New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 01:02
Hi Rich, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Nice to see everything works fine now. For the request of adding discharge day on the App, I've forwarded to our engineers to see how they respond, thanks!
For the Precision Landing, our engineers have decided to add it for the Mavic 2 after carefully considering customers’ feedback. They are working on it and will be released in a future firmware update. Thanks for your attention.

Thanks Susan

Welcome back from your holiday!  

Rich
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

The red indicators on-screen don’t always light up, but the drone STOPS when it gets close enough. I thought the same as you since everyone is using different devices on here & different results & incomplete testing.
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-15 10:17
Thanks Susan

Less time before discharge is more wear on them, BUT I can see why you’d want it set lower if you travel by aircraft a lot. They hard set it to 10 days since most people set it to that & the app “anonymously sends usage data” to DJI.
2018-10-15
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 10:26
The red indicators on-screen don’t always light up, but the drone STOPS when it gets close enough. I thought the same as you since everyone is using different devices on here & different results & incomplete testing.

After refresh everything work fine
2018-10-15
Use props
djiuser_4QGRDj15wDRz
New

Przemek Kuninie Posted at 2018-10-15 10:50

did you do the refresh with a PC?
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

Przemek Kuninie Posted at 2018-10-15 10:50

Nice! But you still might notice the red side warnings don’t always show up onscreen. However it seems the drone will, in fact, not obey you and stop before hitting something to the side. It definitely waits until it is VERY close, for some reason. That is a concern at higher speeds like quickshots are capable of performing...
2018-10-15
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 03:47
So the long awaited and overdue firmware update is here... oh wait, no it isn't.  The long awaited and overdue firmware update was supposed to include Precision Landing, 4K 60, ability to store waypoint misssions, ability to save various camera, gimbil and flight control configurations, etc.  When will the features everyone's been asking for going to be included?

Where are the features we PAID for is a better question.
2018-10-15
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

djiuser_4QGRDj15wDRz Posted at 2018-10-15 11:01
did you do the refresh with a PC?

Yes, using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2
2018-10-15
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

Still getting the disconnected from network error, but only after updating my remote and not the drone...
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

We *need* the ability to pick a much longer shutter speed in Hyperlapse mode. New FW now only lets you get down to 1/15 second. We need to be able to get down to ¼ second. Hyperlapse mode severely limits this functionality.
2018-10-15
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 11:06
Nice! But you still might notice the red side warnings don’t always show up onscreen. However it seems the drone will, in fact, not obey you and stop before hitting something to the side. It definitely waits until it is VERY close, for some reason. That is a concern at higher speeds like quickshots are capable of performing...

You're right
2018-10-15
Use props
get_uppa
lvl.2

Poland

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-10-15 11:21
Still getting the disconnected from network error, but only after updating my remote and not the drone...

Because... You have to do this by DJI Assistant 2.0.2 by computer .
2018-10-15
Use props
HCL
lvl.2
Germany

I updated my MP2 on saturday with assistent 2.0.2 and the controller with the dji go app on an iPad. Everything worked just fine and no problems with the sensors or settings so far. And in my experience the drone hovers even more stable than before.
2018-10-15
Use props
djiuser_4QGRDj15wDRz
New

Przemek Kuninie Posted at 2018-10-15 11:19
Yes, using DJI Assistant 2 For Mavic v2.0.2

o.k.
maybe I should give it another try..
2018-10-15
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 10:30
Less time before discharge is more wear on them, BUT I can see why you’d want it set lower if you travel by aircraft a lot. They hard set it to 10 days since most people set it to that & the app “anonymously sends usage data” to DJI.

Agree that 10 days is okay.... but because of the lack of options with these batteries, we need to have some control over this feature.  If DJI had some battery management systems (like the battery station for the Inspire 2) then it could be done using an external device.

Rich
2018-10-15
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004383 ft
Ireland

After the firmware is legalized, my dron does not work properly! The indicator lights red and the sensors are on! At each landing, he says there is a bug in the system! Radar counts a meter and he's on the ground! The new option for switching on and off the sensors in the menu is written in Chinese!In the air the radar shows that there are objects and none are there! I'm asking for help! I've restarted the update three times and still the same!
Screenshot_20181015-204122.jpg
Screenshot_20181015-204937.jpg
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
United States

Pavel.Donev Posted at 2018-10-15 20:46
After the firmware is legalized, my dron does not work properly! The indicator lights red and the sensors are on! At each landing, he says there is a bug in the system! Radar counts a meter and he's on the ground! The new option for switching on and off the sensors in the menu is written in Chinese!In the air the radar shows that there are objects and none are there! I'm asking for help! I've restarted the update three times and still the same!

This is a problem with the Android version of DJI GO 4, not firmware. There will be a fix within maybe 2 weeks; going off the past. If you had an iOS device, your exact same drone would be fine.

The Chinese writing is DJI’s attempt at getting people to learn Chinese gradually. The goggles were always in Chinese, so that was the test bed.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Tomasz Kierepka Posted at 2018-10-15 06:51
Ok. I installed a new Windows 10 and downloaded Assistant 2. It turns out that under Win 10 there is still the option Restore factory settings, which I do not have in Win 7. After clicking nothing changed, the above mentioned errors except the camera - normally sharpens. After starting Mavic again, OA started working after take of and it worked properly even during the flight. During the landing, an OA error pops up. I have everything recorded, but I need a moment to share it. I noticed that after a flight of about 10 minutes, the front engines have (on the touch) a temperature of about 45C, and the rear about 30C. From what I associate, before the update they had more or less similar temperatures. I did not check anything else because I had little battery. Some messages about the controller's rods have already popped up and I have never had one. I need to delve deeper into the topic.

Thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the version of the DJI Assistant 2 do you use? Please kindly provide us with the version number, the OA errors or the video, we'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks so much!
2018-10-15
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

You want to tell me that I bought a dron for 1600 / euro and now I have to get my iphone so I can use it and study Chinese.This is wonderful!
2018-10-15
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

Andrew's app worked normally before the firmware update!
2018-10-15
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

The Android app was working normally before the firmware update!
2018-10-15
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 21:11
This is a problem with the Android version of DJI GO 4, not firmware. There will be a fix within maybe 2 weeks; going off the past. If you had an iOS device, your exact same drone would be fine.

The Chinese writing is DJI’s attempt at getting people to learn Chinese gradually. The goggles were always in Chinese, so that was the test bed.

The Android app was working normally before the firmware update!
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanscb6385d2 Posted at 2018-10-15 02:54
The update worked fine for me... The bird is still flying,  but where are:

- 4K FOV (still only resolving 2,7K)

Hi there, Mavic 2 Pro uses a different processor than P4P and has two 4K modes, as stated on the product page, which are FOV mode and HQ mode. FOV mode has a wider view but fewer details than HQ mode. FOV mode's image processing requires raw subsampling, which scales 5.5K raw into 4K raw before feeding it to the image processing pipeline. Raw subsampling is different from line skipping; it uses the full area (of the 16:9 portion) of the image sensor so the signal-noise-ratio is much better than line skipping.
Raw subsampling is also different from pixel binning. It is an optimized filtering & sampling process which is much more advanced than the simple average mechanism of pixel binning. Raw subsampling causes some loss in the finest details.
However, this is not as visible in real scenes (like aerial filming) as it is on charts.
DJI looked into many solutions for implementing FOV and found that the current FOV mode is the best compromise for the Mavic 2 hardware.
Please remember the Mavic 2 is an extremely complex and compact piece of hardware. The current solution represents the best possible way to enable filming using the full 1” sensor wide angle area FOV on the Mavic 2 hardware.
For the manual settings of battery discharge, this has been removed due to the fact that when the battery capacity of the Mavic 2 is more than 70%, the self-discharge protection will be automatically turned on after 10 days of no operation. Our engineers have fully tested this feature, please feel free to use it.
BTW, our engineers are working on the Waypoint function and Precision landing. We'll release as soon as they are ready, thanks for your patience.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jose C. Borrero Posted at 2018-10-15 04:18
Thanks Susan,
After another restart all sensors came again. Thanks and sorry for this early call.

That's great. Glad to hear everything works well now. Wish you have a good time!
2018-10-15
Use props
get_uppa
lvl.2

Poland

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 22:18
Thanks for getting back to us. May I know what's the version of the DJI Assistant 2 do you use? Please kindly provide us with the version number, the OA errors or the video, we'll forward to our engineers to check the exact status, thanks so much!

Fresh download from DJI site, Assistant v 2.0.2 Other users haven't this option, an some have. I have on Win 10, but on Win 7 not. video very soon. In hour i think
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rutacrew Posted at 2018-10-15 08:43
So many people have problems with sensors with a camera with a range.How long we have to wait for some improved firmware? There were no problems before this update.

Hi rutacrew, may I have more details about the troubles you encountered with the current firmware? We'd like to check the exact status and keep optimizing the experience.
2018-10-15
Use props
rutacrew
lvl.3
Flight distance : 335413 ft
United Kingdom

Susan We have 271 comments on this topic, half of them refer to the problems I mentioned. Do I have to explain more ?? If it's an Android problem, fix it because I can not fly safely.
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Mavic57pro2 Posted at 2018-10-15 09:09
Has anyone confirmed they corrected the photos in the IMU calibration for Android ?

Hi Mavic57pro2, the wrong icon in Android device has been fixed in Android V4.3.2, please kindly update to this version and see whether it works.
2018-10-15
Use props
get_uppa
lvl.2

Poland

Hey, Susan. Video. Do you need somethink else?
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

get_uppa Posted at 2018-10-16 00:09
https://youtu.be/h9EIgGu-1E4

And in my dron is the same way after upgrading the firmware! The Android app was updated beforehand, and there was no problem with the old firmware!
2018-10-16
Use props
get_uppa
lvl.2

Poland

Pavel.Donev Posted at 2018-10-16 00:52
And in my dron is the same way after upgrading the firmware! The Android app was updated beforehand, and there was no problem with the old firmware!

Yup, i made downgrade only AC and wasn't problem. It's not App problem...
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RichJ53 Posted at 2018-10-15 10:17
Thanks Susan

Thank you! I just got an update from our engineers that the discharge feature timeframe has been removed due to the fact that when the battery capacity of the Mavic 2 is more than 70%, the self-discharge protection will be automatically turned on after 10 days of no operation. Our engineers have fully tested this feature, please feel free to use it. Appreciate your understanding.
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

get_uppa Posted at 2018-10-16 02:24
Yup, i made downgrade only AC and wasn't problem. It's not App problem...

The controller's firmware is not compatible with the Android app. Who Crazy has released an app before updating the controller! Right now, let's not fly before solving the problem! DJIs said to wait for 14 days or buy iphone!
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

SkinJob2501 Posted at 2018-10-15 11:21
Still getting the disconnected from network error, but only after updating my remote and not the drone...

Hi SkinJob2501, may I know what's the current status? If the network error persists, you may try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 to check whether it helps.
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-16 02:50
Hi SkinJob2501, may I know what's the current status? If the network error persists, you may try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 to check whether it helps.

If your phone's operating system is an Android, do not update the controller and return the plane to the old firmware! Otherwise, you will wait for an app to be upgraded so you can fly without any errors!
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

get_uppa Posted at 2018-10-16 00:09
https://youtu.be/h9EIgGu-1E4

Well received, thanks so much! I've forwarded to our engineers to check. If there is an update, we'll come back at the first time.
2018-10-16
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Pavel.Donev Posted at 2018-10-15 20:46
After the firmware is legalized, my dron does not work properly! The indicator lights red and the sensors are on! At each landing, he says there is a bug in the system! Radar counts a meter and he's on the ground! The new option for switching on and off the sensors in the menu is written in Chinese!In the air the radar shows that there are objects and none are there! I'm asking for help! I've restarted the update three times and still the same!

Hi Pavel.Donev, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding the sensors, they may not work well during the night, please kindly test in the daylight in an open field and keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks! For the Chinese language, this has been forwarded to our engineers to check. Hope for your understanding.
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-16 03:23
Hi Pavel.Donev, we're sorry for the inconvenience caused. Regarding the sensors, they may not work well during the night, please kindly test in the daylight in an open field and keep us posted on the latest progress, thanks! For the Chinese language, this has been forwarded to our engineers to check. Hope for your understanding.

The sensors do not work and light! The screen shows that they are off! Check out the video I uploaded! The landing error is more difficult! Appears every time!
2018-10-16
Use props
BumblerBee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 639764 ft
Norway

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 09:44
They’ve stated many times that precision landing and waypoints 2.0 are coming. This will be welcomed, as it really is necessary. Hand flying it straight down doesn’t always get you STRAIGHT DOWN hahaha. The first Mavic was much more stable and precise in a descent straight down; transitioning into a landing.

Hopefully they add lateral OA in POI.

Thank you for the detailed reply regarding colour rendition on M2P. One less thing to worry about when I buy it
2018-10-16
Use props
kkent
lvl.1
Russia

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 11:23
We *need* the ability to pick a much longer shutter speed in Hyperlapse mode. New FW now only lets you get down to 1/15 second. We need to be able to get down to ¼ second. Hyperlapse mode severely limits this functionality.

Totally agree. Used to overcome it before by setting shutter in photo mode and then entering HL mode, but now even this was 'fixed'. There was  ability to shoot wonderful night hyperlapses, and now it just gone.
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules