New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

Just did the aircraft and controller update. No update yet for the CS, of course. So, C1, C2 have more options which is cool, but, No Chinese or other for vision system...however, I have a "Undefined" option, I assume that is where the vision option will go when DJI updates CS, a month of so from now as normal.

So flight test seems fine, it is completely dark outside, so I just went straight up to about 30 meters in my back yard, everything seemed normal. UNTIL I tried to land. As it approached the landing pad (about 2 meters), the bottom light came on as normal but drone refused to land. It would drop about 1 inch, then push back up, over and over, as I held the stick in the down position, it would drop about 1 inch, then push back up. So, on a hunch, I turned off the bottom auxiliary light, and presto, it landed normal.

This is normal ops for me, I fly a lot in my back yard after dark, it has never done this before. Weird.
2018-10-11
Use props
Chumley
lvl.3
Flight distance : 480774 ft
Australia

I think there's always been an "undefined" option for C1/C2 which simply means they do nothing.

For landing, I normally turn off the landing (obstruction) check option so I can hand catch. I noticed during the update it turned back on by default. Perhaps that is causing your strange landing behaviour.
2018-10-11
Use props
tictactoe
New

When I will able to connect my website with forum.
2018-10-11
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8953215 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Indeed I missed this PROMISED waypoint-option as well... how nice would it be when we would hear/read anything about this by a DJI staff member...

Take care & Fly Safe

(Canon)Max
2018-10-11
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

jwt-873 Posted at 2018-10-11 06:57
Upgrade went OK for me....    I'm going to like the ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons.   I like to have the vision systems off when cruising at altitude, and then turn the system back on when I fly lower or come in to land.   A simple button push on the controller will make this easier.

A great possibility and to be used as described by the poster... At the moment a lot of (even tiny) insects do make my aircraft stop in the air at times Good that it works... but safety first!

Take Care & Fly Safe

(Canon)Max
2018-10-11
Use props
CanonMax
Second Officer
  • >>>
Netherlands

Crayo Posted at 2018-10-11 12:21
Now that we've received this fine Mavic 2 firmware for things didn't even realize needing, maybe the next one will bring us the features we've been really waiting for.

For me the list is short:

Realistic list... would you mind to add this PROMISED Waypoint option ?
How nice would it be if DJI also reads this

Take care & Fly safe,

(Canon)Max
2018-10-11
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 03:47
So the long awaited and overdue firmware update is here... oh wait, no it isn't.  The long awaited and overdue firmware update was supposed to include Precision Landing, 4K 60, ability to store waypoint misssions, ability to save various camera, gimbil and flight control configurations, etc.  When will the features everyone's been asking for going to be included?

Don't know what you expected, but i see its your first DJI product - you have to wait for these features. (also 4k60 will never come lol).

My M2P saves every setting ive made and has it still set in another new flight.
2018-10-12
Use props
rarevfx_official
lvl.4
Flight distance : 387562 ft
Germany

think he misread it, you can disable them with a custom button but theyre not disabled by default
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dmitryx Posted at 2018-10-10 23:03
Via dji go 4: network disconnected. Tried like 10 times, no luck.
Via assistant 2: says upgraded, going back to the "firmware update" shows v1 as current.
=/

Hi dmitryx, if you upgrade the drone via DJI Assistant 2, please make sure the firmware update is finished, then restart to check the version number in About page. If the issue persists, please kindly upload the screenshots for better assistance, thanks so much!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

arthurbikemad Posted at 2018-10-10 23:50
New user here so Hi to all..

DJI, what is with the network disconnects updating via the app??  Seems the net is full of reports of the same error, annoying when out to be unable to update via smartphone link!!!!

Sir, it is recommended to update the firmware via DJI Assistant 2. If the issue persists both on DJI GO 4 and DJI Assistant 2, please kindly provide us with the mobile type and upgrade log, we'd like to check the exact status, thanks so much!  

Assistant 2(Windows) C: /Users/XXXXXX/AppData/Roaming/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
Assistant 2(MAC): ~/Library/Application Support/DJI Assistant 2/upgrade_log
APP(IOS): Click the DJI logo on the left upper corner more than 10 times, you will see the log and copy it to us
APP(Android): dji/dji.go.v4/log/cache/up_new_all
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-11 20:50
Just did the aircraft and controller update. No update yet for the CS, of course. So, C1, C2 have more options which is cool, but, No Chinese or other for vision system...however, I have a "Undefined" option, I assume that is where the vision option will go when DJI updates CS, a month of so from now as normal.

So flight test seems fine, it is completely dark outside, so I just went straight up to about 30 meters in my back yard, everything seemed normal. UNTIL I tried to land. As it approached the landing pad (about 2 meters), the bottom light came on as normal but drone refused to land. It would drop about 1 inch, then push back up, over and over, as I held the stick in the down position, it would drop about 1 inch, then push back up. So, on a hunch, I turned off the bottom auxiliary light, and presto, it landed normal.

I didn’t see anything for controller update .
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fanse5394b5d Posted at 2018-10-11 02:48
Any sign of the precision RTH?

Our engineers are still working on the precision landing. We'll release on our website as soon as it is ready. Appreciate your support and patience.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

trica de Posted at 2018-10-11 00:53
https://forum.dji.com/thread-163827-1-1.html

Mavic 2 Pro no video preview in H265

Hi trica de, I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163827-1-1.html We'll keep following up and update for you there, thanks!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi Oracle Miata, we have not received any news about the Waypoints 2.0 for now. If there is an update, we'll release on our website immediately.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Rob W Posted at 2018-10-11 04:06
So, new firmware updates for P4Pro, Mavic 2. But still no update for the Inspire 2 that have been plagued with serious bugs for half a year!!!! Their so-called Professional flagship product!

Hi Rob, sorry for keeping you waiting. We have not got the estimated schedule for now. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-10-11 06:53
What about CrystalSky DJI Go app?

Hello Nelson, the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 App for CrystalSky is the customized version and supports to upgrade separately. The V4.3.0 for CrystalSky has been released and compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. May I know what troubles do you encounter with the current App? More details are appreciated.
2018-10-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Ive updated and admittedly not flown yet due to a thunder storm but...

Android 4.3.2 and this new firmware.

In DJI go the sensor status across the top shows red and obstacle avoidance is "disabled" looking in menu.  Despite all the switches for it being ON and the radar strips showing accurate distances.  Is this normal?

Also i see no place at all to map obstacle on/off to C1 or C2 - it simply doesn't appear in the options.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FLT Posted at 2018-10-11 07:14
I’m seeing a lot of people say that the vision sensors have now been disabled after the firmware update. Anyone else?

Hi FLT, just to verify, do you have the same issue after updating to the latest firmware? If yes, please kindly check whether the firmware update is successful, and provide us with a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-10-12
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 01:26
Hi Rob, sorry for keeping you waiting. We have not got the estimated schedule for now. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website at the first time.

Why are DJI treating your Professional line of drones so much worse than the consumer line? It is truly embarrassing for DJI as a company, and a slap in the face for your customers.
2018-10-12
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 01:17
Hi trica de, I've read your post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-163827-1-1.html We'll keep following up and update for you there, thanks!

Many Thanks !
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_FjWdU3LLyxPH Posted at 2018-10-11 08:42
Hi, After I update new firmware then I cannot see radar display on DJI Go 4 App screen. I tried to turn on and off in setting, but still not display. Could you please?

Hi there, just to verify, the firmware update is successful, right? If yes, please kindly upload a short screen recording of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.
2018-10-12
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 02:10
Hi FLT, just to verify, do you have the same issue after updating to the latest firmware? If yes, please kindly check whether the firmware update is successful, and provide us with a short video of your operation, we'd like to check the exact status.

DJI Susan, update went fine. It says firmware is  01.00.01.00 and Go 4 is 4.3.2 android.
But all sensors disabled even if I turn all sensors of and on again still disabled. I took a short flight still disabled.  In the C1 and C2  button options there a some Chinese righting.
I've read that downgrading doesn't fix things. What are our options?
Thanks
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djimunichzefix Posted at 2018-10-11 10:32
IS there a chance to get the intelligent flight Mode "Course Lock" into the Mavic 2 Pro ? was my favourite mode with my phantom 4

Thanks for heading up. We have not got any news about this for now. Should there is an update, we'll release on our website. Appreciate your support and attention.
2018-10-12
Use props
gnirtS
First Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

OK ive done a flight and the app behaviour has changed which isnt documented.  It only shows sensors going green and in use after takeoff NOT on the ground so unless flying it appears sensors are off and cannot be turned on.

Despite running Android 4.3.2 i do NOT have any method to turn OA on and off via a C1 or C2 button.  It doesnt list as an option.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2018-10-11 10:20
I agree, the System is pretty dam stable already, but i guess there is always room for improvement? hope soon they have  something more along the lines of: "Added capacity to auto fix horizon issues on D-Log and HLG modes" or "Added support to utilize full sensor readout on photos and video"

Hope it is on their TO DO list

Hi FlyingFish82, for the horizon issues on D-log and HLG modes, please kindly find it in the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180920/Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual_v1.2.pdf
For the sensors, we'll release on our website if more news is available, thanks for your attention.
Video Distortion Correction.png
2018-10-12
Use props
MichealMedia
lvl.4
Flight distance : 179026 ft

henley Posted at 2018-10-11 10:49
I was hoping for a much larger update, it seems this is pretty small for the most part.

For me, the following would be good to see:

Are you talking about Mavic 3?
2018-10-12
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-11 09:53
I would like to see lateral vision sensing in POI mode more than any other mode. More so now with the new ease of operation of that mode. After all, that’s all we do in that mode (POI) is fly sideways!

I'm very glad they enabled lateral vision systems for quickshots sub-modes of circle, helix, and boomerang. Maybe POI vision is coming soon
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LordSky1976 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:35
Here's one:
Don't bother, my M2Pro refused to auto focus in camera mode, all sensors disabled with no way to turn them back on, the option to turn sensors of and on was in Chinese on the C1 and C2 menus.
Uninstalled just, everything back to normal, camera focus is fine again, all sensors working. Shame on the software department.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. For the troubles you mentioned, please kindly refer to the below and confirm, thanks!  
1. Regarding the disabled sensors, do you mean all sensors are enabled but the icon is still red, right? It will be better to upload a short video for better assistance.
2. As for Mavic 2 Pro refuse the autofocus, could you upload some samples for double check?
3. For the Chinese on C1 and C2 menu, this has been aware and forwarded to our engineers to check. Sorry for the confusion.
2018-10-12
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

dmitryx Posted at 2018-10-10 23:03
Via dji go 4: network disconnected. Tried like 10 times, no luck.
Via assistant 2: says upgraded, going back to the "firmware update" shows v1 as current.
=/

Same for me when trying the app, but managed to update via DJI Assistant.
2018-10-12
Use props
FlyingFish82
First Officer
Flight distance : 3662503 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 03:54
Hi FlyingFish82, for the horizon issues on D-log and HLG modes, please kindly find it in the user manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_2/20180920/Mavic+2+Pro+Zoom+User+Manual_v1.2.pdf
For the sensors, we'll release on our website if more news is available, thanks for your attention.

Thanks DJI Susan for the reply. i have a pluggin which fixes the distortion, but i will try this values manually and see if it renders a better image, as it does indeed hinder the footage a bit.

Thanks!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Crayo Posted at 2018-10-11 12:21
Now that we've received this fine Mavic 2 firmware for things didn't even realize needing, maybe the next one will bring us the features we've been really waiting for.

For me the list is short:

Hi Crayo, our engineers are working on the Precision Landing and Waypoints 2.0. We'll release as soon as they are ready. As for the color profile, the Mavic 2 Pro supports a 10-bit Dlog-M color profile that yields higher dynamic range for more flexibility in the grading room. The system records over 1 billion colors (compared to the 16 million colors from traditional 8-bit color coding technologies) and retains more in-depth details in both highlights and shadows. Now you can capture the subtlest gradations at sunset or sunrise, leaving greater space for post-production.
Also, the video captured in the DLOG-M and HLG color modes is uniformly encoded using 10bits H.265 for greater post-processing space. But 10bits video cannot complete distortion correction in the aircraft directly, it needs to be post-processed, you may use the software that supports distortion correction.
2018-10-12
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

dari_017 Posted at 2018-10-11 19:16
Is this update for the batteries as well , or just the RC and aircraft ?

Batteries do not seem to be affected by the update, after replacing the battery there is no prompt for re-updating the firmware.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Marko Cooler Posted at 2018-10-11 13:40
Obstacle avoidance is no working after update, and downgrading not helping at all

Hi Marko, we've received some feedback about this and our engineers are trying to reproduce this at our end, we'll keep you updated on the latest progress, thanks for your attention.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Trailkill Posted at 2018-10-11 16:02
I got the Chinese lettering too. Sensors disabled. Updated RC and Drone with Assistant 2 second time. Still disabled still Chinese.  Now what?

Hi Trailkill, if the drone has not taken off, the radar icon will be red in Andriod device, we sincerely suggest taking off to see if everything works well. For the Chinese in App, this has been forwarded to our engineers to check, sorry for the inconvenience.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Chumley Posted at 2018-10-11 17:15
Quick update. I decided to give it a go. Updated aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Go 4 app (Android) all to latest. All the sensors work fine (same as previous) as does the camera focussing (M2 Pro). But still have Chinese lettering for the new C1/C2 button options despite numerous restarts.

Hi Chumley, the Chinese lettering for C1/C2 button has been forwarded to the designated team for check and review. Thanks for heading up.
2018-10-12
Use props
Nelsonlee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>

DJI Susan Posted at 2018-10-12 01:59
Hello Nelson, the DJI GO/DJI GO 4 App for CrystalSky is the customized version and supports to upgrade separately. The V4.3.0 for CrystalSky has been released and compatible with Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom. May I know what troubles do you encounter with the current App? More details are appreciated.

Hi Susan,

May i know the CrystalSky current version 4.3 do have this?

What’s New?
  • Added ability to make a selection and adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to delete Hyperlapse and Panorama RAW footage in Playback (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for QuickShots sub-modes of Circle, Helix, and Boomerang. Refer to the Mavic 2 User Manual for more details about the requirements for obstacle sensing.
  • Optimized ActiveTrack 2.0.
  • Improved photo quality for Panorama.
  • Improved aircraft flight stability.
2018-10-12
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

dari_017 Posted at 2018-10-11 19:16
Is this update for the batteries as well , or just the RC and aircraft ?

Hi dari_017, there will be a reminder if the aircraft firmware and battery firmware are inconsistent, please kindly slide the bar to update when you receive it, thanks!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

tictactoe Posted at 2018-10-11 23:19
When I will able to connect my website with forum.

Hi there, may I know what trouble do you encounter when reaching the forum? More details will be appreciated. We'd like to check the exact status and see whether we can help.
2018-10-12
Use props
LordSky1976
lvl.2

The camera would not auto focus last night (low light in living room and low light in flight) after updating, everything was blurred but not in video recording. I uninstalled and reinstalled the update this morning and the camera seems ok now although in brighter daylight. Still have Chinese menu options for C1 and C2 vision disable.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules