10:49
Sorry I don't use any Apple products, only Android..lol Dji needs to do the same for android devices.

They can't; android does not expose that control. Only way to stop the RC from charging your phone would be to root it.
2018-10-9
Use props
CA Mavic Pro
Second Officer
Flight distance : 639652 ft
Lebanon

FlyDK Posted at 2018-10-9 08:01
You can not change that on Android. Just make sure your phone is fully charged before you go flying. I do it like that and have approx 45% battery left after flying 3 batteries with my MP.

same with iphone x
2018-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules