Has anyone ever found a fix for the BLACK SCREEN error?
14517 25 2018-10-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

I have a mavic zoom, with 2 phones, xiaomi redmi note 2 and a pixel 2 XL.   On the xiaomi the app will crash every now and then, so i dont really want to use it, and the pixel 2xl is my phone so i also dont want to use it since i dont care to have people call while im using the drone.  

I have 2 7in tablets, asus zentab and amazon fire 7.   Both have play store and installed the DJI go.  Both have NO issues connecting to the drone but for some reason the viewfinder doesnt show up on the screen.

Now please if you are going to bombard me with comments about compatibilty move a long, im looking for fixes that i know are on the devices..

I have googled this for a few days now and there are no real fixes,  A few youtube videos that have a ton of downvotes and other forums where no one has solved it.  I am really hoping DJI will step in and say something as it seems like a common issue with their software.  The downside is that people have sent in their drones and replaced gimbals and such and still no fix when it was all the APP software..

anyone have any input on a fix?
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. I just want to clarify, may I know if you are receiving an error message on the DJI Go 4 app? If yes, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message so we can check. Thank you.
2018-10-9
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-9 13:47
Hi, we're very sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. I just want to clarify, may I know if you are receiving an error message on the DJI Go 4 app? If yes, could you please show us a screenshot of the error message so we can check. Thank you.

its pretty straight forward what i wrote..  I ididnt mention an ERROR because there was none..  If you google DJI black screen you will find 100s of post about a no live view and no fix..

DJI will simply pass the buck and tell you to buy a new phone..  

OH ITS A COMPATIBILITY ISSUE, even though others with the same hardware and software have it working no problem.

heres your screen shot
2018-10-10
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Hi. The only way to fix the black screen issue is to downgrade your app.
But since it’s mavic 2 zoom, the furthest you can go back is 4.3.0

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

jerkwagon Posted at 2018-10-10 00:00
its pretty straight forward what i wrote..  I ididnt mention an ERROR because there was none..  If you google DJI black screen you will find 100s of post about a no live view and no fix..

DJI will simply pass the buck and tell you to buy a new phone..  

I understand your frustration and we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use your Google Pixel 2XL device so we can check if you will have the same issue? Also, please re-link your remote controller to your aircraft before you connect your device to your RC. If the issue persists, please let us know. We are here to help you.
2018-10-10
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-10 08:01
I understand your frustration and we're very sorry for the inconvenience caused. Can you please try to use your Google Pixel 2XL device so we can check if you will have the same issue? Also, please re-link your remote controller to your aircraft before you connect your device to your RC. If the issue persists, please let us know. We are here to help you.

like i said it works fine with my pixel,  stop trying to fix something that is not BROKE.
2018-10-10
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

You Just need a device with cash memory (RAM) that can handle with DJI Go 4 performance which is a heavy app that needs more cash memory, therefore, better to have a device with at least 2 GB RAM cash memory and the best to buy a 4 GB RAM cash memory device.
2018-10-10
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2018-10-10 10:12
You Just need a device with cash memory (RAM) that can handle with DJI Go 4 performance which is a heavy app that needs more cash memory, therefore, better to have a device with at least 2 GB RAM cash memory and the best to buy a 4 GB RAM cash memory device.

This is false my xiaomi does not have 4gb of RAM and works.  Please stop posting false statements
2018-10-10
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

jerkwagon Posted at 2018-10-10 13:37
This is false my xiaomi does not have 4gb of RAM and works.  Please stop posting false statements

You need to read again.

2018-10-11
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

You must mean cache
2018-10-11
Use props
G_Sig
Second Officer
Flight distance : 9109311 ft
Iceland

jerkwagon Posted at 2018-10-10 08:23
like i said it works fine with my pixel,  stop trying to fix something that is not BROKE.

This link might help.
Dji Go on Android.
2018-10-11
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

G_Sig Posted at 2018-10-11 13:38
This link might help.
Dji Go on Android.

not really, no one can explain why the live view isnt working on a lot of devices..

i have read that page before, it had some helpful stuff, but again doenst FIX anything... just makes other things better, but whats the point if you can not see from the point of the drone?
2018-10-11
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I feel your pain.
Just been given a Mavic 2 Zoom and have the black screen on my Huawei P8 lite, which has worked perfectly on my Mavic Pro since November 2016.
App and drone on the latest firmware.
I have a Huawei Media Pro 2 tablet as well and that works fine so all is not lost.

2018-10-12
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

Harbourside Posted at 2018-10-12 04:43
I feel your pain.
Just been given a Mavic 2 Zoom and have the black screen on my Huawei P8 lite, which has worked perfectly on my Mavic Pro since November 2016.
App and drone on the latest firmware.

Yeah its just very very annoying.  If you talk to support they will show you a list of supported devices,  That list is pretty dumb.   for example

PIXEL 2 XL is supported
PIXEL 2 is not....  why?  exact same hardware just a larger screen and battery.  so if you have a mavic and run it on a Pixel 2, you will get this answer from DJI "the device is not supported, we suggest using one of the supported devices in the list"   

THat being said they do not support ANY table with android which to me is a joke.  Considering you are paying over $1k for for a drone, it should work with anything on android 6.0+  .  I understand if your hardware is old and slow the app may be slow and laggy, but to straight up not give you a function?   

Im willing to bet that DJI has put in their code to look at hardware and if it doesnt meet certain requirements to turn off the screen..   Because the tablet is just talking to the RC not the actual drone.   SO i dont know what gives..   its very annoying
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_MhErAzQiwQa5
New

United Kingdom

BLACK SCREEN.....Did you find a solution? I got the same problem....I got guarantee so they gave me a new drone...and again the same problem! I'm trying now to downgraded the firmware but doesn't seem to work....
2018-11-9
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

djiuser_MhErAzQiwQa5 Posted at 11-9 09:42
BLACK SCREEN.....Did you find a solution? I got the same problem....I got guarantee so they gave me a new drone...and again the same problem! I'm trying now to downgraded the firmware but doesn't seem to work....

its not hardware to the drone, its your phone/tablet.    DJI doesnt support android tablets,   so you have to get a better phone/tablet.   I did find that the Samsung galaxy Tab A  works amazing (just make sure its the newer version with USB C) older models get the blacks screen.
2018-11-9
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

djiuser_MhErAzQiwQa5 Posted at 11-9 09:42

The solution is to downgrade your app version.
First uninstall DJI go.
Then download from apkmirror  version 4.1.15, if it’s not a mavic 2 that is!
Enable installation from unknown sources in the device.
Disable auto updates off the apps in play market.
And just make sure to never update the app on that particular device ever again.

Flysafely and enjoy all
Alex
2018-11-9
Use props
djiuser_1NSJjAdm1hCy
New

Germany

Alex B. Posted at 2018-11-9 10:40
The solution is to downgrade your app version.
First uninstall DJI go.
Then download from apkmirror  version 4.1.15, if it’s not a mavic 2 that is!

Thank you so much. You made my day.
Had the same problem for my spark in combination with the Huawei P8lite. After downgrading to 4.1.15 I have live view.
2019-1-27
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4

Spain

djiuser_1NSJjAdm1hCy Posted at 1-27 14:21
Thank you so much. You made my day.
Had the same problem for my spark in combination with the Huawei P8lite. After downgrading to 4.1.15 I have live view.

You are welcome

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2019-1-27
Use props
djiuser_BBXR5SfSkvvg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126847 ft
Portugal

Hi.
I bought yersterday a lenovo m7 android tablet because has the perfect screen size to the remote control of my mavic 2.
GOT A BLACK SCREEN.
it works fine with my both smartphones such as huawei mate 20 lite.
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_BBXR5SfSkvvg
lvl.1
Flight distance : 126847 ft
Portugal

Alex B. Posted at 2019-1-27 16:07
You are welcome

Fly safely and enjoy

It's strange !
Need to downgrade!???? To fix a problem like this.
You are loosing something without downgrading or not?
2020-4-16
Use props
djiuser_yOkCG96wojof
New
Australia

Have just downloaded latest firmware for Magic Pro 2 (1 week old) & using IPhone 8.  I am now not getting camera feed to phone/controller.  Can you please advise how to fix.  
2020-5-29
Use props
SunshynFF
lvl.2
Flight distance : 30010 ft
United States

jerkwagon Posted at 2018-10-10 08:23

Wow, very fitting screen name!  Hope you figured it out, because you're the one on a forum asking questions and treating the person trying to help you like crap.  She's an admin for the forum, not the F&$%ing  CEO of DJI.  If you don't want to deal with issues out of your hands, build your own damn multi-rotor and learn how to actually fly!  Jeez, whatta douche nozzle.
2020-10-2
Use props
djiuser_KW8PoKHmTetg
New

Australia

I second that.  Purchased the Lenovo to be used specifically and exclusively for the Mavic Pro Controller.  It was a good size; larger than my phone but small enough to fit and be practical (not require the additional stand/holder the DJI sells). Nothing but a black screen.  It will control the drone and even shoot video and images...the display just reveals nothing though.  Contacted support and their best suggestion was to enable USB dedugging mode.  Naturally this had zero effect. Given this means there are some devices that just arent compatible, I wish they would publish a list so I didn't have to play 'guess and check.'  Will be furious if on top of the proce of the Mavic 2 Pro, I now need to go and purchase an iPad to use it!
2020-12-9
Use props
djiuser_DSZLcmoNXJQM
New

Canada

This is to describe the problem that I had with the black screen and I how I fixed it with my Mavic Air 2

Problem
The camera feed shows black screen on my mobile. When trying to take photos, the drone takes photos, and I can view the photo after it was taken on my phone. When trying to take a video, it still shows a black screen on the mobile, and I can't view it after it was taken on my phone. But if I transfer the memory card to my computer, I can see the video and photo which were taken. The drone can fly fine, but there because it shows black screen, you really can not go far with it.

Analysis of the Issue
Because I was able to see the photos after taking them and when transferring the memory card to my computer, it is a clear indication that there is nothing wrong with the hardware. Because, if there was something wrong with the hardware or the camera, it would not work at all. I open my drone for inspections, but I did not find anything wrong. So, if you have the same issue, I highly recommend you not to open your drone. It is not a hardware issue, but rather the software.

I also used another phone, but still has same problem as above. I used both Android and IPhone, and the problem appeared in both of them. So, that is indication the problem is not with phone or the app either. So, only suspect left in the room is the remote control.

Solution
- Hard reset your remote control. You can do that by the following
    1- Turn your RC on, while your drone should be off
    2- Press and hold the three buttons at the same time of (C1 "Fn", C2 "switch camera mode photo/video", and the shutter "located top right near the antenna" ), until you hear beeps (D, DDD).
    3-  Turn off your RC
    4-  Start the (DJI Fly) app on your phone
    5 - Turn your RC on and connect it to your phone
    6- On (DJI Fly) app on your phone, it should ask you to update the app, please update it, and it should restart the app.
    7- Turn your drone on and connect it to your RC. And now, you should see the camera live feed on your phone.
I hope this help if anyone ever gets the same problem

2021-12-28
Use props
Mark James6
New

Australia

djiuser_DSZLcmoNXJQM Posted at 2021-12-28 05:10
This is to describe the problem that I had with the black screen and I how I fixed it with my Mavic Air 2

Problem

Hi mate.  I tried this and it doesnt work.  You say hold all 3 buttons at the same time and hear Dddd? Is that just the noise of hitting all 3 buttons at once as you dont hear anything else and it doesnt ask for an update after?
2022-6-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules