Time and Date Stamp On Photos
12303 20 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

Has anyone figured out if we can set a time and date stamp on the photos taken by a Phantom Pro 4?

2018-10-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Just like every other digital camera, every photo you take with the Phantom has the date and time stored in the exif info that is part of the image file.
2018-10-10
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, Thanks for the inquiry. I will check your query with our R&D engineers to seek for a clarification in regards to your query. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-10
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

My question is, like many cameras, is there a function to automatically imprint the time and date stamp directly on the image?
2018-10-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

1Eagle Posted at 2018-10-10 14:47
My question is, like many cameras, is there a function to automatically imprint the time and date stamp directly on the image?

No there isn't.
2018-10-10
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

Thanks Labroides, straight forward answer.....Hey DJI, I think many of us would like that feature. Would you look into it for us?  Thanks.
2018-10-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

1Eagle Posted at 2018-10-11 07:17
Thanks Labroides, straight forward answer.....Hey DJI, I think many of us would like that feature. Would you look into it for us?  Thanks.

Why?
If you need to know date and time, it's always right there in the exif info or even the file creation date.
Photos branded with a date stamp look horrible.
2018-10-11
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

Labroides Posted at 2018-10-11 15:58
Why?
If you need to know date and time, it's always right there in the exif info or even the file creation date.

Ugly or not, it's nice to have for some presentations.
2018-10-16
Use props
Aerial Shadrone
New

United States

Why?

Maybe they're doing visual inspections and uploading them into a GIS database for reference and want it to visually confirm between the date information in the attribute tables of the particular feature class.

That's what brought me here. Not everyone has the same use cases as you (the importance or lack there of regarding visual appearance). On that note, thank you for the clarification of what is an is not possible.
2019-4-12
Use props
P3KoYoT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1846667 ft
Poland

1Eagle  I recomend you to use simple and freeware software like irfanView and you can add to batch of files information you like: date & time stamp, logo, signature,  without any trouble, even better you can adjust position of it. I use it a lot adding canvas and all information print on it.
2019-4-12
Use props
patiam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1118740 ft
  • >>>
United States

@1Eagle I second @P3KoYoT's suggestion of IrfanView or another share/freeware app that will simply read each image's EXIF information and burn it on the image for you. If you had to do this for just a few images you could do it manually as well.
2019-4-12
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

P3KoYoT Posted at 4-12 10:13
1Eagle  I recomend you to use simple and freeware software like irfanView and you can add to batch of files information you like: date & time stamp, logo, signature,  without any trouble, even better you can adjust position of it. I use it a lot adding canvas and all information print on it.

Thank you for the suggestion. I will look into this.
We appreciate you participation in the forum.
2019-4-12
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
United States

patiam Posted at 4-12 10:20
@1Eagle I second @P3KoYoT's suggestion of IrfanView or another share/freeware app that will simply read each image's EXIF information and burn it on the image for you. If you had to do this for just a few images you could do it manually as well.

Thanks patiam, this is a great idea.
I usually only have a few photos at a time.
2019-4-12
Use props
djiuser_D4vkOw2pUX5i
New

Romania

Hello guys,
I faced with this problem and i developed an application to do very precise and fast  this work using as input the drone images . For those of you who want to add timestamp to the images i can do the work for 10 euro/100 images and i can customize the text font, size, color, position and date time format (dd/mm/yyyy or dd/mm/yyyy hh/mm/ss ) of timestamp. For the contact email me at cadastrucartografie@gmail.com.
2020-2-29
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
Flight distance : 8665 ft
United States

Why?

I also need this. It’s evidence of time and date of the image. The more automated, the more legally acceptable.
2022-6-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

veryken Posted at 6-24 04:07
I also need this. It’s evidence of time and date of the image. The more automated, the more legally acceptable.

Every image has the capture date and time in the metadata.
There's no need to disfigure your images.
2022-6-24
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-24 05:00
Every image has the capture date and time in the metadata.
There's no need to disfigure your images.

Image files are often transferred and resolution-reduced along the way. Metadata often stripped. You're probably thinking Photography Magazine cover. Sadly, they're not. Just need watermark for obvious readout.
2022-6-29
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

veryken Posted at 6-29 19:25
Image files are often transferred and resolution-reduced along the way. Metadata often stripped. You're probably thinking Photography Magazine cover. Sadly, they're not. Just need watermark for obvious readout.

Image files are often transferred and resolution-reduced along the way. Metadata often stripped.
Every image coming from a DJI camera has  plenty of information in the metadata that's included in the image file.
What someone might do to that file afterwards, is irrelevant to this discussion.

You're probably thinking Photography Magazine cover.
I have no idea what you are thinking of and can't see how it's related to my post.
2022-6-29
Use props
veryken
lvl.2
United States

Labroides Posted at 6-29 22:01
Every image coming from a DJI camera has  plenty of information in the metadata that's included in the image file.
What someone might do to that file afterwards, is irrelevant to this discussion.

You're argumentative, presumptuous and pointless.

I'm just saying automatic date and time would be VERY NICE to have directly on my photos as watermark directly viewable by anybody who gets the photos. Not every photo. Not YOUR photos. Just maybe some of my photos if and when I want them. You seem to have a problem with that.
2022-6-30
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

veryken Posted at 6-30 06:20

I'm just saying automatic date and time would be VERY NICE to have directly on my photos as watermark directly viewable by anybody who gets the photos. Not every photo. Not YOUR photos. Just maybe some of my photos if and when I want them. You seem to have a problem with that.

All I did was to provide simple factual imformation.

You are the one making pointless presumptions and trying to make an argument.
You also seem to be an idiot.
Goodbye.
2022-6-30
Use props
CrescentAI
lvl.1
Flight distance : 368556 ft
United States

Why?

Some contract with county's  and some contractors for construction require Date/Time stamp on each photo and even direction in some cases.
2023-12-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules