New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
44439 513 2018-10-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
windsurfkruzer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 186535 ft
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 10-29 01:24
Well received, I've forwarded to our engineers to analyze. We'll keep you updated on the latest progress.

Hi Susan.
Seems the new DJI Go 4 upgrade for Android V4.3.4 has fixed the Chinese characters under option for the C1/C2 button. Does not appear to have revoked the option for toggle Map/Live View.

Will go for a flight tomorrow to see if any impact to my "Active Track" - "Spotlight" OA issue.

Cheers Andy
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Max Gashkov Posted at 11-11 23:27
Mavic 2 Zoom.

Aircraft is controlled by RC (turns propellers on and off).

Thanks for keeping us updated. We're glad to hear it works now. Wish you have a good time!
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ParideM Posted at 11-12 00:27
Hi Susan, any news about the logs I sent you? I try to fly mavic 2 using RC downstate USB port without problems, i think the problem of disconnection was the lateral port.

I have pushed our engineers and will help you get an update soon.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 11-12 03:56
Hello Susan...

all is solved now. The first time updating only works when using the ASSISTENT v. 2.0.4 on a PC...

Nice to hear it works now. Thanks for sharing your experience with us.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 11-12 23:22
Mine downloaded and transmitted 3 times before completing. Never had that happen before. Hope to get it in the air tomorrow to see if all is good.

Hi Tahoe Flyer, I'm so sorry about this. Could you provide us with the version number of App and DJI Assistant 2, and the screenshot of the mismatched information? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

windsurfkruzer Posted at 11-13 02:04
Hi Susan.
Seems the new DJI Go 4 upgrade for Android V4.3.4 has fixed the Chinese characters under option for the C1/C2 button. Does not appear to have revoked the option for toggle Map/Live View.

Thank you, Andy, please keep us updated on the latest progress.
2018-11-13
Use props
SebaF
lvl.3
Flight distance : 589462 ft
Argentina

Already Updated... Excellent performing!
2018-11-13
Use props
Flaviomjr
lvl.4
Canada

Rob W Posted at 10-11 04:06
So, new firmware updates for P4Pro, Mavic 2. But still no update for the Inspire 2 that have been plagued with serious bugs for half a year!!!! Their so-called Professional flagship product!

I know how you feel Rob,  I had issues with the S900 & S1000 with horizon drift which was never fixed by DJI, we spent over 40k on each setup almost including sensors.    Its ridiculous that they keep releasing these so called professional products and just abandon them after.
2018-11-13
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
Flight distance : 122215 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-13 02:49
Hi Tahoe Flyer, I'm so sorry about this. Could you provide us with the version number of App and DJI Assistant 2, and the screenshot of the mismatched information? We'd like to check the exact status.

I had to use the Mavic Assistant as the Mavic 2 assistant would not download. It is version 1.2.4. I also am not able to complete anything on the DJI Go 4 app. It gives an error message of 0x0000. Will get a screenshot in about an hour.

During flight today it lost elevation of about 3-5 feet while just hovering. It did not do that before the update.

2018-11-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SebaF Posted at 11-13 07:12
Already Updated... Excellent performing!

Glad to hear it works well. Wish you have a good time!
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Flaviomjr Posted at 11-13 13:51
I know how you feel Rob,  I had issues with the S900 & S1000 with horizon drift which was never fixed by DJI, we spent over 40k on each setup almost including sensors.    Its ridiculous that they keep releasing these so called professional products and just abandon them after.

Hi Flaviomjr, we're sorry for the unpleasant experience. May I know what troubles do you encounter when using S900&S1000? You may also write an email to support@dji.com for better assistance, thank you!
2018-11-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 11-13 17:13
I had to use the Mavic Assistant as the Mavic 2 assistant would not download. It is version 1.2.4. I also am not able to complete anything on the DJI Go 4 app. It gives an error message of 0x0000. Will get a screenshot in about an hour.

During flight today it lost elevation of about 3-5 feet while just hovering. It did not do that before the update.

Hi Tahoe, for Mavic 2, it is recommended to download the corresponding DJI Assistant 2 from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads The latest version is v2.0.4, you may check later.
2018-11-14
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-14 01:51
Hi Tahoe, for Mavic 2, it is recommended to download the corresponding DJI Assistant 2 from here: https://www.dji.com/mavic-2/info#downloads The latest version is v2.0.4, you may check later.

Still nothing. It uploads to a different percentage each time and then fails. Also, when I plug in to the computer it says that there is an issue with the drive and needs to be scanned. When scanning, nothing comes up.
2018-11-14
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 11-13 02:49

So I got it to update on the assistant but it still shows this on the app. I even reinstalled the app.

2018-11-14
Use props
windsurfkruzer
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 11-13 02:57
Thank you, Andy, please keep us updated on the latest progress.

Hi Susan.
Managed a quick flight with no fix for the "Temporary Obstacle Avoidance" error when in Active Track  "Spotlight" mode. I guess that will be a Mavic 2 firmware fix.

I did find the setting in C1/C2 button for "Toggle Map/Live" view has changed its name to Switch GS/FPV. All good on that front.

Any idea when new Mavic 2 Zoom/Pro firmware will be released?

Andy
2018-11-14
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202592 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 11-14 12:25
So I got it to update on the assistant but it still shows this on the app. I even reinstalled the app.

[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Did you try on a computer with dji assistant? I was getting same error and worked on my laptop
2018-11-15
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
United States

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-15 11:58
Did you try on a computer with dji assistant? I was getting same error and worked on my laptop

Yes. I even downgraded and tried it again with no luck. Aircraft will upgrade but not the controller.
2018-11-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 11-14 12:25
So I got it to update on the assistant but it still shows this on the app. I even reinstalled the app.

[view_image][view_image][view_image]

Sorry about this. I'm afraid that this cannot be figured out remotely, please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support The designated team will take care once the package arrived.
2018-11-16
Use props
fans483593a8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 79846 ft
France

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 11-15 12:39
Yes. I even downgraded and tried it again with no luck. Aircraft will upgrade but not the controller.

Hi,

I had the exact same issue

I was able to update the Mavic 2 pro using DJI assistant on my computer as it always failed with DJI Go on my Ipad.

I tried connecting only the controller to my Android Phone, and controller update went flawless.

Upgrade Mavic 2 with Windows PC DJI home assistant 2
Upgrade Controller with Android DJI GO 4
Fly with Apple Ipad DJI GO 4

What a mess
2018-11-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

windsurfkruzer Posted at 11-14 20:10
Hi Susan.
Managed a quick flight with no fix for the "Temporary Obstacle Avoidance" error when in Active Track  "Spotlight" mode. I guess that will be a Mavic 2 firmware fix.

Hi Andy, the Temporary Obstacle Avoidance means that the sensors will not work. For the wording, our engineers will optimize in the future to avoid similar confusion.

Also, we have not received any news about the firmware update. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website, thanks for your attention.
2018-11-16
Use props
StormMarc
lvl.2
United States

Lots of problems updating but finally got it done through a windows computer.  Ipad and iphone always "failed to update".  This is a mess..
2018-11-16
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
United States

fans483593a8 Posted at 11-16 00:14
Hi,

I had the exact same issue

Wish I would have seen this before I sent it for repair. Still way too much action just for a supposedly simple update. Oh well. Now I am out a few weeks so guess will have to break out the Mavic again.
2018-11-16
Use props
Bradmax57
lvl.1
Flight distance : 202592 ft
United Kingdom

Tahoe Flyer Posted at 11-15 12:39

I was having the same difficulties, make sure the controller is turned off, connect the controller to pc open dji assistant and then power on the controller, eventually that worked for me
2018-11-18
Use props
Tahoe Flyer
lvl.3
United States

Bradmax57 Posted at 11-18 15:06
I was having the same difficulties, make sure the controller is turned off, connect the controller to pc open dji assistant and then power on the controller, eventually that worked for me

Mine is getting a Core board module and main board replaced apparently so at least I do not feel so bad sending it back.
2018-11-20
Use props
windsurfkruzer
lvl.3
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 11-16 00:18
Hi Andy, the Temporary Obstacle Avoidance means that the sensors will not work. For the wording, our engineers will optimize in the future to avoid similar confusion.

Also, we have not received any news about the firmware update. If there is anything new, we'll release on our website, thanks for your attention.

Hi Susan.
v01.00.02.00 fixes all my concerns, as well as adding some great features.
Would be great if the release notes were more specific, in particular with new features  :-)

Thanks Andy
2018-11-24
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

windsurfkruzer Posted at 11-24 19:49
Hi Susan.
v01.00.02.00 fixes all my concerns, as well as adding some great features.
Would be great if the release notes were more specific, in particular with new features  :-)

Hi Andy, thanks so much for your feedback. We're glad to hear everything works well now.
Your suggestion will be forwarded to the designated team for further review, thank you!
2018-11-26
Use props
djiuser_BOsBAJREtIDk
New
Flight distance : 91699 ft
Netherlands

windsurfkruzer Posted at 10-24 00:10
Hi Susan.
PM sent with YouTube link.

Even in the newest firmware for November I can still not select Toggle Map/Live View for the C2 button in my Mavic 2 Zoom using the latest app on Android for my Oneplus 6.
The option Toggle Map/Live view is not even in the list with values, this will all videos on YouTube for the M2P do show this value as an option for the C2 button.
2018-12-5
Use props
djiuser_BOsBAJREtIDk
New
Flight distance : 91699 ft
Netherlands

djiuser_BOsBAJREtIDk Posted at 12-5 10:01
Even in the newest firmware for November I can still not select Toggle Map/Live View for the C2 button in my Mavic 2 Zoom using the latest app on Android for my Oneplus 6.
The option Toggle Map/Live view is not even in the list with values, this will all videos on YouTube for the M2P do show this value as an option for the C2 button.

Just saw that this setting is renamed in Switch GS/FPV
On the firmware upgrade page in DJI Assistant I cannot read any release notes when I click the icons.
2018-12-5
Use props
viet.trandinhtruc
lvl.4
Vietnam

At this moment, there is no Lense correction profile for Mavic 2 Pro, am I correct ?
How do we deal with barrel distortion with RAW image in PS/LR/Capture One Pro ?
2018-12-6
Use props
fans00bd3594
lvl.2
Flight distance : 83386 ft
United States

Fall colors ended and I have not put much attention into flying. Planning a trip this weekend so decided to update everything (firmware/software/applications). The update went fantastic via wi-fi update. I tired it out "in the house" and found out that you will want to turn off all sensors, lol. If it lets you take off, it will sit paralyzed about 4 feet off the ground. No forward, reverse, no side to side flying and oddly, no up. The only thing I could do was land. Hilarious, lol. After turning off what I thought was all sensors, it let me take off and fly but refused to go above the 4 foot mark...as if the upward senosor was still on. Curious, but I guess it all works like it should. Can't wait to take it outdoors on the Florida vacation and test it all out again.
2018-12-6
Use props
Beaver7959
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302913 ft
United Kingdom

DanielVieira Posted at 10-11 05:05
He is dreaming about 4K60....DJI didnt mention nothing about this....well i want X7 quality on the M2P, its supposed you know!

If they didn’t mention nothing, then they must have mentioned something, or is this just a double negative?
2018-12-8
Use props
Beaver7959
lvl.2
Flight distance : 302913 ft
United Kingdom

jwt-873 Posted at 10-11 06:57
Upgrade went OK for me....    I'm going to like the ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons.   I like to have the vision systems off when cruising at altitude, and then turn the system back on when I fly lower or come in to land.   A simple button push on the controller will make this easier.

Hi,
What is the reason you disable vision systems at altitude?
2018-12-8
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ParideM Posted at 11-12 00:27
Hi Susan, any news about the logs I sent you? I try to fly mavic 2 using RC downstate USB port without problems, i think the problem of disconnection was the lateral port.

Hi ParideM, sorry for keeping you waiting. I've double checked with our engineers, the issue cannot be confirmed remotely for now. For better assistance, you may start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support
2018-12-11
Use props
Mike Mas
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

It's totally amazing - how many years has it been and every single update is either almost impossible to install or does not work properly when installed . . . .

Mike

2018-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules