Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Susan
Administrator

gnirtS Posted at 2018-10-12 02:00
Ive updated and admittedly not flown yet due to a thunder storm but...

Android 4.3.2 and this new firmware.

Hi gnirtS, for the disabled sensors, I'm checking with our engineers and will keep following up. For the obstacle on/off, may  I have a screenshot? We'd like to check the exact status.
2018-10-12
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

No option to bind the OA as far as i can see at all.  Its 4.3.2 *android*.
2018-10-12
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

gnirtS Posted at 2018-10-12 05:32
[view_image]

No option to bind the OA as far as i can see at all.  Its 4.3.2 *android*.

Scroll in the window to the second last entry which is in Chinese on Android.
On iOS that entry is "Enable Visual Obstacle Avoidance".
Select the Chinese entry and you get the same.

I have noticed today that the red circle in the top bar stays red even if OA is on while being on ground.
It turned green once the AC was airborne.
2018-10-12
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13925922 ft
  • >>>
Germany

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-11 20:50
Just did the aircraft and controller update. No update yet for the CS, of course. So, C1, C2 have more options which is cool, but, No Chinese or other for vision system...however, I have a "Undefined" option, I assume that is where the vision option will go when DJI updates CS, a month of so from now as normal.

So flight test seems fine, it is completely dark outside, so I just went straight up to about 30 meters in my back yard, everything seemed normal. UNTIL I tried to land. As it approached the landing pad (about 2 meters), the bottom light came on as normal but drone refused to land. It would drop about 1 inch, then push back up, over and over, as I held the stick in the down position, it would drop about 1 inch, then push back up. So, on a hunch, I turned off the bottom auxiliary light, and presto, it landed normal.

'Undefined' is meant for having no function on that button.
Maybe some people contantly press it by accident ;-)

Regrading the Chinese entry read my post above.
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

FLT Posted at 2018-10-11 07:14
I’m seeing a lot of people say that the vision sensors have now been disabled after the firmware update. Anyone else?

On Android device they appear to be disabled until you take off, iOS devices it works as previously. The Android version still displays the radar distance scale to the obstacle so it could just be a new bug.
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>

ScanDrone Posted at 2018-10-11 11:50
Just went out again to try and all sensors and auto focus works great for me. I have a M2Z, but doubt that will have an impact.

Are using an iOS device I believe the issue only effects Android
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>

henley Posted at 2018-10-11 12:12
It's generally between 80% and 100% as I make sure to stay charged before flying in the hopes it won't draw as much charge from the handset. I'm using a Google Pixel 2 and I'm guessing DJI haven't added as much support for Android as they have for iOS - hopefully that will change!

I now use the Flymore USB Battery dongle to connect to a used Mavic battery (which still has a small amount of charge left after landing), and use that with a USB cable to recharge the handset. I haven't tried yet but I will probably use the USB slot on the bottom of the handset to connect a cable to my phone. that way the handset can charge and my phone will also be connected. Not ideal but it's a workable solution for the time being.

That won't work, as soon as you plug anything into the side 'charging' port, the USB-A socket on the base is disabled.
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>

CanonMax Posted at 2018-10-11 23:26
Indeed I missed this PROMISED waypoint-option as well... how nice would it be when we would hear/read anything about this by a DJI staff member...

Take care & Fly Safe

Looking at the version numbering, I suspect that this is mainly a bug fix/minor update. The Waypoints and 'missing' precision landing may be a bigger task.
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-12 00:39
I didn’t see anything for controller update .

Its there too, update through Assistant.
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-10-12 07:19
Its there too, update through Assistant.

What’s the FW number for controller, mine says up to date
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-12 07:53
What’s the FW number for controller, mine says up to date

It went through the update and now reports V01.00.0100 - 2018-10-11
2018-10-12
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

xagoras Posted at 2018-10-11 12:21
This is off-topic with the thread, but in relevance to your post. Will a powerbank charge the controller?

Yes, a powerbank will bit essentially the fly more pack turns the Mavic batteries in to powerbanks, so no additional battery required to take out with you.
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-10-12 08:28
It went through the update and now reports V01.00.0100 - 2018-10-11

That FW was a month ago.
2018-10-12
Use props
Avellas
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 03:47
So the long awaited and overdue firmware update is here... oh wait, no it isn't.  The long awaited and overdue firmware update was supposed to include Precision Landing, 4K 60, ability to store waypoint misssions, ability to save various camera, gimbil and flight control configurations, etc.  When will the features everyone's been asking for going to be included?

They'll most likely be available in the cold of winter when very few of us can go out an fly and enjoy the new functionalities.

It is ironic that of all of the things that they updated, the one thing that is noted in the manual from day one (i.e., the new Waypoints) did not make it in.   This begs the question if DJI honors their own promises or even listens to their customers!
2018-10-12
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>

Well I reinstalled the update by way of DJI Assistant 2 and like everyone is saying apparently the avoidance system is off until you take off. I guess to save battery power maybe? Wish they would have told us that bit of info. But the Chinese righting in the C1 and C2 buttons well that needs fixing.  But it does work, it turns on and off the AS while in flight.
2018-10-12
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-10-12 07:17
That won't work, as soon as you plug anything into the side 'charging' port, the USB-A socket on the base is disabled.

I tried it, it seems to work. At least, on the smartphone and on the remote control, a charging sign is displayed. Perhaps it depends on the order of connection ...
2018-10-12
Use props
jctarvin
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Soooo, now that I've updated aircraft and controller firmware, when can I expect to see the DJI GO 4 update for my Crystal Sky??? Not much use without it.
2018-10-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 04:52
Hi Marko, we've received some feedback about this and our engineers are trying to reproduce this at our end, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thanks for your attention.

Obstacle avoidance works fine. He didn’t even fly his drone, so he’s going off what he saw immediately after powering it on.  A couple people are spreading BAD & incomplete information.
2018-10-12
Use props
PatrickVC
New

Belgium

After updating the firmware all my avoidance sensors are disabled and stay disabled during flight in all modes...How to fix?? Downgrade?
2018-10-12
Use props
CanonMax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 01:21
Hi Oracle Miata, we have not received any news about the Waypoints 2.0 for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website immediately.

I am sure that you also know, that this is in the manual as a promised feature... thank you...

(Canon)Max
2018-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I have updated today with DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 and it all worked flawlessly. Like others have reported already the update concerns the Mavic 2 (including two Fly Safe Database updates) and the RC with also one Fly Safe Database update, but no update for the batteries. And as equally reported already, all settings need to be checked after the update since many are reset to default, but this is quite normal.
I have had one test flight so far with absolutely flawless flight behavior. Nothing negative to report. I could not yet test most of the new features because the 4.3.2 version of DJI GO 4 is not yet available for my CrystalSky. But it will come soon as usual. Being curious I might do some testing with my tablet tomorrow and/or during the coming days until my CS will be up to date too.
And yes, the firmware update can be reversed, but I don't see any point for doing so.
2018-10-12
Use props
dari_017
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6016004 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sergey Astakhov Posted at 2018-10-12 04:52
Batteries do not seem to be affected by the update, after replacing the battery there is no prompt for re-updating the firmware.

Great thank you , I don't really like putting in all of my batteries if there is no update for them.
2018-10-12
Use props
PatrickVC
New

Belgium

PatrickVC Posted at 2018-10-12 11:15
After updating the firmware all my avoidance sensors are disabled and stay disabled during flight in all modes...How to fix?? Downgrade?

2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
United Kingdom

Hi, Just got my Mavic 2 Zoom today - (Upgrading from a Mavic Pro). I've spent the past 2 hours trying to get it to update. Current status is showing all 4 LED's as RED - a critical error I believe.
These are the steps I went through.
1. Take delivery of M2Zoom - Smile - a lot.
2. Unbox and charge both the controller and the battery
3. Connect iPhone to Controller - load up DJI Go 4.3.3
4. Proceed to update FW as directed.
5. Update completed - Controller and AC both rebooted
and now the fun begins.....
6. RC no longer connected to AC
7. AC shows all LED's Solid Red - RC shows 'Connecting'
8. Can't retry FW update via Go4 as the RC and AC are disconnected
9. Move to PC and install DJI Assistant for Mavic 2 (Latest version from DJI website)
10. Connect AC to PC - DJI Assistant recognises M2Zoom and shows that there is an update available
11. Update FW - fails every time at 75%
12. Still can't connect RC to AC - Relink button on AC does nothing at all
13. Move to Second PC that has never had DJI assistant installed and repeat from step 9.
14. Fail - again.
15. Battery on AC now too low to continue.
16. Go downstairs - plug RC and AC battery in to their respective chargers.
17. Get Beer from fridge, (Corona - as you're asking)
18. Go back to 1st PC and Vent.
19. Contemplate whether I'll trust it in the air after so many FW issues, (if I can get it in the Air)
20. HUGELY hacked off.

Mavic 2 Zoom Update Failed.JPG
2018-10-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

You may have hit the trifecta here... Your remote might be in sport mode or Obstacle Avoidance is off in settings. You also need to takeoff and be in-flight. It also needs to be NOT pitch black wherever you’re flying.
2018-10-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 12:49
Hi, Just got my Mavic 2 Zoom today - (Upgrading from a Mavic Pro). I've spent the past 2 hours trying to get it to update. Current status is showing all 4 LED's as RED - a critical error I believe.
These are the steps I went through.
1. Take delivery of M2Zoom - Smile - a lot.

Try this: turn on the r/c and Mavic (but don’t use or connect your phone). Now connect the r/c to the computer via usb (using side USB port on r/c). Open Assistant 2 on your computer & try to update that way.

So you’re going to be updating both, but THROUGH the R/C. Make sense? Let me know how this fares.
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-12 13:04
Try this: turn on the r/c and Mavic (but don’t use or connect your phone). Now connect the r/c to the computer via usb (using side USB port on r/c). Open Assistant 2 on your computer & try to update that way.

So you’re going to be updating both, but THROUGH the R/C. Make sense? Let me know how this fares.

The AC won't connect to the RC - and doesn't respond to pressing the re-link button. AC shows a red light at each corner

and as we continue...
21. Get 2nd Corona from fridge - Cheers!
22. Battery now charged - goto step 9.
2018-10-12
Use props
PatrickVC
New

Belgium

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-12 13:01
You may have hit the trifecta here... Your remote might be in sport mode or Obstacle Avoidance is off in settings. You also need to takeoff and be in-flight. It also needs to be NOT pitch black wherever you’re flying.

I am in the position mode and in flight (as you can see),  also same result during day time.
2018-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 13:18
The AC won't connect to the RC - and doesn't respond to pressing the re-link button. AC shows a red light at each corner

and as we continue...

I am very sorry for the mishap you are experiencing, certainly no fun! Have you tried to refresh the firmware with DJI Assistant and then do the update again?
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 13:18

and as we continue...

23. FW update (V01.00.0100) now failed at 87% - (I think the beer is helping TBH)
24. Goto step 9
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-10-12 13:26
I am very sorry for the mishap you are experiencing, certainly no fun! Have you tried to refresh the firmware with DJI Assistant and then do the update again?

Thanks for the sympathy - It's appreciated - Back to failure at 75% now. If I cant sort this tonight I'll be organising a return with Amazon before bedtime and sticking with the MP and the Spark - Gutted - this thing is far too expensive to fly if I don't trust it and right now, my faith in the M2Zoom is at 0%

Is there a way to put the original, out of the box FW back on and start again? BTW the RC is showing as at current FW with no issues in Mavic 2 assistant.

25. Goto Step 9 whilst watching awesome videos from my faithful, reliable Spark.
2018-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 13:42
Thanks for the sympathy  - It's appreciated  - Back to failure at 75% now. If I cant sort this tonight I'll be organising a return with Amazon before bedtime and sticking with the MP and the Spark - Gutted  - this thing is far too expensive to fly if I don't trust it and right now, my faith in the M2Zoom is at 0%

Is there a way to put the original, out of the box FW back on and start again? BTW the RC is showing as at current FW with no issues in Mavic 2 assistant.

This is really too bad! Apart from the camera the Mavic 2 Zoom is identical to the Mavic 2 Pro and I did the most recent firmware update today via DJI Assistant without any problems. But your's came right out of the box with two firmware updates behind. This might have caused your problems. I would recommend you to start a separate thread on your case to let the DJI staff in the forum see it immediately and hopefully come up with a solution.
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-10-12 13:53
This is really too bad! Apart from the camera the Mavic 2 Zoom is identical to the Mavic 2 Pro and I did the most recent firmware update today via DJI Assistant without any problems. But your's came right out of the box with two firmware updates behind. This might have caused your problems. I would recommend you to start a separate thread on your case to let the DJI staff in the forum see it immediately and hopefully come up with a solution.

I was kind of hoping a DJI person would chime in - hugely poor experience with the M2zoom - right out of the box - I'm not a noob either - 20 years in IT and I've not seen a new product fail so miserably on arrival.

26. Uninstall everything and goto step 9 - consider getting the third Corona from the fridge.
2018-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 14:01
I was kind of hoping a DJI person would chime in - hugely poor experience with the M2zoom - right out of the box - I'm not a noob either - 20 years in IT and I've not seen a new product fail so miserably on arrival.

26. Uninstall everything and goto step 9 - consider getting the third Corona from the fridge.

You have to keep in mind the time zone difference with China and this here being a mass thread with almost 160 posts on four pages already. Thus your particular issue is not easy to spot for DJI staff, even tomorrow (rather later today) when they are awake again. Thus best start a new thread and draw attention to your particular case.
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-10-12 14:23
You have to keep in mind the time zone difference with China and this here being a mass thread with almost 160 posts on four pages already. Thus your particular issue is not easy to spot for DJI staff, even tomorrow (rather later today) when they are awake again. Thus best start a new thread and draw attention to your particular case.

Good Idea!
27. Start new thread about the utterly miserable experience I'm having with my £1100 Paperweight.
2018-10-12
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

Whats the difference between old and new pano quality?
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_dnRkXM9NvBI1
lvl.2

Malta

Obstacle avoidance will not working anymore after the update. Please be careful.
2018-10-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 14:28
Good Idea!
27. Start new thread about the utterly miserable experience I'm having with my £1100 Paperweight.

Does REFRESH pop up as an option for the older firmware? Or DOWNGRADE? See if you can do those. Fingers crossed lol!
2018-10-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

PPatrickVC Posted at 2018-10-12 13:25
I am in the position mode and in flight (as you can see),  also same result during day time.

Can you go into vision sensor settings and toggle all the settings on/off. Try a quick hover flight. Are you on Android, by chance? Also confirm firmware version by tapping and holding on the 3 bars (top right in DJI GO).
5EB3E63D-64F1-4BD9-8785-A6F42FF88900.jpeg
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-12 16:35
Does REFRESH pop up as an option for the older firmware? Or DOWNGRADE? See if you can do those. Fingers crossed lol!

I tried rolling back and refreshing the FW - exact same result - fails at 75% - AC reboots and update fails. Red lights at all four corners and relink button has no effect
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules