New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rcstyle.shop
lvl.2
Flight distance : 407 ft
  • >>>
China

Thanks for the info!  
2018-10-16
Use props
bjr981s
lvl.4
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-14 23:15
Sorry to read the crash. Please kindly start a case and send it in for diagnosis: https://www.dji.com/support If the unit is under warranty period, we'll arrange data analysis and offer you a proper solution.

Hi Susan,

You may want to tell these people that complain about obstacle avoidance and show pitch black camera images that the vision system is optical not radar or Infrared and does not work of a night.

Cheers Brian

p.s. Also for those that have not flown a drone with rear sensors, that standing up behind the drone on takeoff and being within the vision sensor range will generate a proximity warning.

2018-10-16
Use props
SkinJob2501
lvl.3

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-16 02:50
Hi SkinJob2501, may I know what's the current status? If the network error persists, you may try to connect with DJI Assistant 2 to check whether it helps.

I ended up using the desktop app....GTG
2018-10-16
Use props
RGMGFitness
Second Officer
Flight distance : 233757 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just a reminder to folks regarding the 4th item in this announcement;  "Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for QuickShots sub-modes of Circle, Helix, and Boomerang.".  Unless DJI is changing their position on this you still want to be careful using the lateral vision systems.

Also, DJI ADMIN...maybe pass along that the user manual needs to be updated as well (perhaps someone's already working on that).

Cut/Paste from current user manual:
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004383 ft
Ireland

Restore the old firmware and everything works! I hope to soon be updating an app for Android and use the new features of the new firmware!
2018-10-16
Use props
fredbotton75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1832001 ft
  • >>>
France

DJI Susan, would you give me some details about the Remote ID stuff introduced with this firmware? Is it related to AeroScope? To national regulations? What changes with previous remote information sent over the air?
2018-10-16
Use props
HummerGuy Mavic 2 Pro
New
Flight distance : 248488 ft
Singapore

Updated the new Oct 2018 FW on my Mavic 2 pro using DJI Assistant via a PC a week ago.

Some issues after the FW update.

On ground, Obstacles Avoidance (OA) is Red on all sides and does not work.

Once take off, SOMETIMES it works and the front and rear OA turns green. But SOMETIMES it doesn't work! OA remains Red throughout the flight. Tried to turn on in midair, tried tripod mode, GPS mode, Sports mode and back to GPS mode, the icon remains Red. Even if i land and take off again, it remains red.

But somehow, suddenly on a flight the next day, OA works after take off... then some days doesnt work again.

And one other issue with Mavic 2 Pro is the C1 switch to control the bottom lights. I know when i customised it to switch on using C1, it goes through "ON, OFF, AUTO" but sometimes no matter how many times i press the C1, the bottom light doent switch On.... got to go into the app and then switch on from there.
2018-10-16
Use props
RichJ53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-16 02:43
Thank you! I just got an update from our engineers that the discharge feature timeframe has been removed due to the fact that when the battery capacity of the Mavic 2 is more than 70%, the self-discharge protection will be automatically turned on after 10 days of no operation. Our engineers have fully tested this feature, please feel free to use it. Appreciate your understanding.

Hi Susan
Thank you for asking and giving us this information. I guess, I would request that your engineers reconsider this option. The Mavic series are smaller portable drones which means you travel with many batteries. We need the ability to discharge the packs sometimes before 10 days....   Please reach out again and see if we could have this option reinstalled.

Thanks again
Rich
2018-10-16
Use props
dv8ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 360322 ft
  • >>>
United States

Previous firmware and latest firmware still getting this incorrect image on Android 4.3.2 shouldn't it say OA disabled like iOS? It's when I switch from P to Sport mode.

VideoCapture_20181009-204919.jpg
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

The interesting thing is when we can use the new firmware with Android devices! This is a Discrimination of People Using Android Operating System!
2018-10-16
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Bulgaria

dv8ed Posted at 2018-10-16 20:23
Previous firmware and latest firmware still getting this incorrect image on Android 4.3.2 shouldn't it say OA disabled like iOS? It's when I switch from P to Sport mode.

This is normal ! The manual says that the systems do not work in sports mode!
2018-10-16
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

I don't know what actually DJI engineering dept doing, every times come out with new firmware have not tested properly and just release to public and we are the one to update/test/crashed/error....etc then report on the forum.

Do DJI really think of us, we spend so much money is not for tester, we need proper firmware/hardware/software....etc.

Please consider what we spending.
2018-10-17
Use props
PaladinX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 277316 ft
United Kingdom

My firmware update only worked with assistant 2, due to the network error issues. Still all seems well and I'm actually pleased DJI are taking their time with updates and making sure they stable before adding too many features. This is a fantastic bit of kit and in a years time it will be even better with more features. Software development just takes a long time and the incremental approach is best. Well done DJI just keep up the good work!
2018-10-17
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1478350 ft
United Kingdom

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-10-17 00:18
I don't know what actually DJI engineering dept doing, every times come out with new firmware have not tested properly and just release to public and we are the one to update/test/crashed/error....etc then report on the forum.

Do DJI really think of us, we spend so much money is not for tester, we need proper firmware/hardware/software....etc.

This is so true... Even it's a programmer team of 3 people, would be easy, and it doesn't even take a day long to have a proper testing. Why is it this hard? Firmwares can arrive a day later, or 2, after correcting the errors. I'm sure it's still better than paying postage for the bricked birds, and for the other faulty birds...

So don't understand it... Telling this everything as a programmer... If we would give away work like this, we were fired after 2 wks...
2018-10-17
Use props
Akossss
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1478350 ft
United Kingdom

The only thing I don't understand, why no one can upgrade using the app? Okay, Mavic 2 arrived with pre-released fw-s, that had upgrade issue, I accept it. But there was an upgrade since that, even the app has new version number, but still nobody could do fw upgrade through the app. Why? This feature work in every other model, but here...

Apart from this, upgrade was successful using the Assistant, sensors are okay, everything seems to be okay (2 test flights so far)...

Is that normal behaving if the lateral sensors stop the bird just before the obstacle? I mean the sensors are about 30cm close to the obstacle, so the props were about 5-10 cm in front of my face. This was in tripod mode, so the aircraft was slow enough to stop, but what about other modes, when it should fly faster? Will it stop? Others are okay, they stop her in time (1-2m), but the side ones make my worry about it...
2018-10-17
Use props
daishi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1106325 ft
  • >>>

Akossss Posted at 2018-10-17 01:56
The only thing I don't understand, why no one can upgrade using the app? Okay, Mavic 2 arrived with pre-released fw-s, that had upgrade issue, I accept it. But there was an upgrade since that, even the app has new version number, but still nobody could do fw upgrade through the app. Why? This feature work in every other model, but here...

Apart from this, upgrade was successful using the Assistant, sensors are okay, everything seems to be okay (2 test flights so far)...

I had no problem updating with the app...
2018-10-17
Use props
fanscb6385d2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 281283 ft
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-15 22:44
Hi there, Mavic 2 Pro uses a different processor than P4P and has two 4K modes, as stated on the product page, which are FOV mode and HQ mode. FOV mode has a wider view but fewer details than HQ mode. FOV mode's image processing requires raw subsampling, which scales 5.5K raw into 4K raw before feeding it to the image processing pipeline. Raw subsampling is different from line skipping; it uses the full area (of the 16:9 portion) of the image sensor so the signal-noise-ratio is much better than line skipping.
Raw subsampling is also different from pixel binning. It is an optimized filtering & sampling process which is much more advanced than the simple average mechanism of pixel binning. Raw subsampling causes some loss in the finest details.
However, this is not as visible in real scenes (like aerial filming) as it is on charts.

Susan, thanks for your reply.

But if this FOV "4K" with 2.7K quality, is the best DJI can get out of the sensor, due to hardware limitations, why call it 4K?

And please, before you challenge the "2,7K quality" do the test yourself. Use upscaled 2.7K footage and compare it to 4K FOV footage and check for a difference.

As to the precision landing / waypoint function, do you have a timeline on that?

Thanks and best regards
2018-10-17
Use props
Peo93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296007 ft
Denmark

Anunaki Posted at 2018-10-14 03:02
Yes my vision sensors have been disabled with the latest firmware.

I Crashed my M2P just 3 hours ago.. No warning about any object flying sideways into a apartment building at 38 km/h ... arm, camera and battery broken..
2018-10-17
Use props
Peo93
lvl.1
Denmark

I Just upgraded the firmware on both my Mavic 2 Pro and the controller.. I flew under the best conditions possible.. no wind no clouds.. while focusing on getting the shot I hit a huge apartment building and my M2P fell 30 feet and shattered to pieces .. I didn't get any warning from obstacle avoidance or nothing to let me know that there was a building coming.. I see many people having issues after the firmware update.
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_JlVV3NvBTr3T
lvl.2

Greece

Peo93 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:50
I Just upgraded the firmware on both my Mavic 2 Pro and the controller.. I flew under the best conditions possible.. no wind no clouds.. while focusing on getting the shot I hit a huge apartment building and my M2P fell 30 feet and shattered to pieces .. I didn't get any warning from obstacle avoidance or nothing to let me know that there was a building coming.. I see many people having issues after the firmware update.

in which flight mode were you flying when the crash happened?
2018-10-17
Use props
ChristWolves
lvl.1

I have two comments for the new firmware update on Android 4.3.2:
1. Transmitted image on the screen appears to be having dreamy effect
2. Obstacle avoidance system is totally failed, I.e. NO avoidance in all directions of the flight.

You can see the two problems from the attached screenshot.

DJI please fix it before my holiday over the weekend.

Downgrading my Mavic 2 Pro to V01.00.00.00 to avoid any mishaps and just to be safe.

Thank you.
Screenshot_20181017-220822.jpg
2018-10-17
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 803868 ft

Przemek Kuninie Posted at 2018-10-15 10:50
After refresh everything work fine

In what consists of the refresh procedure? How to perform it?
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_4QGRDj15wDRz
New

Fre Mo Posted at 2018-10-17 08:57

Which System? Android or iOS?
2018-10-17
Use props
Brentjuh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115728 ft
Netherlands

Yes i got the same issue with m2p. No OA if m2p is on the ground. And if i go fly then sensors will be working again, but i dont trust it so i kept my m2p nearby.
2018-10-17
Use props
Peo93
lvl.1
Denmark

djiuser_JlVV3NvBTr3T Posted at 2018-10-17 07:58
in which flight mode were you flying when the crash happened?

I flew in "p" position mode
2018-10-17
Use props
Przemek Kuninie
lvl.2
Ireland

Fre Mo Posted at 2018-10-17 08:57

2018-10-17
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

ChristWolves Posted at 2018-10-17 08:23
I have two comments for the new firmware update on Android 4.3.2:
1. Transmitted image on the screen appears to be having dreamy effect
2. Obstacle avoidance system is totally failed, I.e. NO avoidance in all directions of the flight.

Obstacle avoidance system works very well and please read the manual to understand that OA works only at the daylight.
2018-10-17
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Peo93 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:50
I Just upgraded the firmware on both my Mavic 2 Pro and the controller.. I flew under the best conditions possible.. no wind no clouds.. while focusing on getting the shot I hit a huge apartment building and my M2P fell 30 feet and shattered to pieces .. I didn't get any warning from obstacle avoidance or nothing to let me know that there was a building coming.. I see many people having issues after the firmware update.

Why you think that the problem is firmware? What if building is with some reflex material? Glass for example?
2018-10-17
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Peo93 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:45
I Crashed my M2P just 3 hours ago.. No warning about any object flying sideways into a apartment building at 38 km/h ... arm, camera and battery broken..

What was the flight mode when this happened? Side sensors works only on some of the intelligent flight modes. You have an icon that shows which sensors is working in-flight depending on the mode you choose. It's a good idea to check the flight log and see.
2018-10-17
Use props
Huckster6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 582231 ft
Poland

I've updated the software to v01.00.01.00. What I noticed is:
  • Vision System problems - that IS true - forward and rear sensors work - side ones don't - the icon is green from top/bottom, and red on the sides
  • Battery level different info  - I was flying back with low battery (<25%) and when I was landing the RC showed 11%, and tablet was showing 25% still - after a while it "clicked" to the same level as RC (11%)
  • Ground level (mind that I DID NOT calibrate the compass - maybe that's the reason) - when flying 2-3m above the ground I got the info that I was at -1m
Everything else was fine! Here are some examples

statek.jpg
sea.jpg
statek2.jpg
2018-10-17
Use props
Huckster6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 582231 ft
Poland

I've updated the software to v01.00.01.00. What I noticed is:
  • Vision System problems - that IS true - forward and rear sensors work - side ones don't - the icon is green from top/bottom, and red on the sides
  • Battery level different info  - I was flying back with low battery (<25%) and when I was landing the RC showed 11%, and tablet was showing 25% still - after a while it "clicked" to the same level as RC (11%)
  • Ground level (mind that I DID NOT calibrate the compass - maybe that's the reason) - when flying 2-3m above the ground I got the info that I was at -1m
Everything else was fine! Here are some examples

2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_4ANqNDcjNn7J
lvl.2

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-15 11:23
We *need* the ability to pick a much longer shutter speed in Hyperlapse mode. New FW now only lets you get down to 1/15 second. We need to be able to get down to ¼ second. Hyperlapse mode severely limits this functionality.

I am on the latest firmware and DJi Go on Iphone. Did a hyperlapse in waypoint mode yesterday and could choose more than a second shutterspeed without any issues...
2018-10-17
Use props
Peo93
lvl.1
Denmark

Vendex Posted at 2018-10-17 10:29
Why you think that the problem is firmware? What if building is with some reflex material? Glass for example?

Well Im speculating it being the firmware as I didn't get any warnings before hitting the wall.. I flew fairly fast (about 33-38km/h) sideways in Position mode.. so though it may haven't stopped it from crashing.. I just wonder why I didn't get any beeping or warning from the avoidance system at the building was a huge apartment building with brick walls and regular windows.. I hit the bricks.
2018-10-17
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
France

I'm on IOS, but reading this topic it seams that refresh is availaible only on PC?
2018-10-17
Use props
Fre Mo
lvl.4
France

Ok thank you.
What actually does the refresh procedure? it clears all settings?
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_JlVV3NvBTr3T
lvl.2

Greece

Peo93 Posted at 2018-10-17 22:06
Well Im speculating it being the firmware as I didn't get any warnings before hitting the wall.. I flew fairly fast (about 33-38km/h) sideways in Position mode.. so though it may haven't stopped it from crashing.. I just wonder why I didn't get any beeping or warning from the avoidance system at the building was a huge apartment building with brick walls and regular windows.. I hit the bricks.

The sideway sensors (or lateral based on the terminology used by DJI in the manual) are only working in specific intelligent flying modes.

If you were using the drone in mode P as you mentioned before, then it is normal that side way sensors were not protecting your drone. Friendly advice is to have a look at the manual in order to get a better understanding  of how the sensors work.
2018-10-18
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Normally I tend to use my own sensors and see the Mavics as a fallback solution if anything fails. I would never rely on it.
2018-10-18
Use props
get_uppa
lvl.2

Poland

DJI has been silent for two days. No information, nothing happens. It looks like we were left alone with the problem. Whatever it is, I do not think it takes more than one week to fix problems. Even if it is a bigger problem, one should focus on one problem, eliminate it, release the update and solve another problem. We are now experimental rats. "Show film and logs are our technicians will check." Buy an Android phone and check it out yourself. ;) The update made me worry about the safety of flying, and that I can break down the drone, which would be the smallest problem, because you can hurt others. I am asking DJI for decisive actions, such as the recommendation of a downgrade firmware (it does not guarantee the drone's top efficiency) or anything other than taking water into your mouth.
2018-10-18
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Ireland

https://youtu.be/yYIQcENpNN8
So the sensors worked before firmware was upgraded.
https://youtu.be/ptQ-FzcLMik
The second video is from the same day after another fumigation update! It is clear that the sensors are included but when they take off they do not work!
Screenshot_20181015-204122.jpg
2018-10-18
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rutacrew Posted at 2018-10-15 23:31
Susan We have 271 comments on this topic, half of them refer to the problems I mentioned. Do I have to explain more ?? If it's an Android problem, fix it because I can not fly safely.

Thanks for getting back to us. As discussed in this post, there might be some confusion or misunderstanding after updating the firmware. For the Android problem, do you refer to the internet error? If you have the same troubles, please kindly provide the mobile type, mobile OS, App version and corresponding upgrade log(dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all), we'll collect and forward to our engineers to check the exact status. Again, we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules