Phantom 3 Lens Cover (Lens Cap)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rob88
lvl.3

Canada

Found these at my local hardware store.  Only $1.99 for a package of four.  The 1-1/4" (32 mm) size is a perfect fit . . . not too tight, not too loose.

1.JPG
2.JPG
3.JPG
4.JPG

BTW, if you don't own four Phantoms, the extra lens covers can be used to protect your floors :)

BTW, if you don't own four Phantoms, the extra lens covers can be used to protect your floors :)
2015-6-1
Use props
gil
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Uh-oh, won't be long now before somebody buys a bunch of these, repackages them as a single and starts selling them for $19.95!
2015-6-1
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Does it glide on and off like the package says it will? ;-)

Awesome find, thanks for sharing it...

There must be many things that could double for a lens cap/cover...

And you folks already with a Phantom 3, continue to surprise and amaze me... With your ingenuity.
Still unsure why DJI, have not provided these, within the Phantom kit.
Seems like it would simply be a no brainier? You wouldn't buy a $700 camera or lens, without some form of protection to the front element.
But, I deal only in Nikon photography equipment, and so I can't speak to other manufacturers.

RedHotPoker
2015-6-1
Use props
Ducado
New

United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2015-6-2 12:48
Does it glide on and off like the package says it will? ;-)

Awesome find, thanks for sharing it...

I searched high and low for these chair leg cups without success.  I tried photo stores and more.  Came home and looked at my wife's dressing table and there was a plastic cap on the top of a small bottle of hand cream.  I lined it with with some sticky tape and - voila - I have the perfect lens cap.  Cost Zero.
2015-6-9
Use props
Ducado
New

United Kingdom

2015-6-9
Use props
Ducado
New

United Kingdom

Can't add the picture.  I have it on my iPad and Flickr but cannot post - any ideas why?
2015-6-9
Use props
Ducado
New

United Kingdom

https://flic.kr/p/up6HvP
2015-6-9
Use props
bearlodgeonshee
lvl.1

United States

Thank you.