Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Controller SD Card Slot
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
n55w132
lvl.2
Flight distance : 312890 ft

Anyone experience a stuck card in the controller SD card slot. Mine went in and will not eject. and no its not upside down or inserted wrong, I have inserted and removed it many times with no problems. This time it stuck in so far you can't even grasp it with tweezers.
2018-10-9
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Can you carefully push it in to unlock it with a stylus?

RedHotPoker
2018-10-9
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

This issue has been reported quite a few times, in particular with relation to the socket in the aircraft. I am guessing it is quite likely the same socket component may be used on the controller. The normal course of action is to return the device to DJI for repair.
2018-10-9
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Our apologies for the inconvenience. Can you provide a short video showing the issue so that I can check it on my end? You can upload it by using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Have you tried to use a thinner tweezers? If it is very hard to remove it, I would suggest you to contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav). Our repair team will help you out on removing the SD card. You can also provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-10
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2

Ok, so I removed the four tiny hex screws on the plastic cover plate and removed the cover and guess what? The SD card popped back out and I am able to remove the card in and out no problems. So I put the plastic cover back on and sure enough it got stuck again. Took the plastic cover back off and inspected the tine square hole where you inset the SD card through and found a very small dimple of plastic on the surface of the square hole so I used a jewelers flat file and carefully filed the dimple off (must have been a casting defect) and put the plastic cover back on and now my SD card inserts and ejects properly.
2018-10-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

n55w132 Posted at 2018-10-11 20:08
Ok, so I removed the four tiny hex screws on the plastic cover plate and removed the cover and guess what? The SD card popped back out and I am able to remove the card in and out no problems. So I put the plastic cover back on and sure enough it got stuck again. Took the plastic cover back off and inspected the tine square hole where you inset the SD card through and found a very small dimple of plastic on the surface of the square hole so I used a jewelers flat file and carefully filed the dimple off (must have been a casting defect) and put the plastic cover back on and now my SD card inserts and ejects properly.

Proud of you bro... for being self help proactive.

Thanks for letting DJI know, what their problem was too. Ha

RedHotPoker
2018-10-11
Use props
n55w132
lvl.2

RedHotPoker Posted at 2018-10-11 20:19
Proud of you bro... for being self help proactive.

I guess I can chalk that one up to self help. Probably voided my warranty but oh well its working great now
2018-10-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

n55w132 Posted at 2018-10-11 20:24
I guess I can chalk that one up to self help. Probably voided my warranty but oh well its working great now

You only void the warranty if you tell on yourself. Hahaha

But at this juncture, who needs to be overly concerned.

Now it’s time, to Go out and fly the “blank” out of her. Haha

RedHotPoker
2018-10-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules