Samsung Tab A (2016) - SM-T285M
1176 7 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Doug123
lvl.1
Cayman Islands

There is no imagery showing on my tablet (Samsung Tab A (2016) - SM-T285M). I am not sure what could be the problem. Can you help? Our office just purchased 2 DJI Mavic Pro.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're sorry to hear about the trouble. Regarding your concern may I ask if you receiving the Disconnected in gray status on the DJI Go 4 app? Meaning if you having that status the Device is not communicating with the remote. I would suggest to use the bottom port from the remote and use a Normal cable and also give a try to use a different device as well just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it. Thanks!
2018-10-10
Use props
Bekaru MP UAV
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

hey doug-  i got a samsung tab A 2016 new with my drone. It is an insufficient devise to fly a mavic with. sometimes it seemed to work fine at first but as the updates progressed i got more and more problems. Eventually i tried another devise and those problems disappeared. i held onto the device for more than a year and tried it every few months on my drone. always problems with my tab A and then no problems with my other phone. My end conclusion was that the Tab A is an insufficient devise.
2018-10-10
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1247913 ft
United States

If you follow the instructions here, if you haven't already that is, it'll have its best chance to function with dji go.

https://www.phantomhelp.com/tips ... ep-by-step-guide.31

You'll be stripping it down removing everything so the only thing that tablet is used for is dedicated to drone flight, if that won't work for ya for some reason you'll need a different device.

You might anyway but that would give it the best shot at it.

2018-10-10
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Hi.

Sorry but your tablet does not have enough RAM and horsepower under the hood to run DJIGO4 stable. You must have at least a device with an 8 core CPU running by a clock freq at least 1.5 GHz and 3 MB RAM.

Here is a link to data on your tablet Samsung tablet:  https://www.sammobile.com/device ... -4g/specs/SM-T285M/  in which you can see that tablet is too small.

Regards Leif.
2018-10-10
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

Landbo Posted at 2018-10-10 15:58
Hi.

Sorry but your tablet does not have enough RAM and horsepower under the hood to run DJIGO4 stable. You must have at least a device with an 8 core CPU running by a clock freq at least 1.5 GHz and 3 MB RAM.

Two of the three devices I use for both my drones do not meet your stated min requirements. The first one under it in total core count. The second below it on all three counts, core count core speed and total ram.

That one equal/marginally better than the op's device and in ram only and it works great properly set up for the task.
2018-10-10
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

Dan B-P4 Posted at 2018-10-10 17:20
Two of the three devices I use for both my drones do not meet your stated min requirements. The first one under it in total core count. The second below it on all three counts, core count core speed and total ram.

That one equal/marginally better than the op's device and in ram only and it works great properly set up for the task.

You do not mention which 4 core tablets you have ?

I also use two older tablets with 4 core Intel processor. Unfortunately, both tablets are beginning to give up on DJIGO4 because of excessive delay on the screen from the camera. Therefore I recommend a modern tablet (at least made in 2017) with specs I'm believe can handle DJIGO4 the next 2-3 years.   

Regards Leif.
2018-10-12
Use props
Dan B-P4
lvl.4
United States

Yea was more of a question than anything else, new at this myself and your suggested spec list there kinda threw me a tad. And yea more power is always better!

I would also add that I wasn't and am not suggesting the OP's tablet will work, it might not just wanted to provide a link to the information that was helpful to me.

I ordered the Lenovo tab 4 8 at the same time I ordered the P4  (4 core 1.4GHz snapdragon/2 GB ram) .

Basically I knew enough to know I wanted something with a screen larger than that of a phone and that was about the extent of it at the time!

With the P4 it worked pretty much as it was right out of the box, IIRC all I had to do was disable cache locally on record to correct a little bit of live stream glitchiness every now and then. That was fine I didn't need or intend to use that function anyway, memory card is all I was concerned with.

Then the P4 failed and fell from the sky so I picked up a MP. I found the tab 4 suffered with it before ever leaving the ground, green screen video stream in and out etc so back to that linked to page.
Further refinements had it working great with it too and without having to run older firmware versions etc on either drone to achieve it.

Devices we also might use with either drone, (My son and I often fly both models and at the same time)

Droid Turbo
4 core 2.7Ghz snapdragon/3GB ram, I've stripped it down no longer in use as a "phone" but it didn't "require" it to work.

Moto Z3
8 core 2.35GHz Snapdragon/4GB ram, works great out of the box no tweaking required.

I enable the hot spot on the phone to give the tablet wifi on location for live map. Didn't have any problem with that using either phone.

Suggested it as seems they already own the tablet, so out nothing but a little time to see if they can get it working if they wish.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules