New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released(2018.10.11)
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 16:46
I tried rolling back the FW - exact same result - fails at 75% - AC reboots and update fails. Red lights at all four corners and relink button has no effect

Sounds like you’re down to A) throwing it against the wall B) returning it & get it replaced from Amazon. At least you’ve got that option.  The thing is worth the BS that you must endure. This is definitely a test of your patience.

I buy my DJI stuff “locally” from the Apple Store or Best Buy for this reason. It’s worth the extra price.
2018-10-12
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

It appears your flying after dark? If so obstacle avoidance will be off, it's just that the icon didn't used to show you that. At least that's the way it's working for me.

Again, obstacle avoidance was never on while the aircraft was on the ground, but the icon incorrectly showed green.
2018-10-12
Use props
PatrickVC
New

Belgium

PatrickVC Posted at 2018-10-12 13:25
I am in the position mode and in flight (as you can see),  also same result during day time.

Weird thing,  this morning I had during power on a firmware mismatch message...(while I really updated all yesterday, no message during startup before)...it took a minute to update the controller...once in the air the sensors DO work....I stand corrected I am afraid.
2018-10-13
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 13:26
23. FW update (V01.00.0100) now failed at 87% - (I think the beer is helping TBH)
24. Goto step 9

use a wired connection to computer instead of wifi !!
2018-10-13
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
United Kingdom

bomberuk Posted at 2018-10-13 01:45
use a wired connection to computer instead of wifi !!

That's what I did
I've had a MP and a Spark since they were released - not my 1st Rodeo ;)
2018-10-13
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

DTH Posted at 2018-10-13 02:22
That's what I did
I've had a MP and a Spark since they were released - not my 1st Rodeo ;)

If beer got you to 87%, what would whiskey do? That may very well get you the 100% for which you seek.
2018-10-13
Use props
ralphk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1640243 ft
Singapore

Hi all, my M2P is having same problem too, OA disabled after firmware update. After rolled back to v01.00.00.00 it works. Then I upgrade to latest FW again OA stop working again.
2018-10-13
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Testflight was very nice. More stable and did´t have to calibrate the compass before every flight as before.
2018-10-13
Use props
fanse5394b5d
Second Officer
Flight distance : 128471 ft
United Kingdom

ralphk Posted at 2018-10-13 07:26
Hi all, my M2P is having same problem too, OA disabled after firmware update. After rolled back to v01.00.00.00 it works. Then I upgrade to latest FW again OA stop working again.

I think this has been covered earlier in the thread. OA is disabled until after take off, automatically turns on once airborne.
Can't test just yet, way too windy in the UK.

Give it a try and let us know
2018-10-13
Use props
Vendex
Second Officer
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

djiuser_dnRkXM9NvBI1 Posted at 2018-10-12 15:13
Obstacle avoidance will not working anymore after the update. Please be careful.

I'm not sure about that. Did you try to calibrate VPS?
2018-10-13
Use props
ralphk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1640243 ft
Singapore

fanse5394b5d Posted at 2018-10-13 08:16
I think this has been covered earlier in the thread. OA is disabled until after take off, automatically turns on once airborne.
Can't test just yet, way too windy in the UK.

tried that. almost bang into a wall though
2018-10-13
Use props
Leonel Mondragon
lvl.1

I was wondering if anybody can confirm that obstacle avoidance in all sides are unavailable in (TAP FLY FREE MODE), I have a mavic 2 zoom I used a Google pixel 2 and in both the old firmware and this recent new firmware still, obstacle avoidance is not available in  TAP FLY FREE MODE. All the other tapfly modes have obstacle avoidance of some sort. Thanks. Maybe DJI can comment on this???
2018-10-13
Use props
fansee3580f1
New
Flight distance : 7156 ft

I am unable to do the update using my ultra bright crystal sky. I keep getting a network connection error yet it is on the network and I’m able to view google through the browser. I have updated the firmware using my iPhone.   Any help would be appreciated as using a DJI product for an update should not be an issue.
2018-10-13
Use props
djiuser_dnRkXM9NvBI1
lvl.2

Malta

In a German forum and also after my own try, after the update, the sensors disabled. When starting they will get Green BUT also wenn side Sensors are green the won't work. Crashed nearly in a wall although tripod and this is a general problem. I know at least 5 owner with the same problem.
2018-10-13
Use props
Leonel Mondragon
lvl.1

Trailkill Posted at 2018-10-11 16:02
I got the Chinese lettering too. Sensors disabled. Updated RC and Drone with Assistant 2 second time. Still disabled still Chinese.  Now what?

He said he completely restated the app, try that and let us know. That's what I'm going to do.
2018-10-13
Use props
Trailkill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 317031 ft
  • >>>
United States

Leonel Mondragon Posted at 2018-10-13 10:30
He said he completely restated the app, try that and let us know. That's what I'm going to do.

I downgraded firmware. Everything worked again. Then tried upgrading again. Found out that everything was working as it is should the first time. The OA sensors are turned off until I got airborne. Then they came on and worked as they should. The only flaw is the C1 C2 button settings are in Chinese. But it does turn on and off the OA.
The drone flew just fine.
2018-10-13
Use props
fans46f679dd
New
Flight distance : 233911 ft
Germany

Just collided with street lantern.
Mavic won‘t recognize Object, even if it‘s 30cm in front of me
2018-10-13
Use props
GABarber
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94190 ft
United States

I have my firmware update stuck at 99% for 10 minutes... How long should I wait to retry?
2018-10-13
Use props
djiuser_4Z1eRI4u4uuq
New

Vietnam

My mavic 2 zoom after up firmware. OA is disabled (i don't play S mode), after take off, OA work but flight far about 50m, it say :"obstacle avoidance temporary error" and OA disabled. I landing aircraft and take off again but OA did't work anymore (on ground and after take off).
ps: After up firmware, below body aircraft and the motor after flight 3-5 mins very hot
2018-10-13
Use props
DedeMavic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 649403 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

My gimbal stopped working after the firmware update. When I turn on the mavic 2 the camera will not move. Tried downgrading and it's still not working.  Has anyone had any similar experience?  What can I do to fix it?

Thanks
2018-10-13
Use props
Sergey Astakhov
lvl.4
Flight distance : 122723 ft
Russia

In the new firmware, the GPS altitude record was fixed  (exif GPSAltitude tag, before it wrote nonsense there) and at the same time the relative height record was altered (exif RelativeAltitude tag). Previously, the relative altitude was written from the barometer (relative to the starting point), and now the altitude is written from GPS (the same as in GPSAltitude).
2018-10-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hi All

I updated my Mavic 2 Pro with the latest FW on this post announcement. I used my iPhone 8+ on the iOS 12 system using the latest Go 4 App 4.3.3

Everything updated just fine using the App, it takes about 12 minutes to complete and the aircraft is first, then the remote last. As with all DJI updates it is a good idea to check all of your settings and recalibrate your IMU and Compass. I flew the M2 and everything was very solid. Flight control felt very smooth and the GPS holds perfectly. I do not use the Hyperlapse mode on the first try.

1) Object avoidance worked as it should (but I do not rely on this) I tried to park it in the garage and the overhead sensor was indicating distance also.   
2)  Quick shots was working fine too.
3) Sport mode turns off VS and worked perfectly.
3) Controls have been added to the C1 / C2 buttons (see screenshots)

Please note, that the update finished successfully and after turning off the remote and the aircraft you might find the next time you turn on the Mavic 2 it will come up with inconsistent FW message. You just need to slide the message button and let it finish updating. Then you are good to go.

As far as I can tell with only one flight, it was very good and recommend this update.

Edit: added screenshots and please note the day to discharge was removed from the battery details page. I was hoping that DJI would put the days to auto discharge would be added back to the App.

All the best
Rich

IMG_1570.PNG IMG_1571.PNG IMG_1572.PNG IMG_1574.PNG
2018-10-13
Use props
WRHershey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 116043 ft
  • >>>
United States

WRHershey Posted at 2018-10-11 20:50
Just did the aircraft and controller update. No update yet for the CS, of course. So, C1, C2 have more options which is cool, but, No Chinese or other for vision system...however, I have a "Undefined" option, I assume that is where the vision option will go when DJI updates CS, a month of so from now as normal.

So flight test seems fine, it is completely dark outside, so I just went straight up to about 30 meters in my back yard, everything seemed normal. UNTIL I tried to land. As it approached the landing pad (about 2 meters), the bottom light came on as normal but drone refused to land. It would drop about 1 inch, then push back up, over and over, as I held the stick in the down position, it would drop about 1 inch, then push back up. So, on a hunch, I turned off the bottom auxiliary light, and presto, it landed normal.

UPDATE: Just heard back from DJI, and they correctly guessed that at night, with the landing light on, my landing surface was too reflective and causing the drone to not think landing was safe.

So, tried it again after dark, this time I placed my landing pad on the white plastic table I was landing on, turned on the light and it landed perfect..

Lesson learned, and thank you to DJI support. (I emailed them directly)
2018-10-13
Use props
Kajtek
lvl.2
Flight distance : 112697 ft
United States

Yesterday I upgraded the firmware in Mavic and remote and today first free flights were OK but forth, fifth, sixth and seventh had problems. Suddenly remote was losing connections with mavic and the message was         Remote controller connection error. Camera view on the phone frozen and black and white. After a few seconds it showed "Disconnected" and  few seconds later "Obstacle avoidance Avoidance disabled". Itr followed with message "Signal lost" and RTH. It happened at hight 100m and 200m from Home position with no obstructions between mavic and remote. I could see the Mavic.  Mavic returned and remote connected before landing. Next flight the same sequence - at some point remotes disconnects the same sequence of messages but this time remote connected during RTH  for several seconds before  reaching home position and then disconnected again and did not connect at all even when mavic was landing.  Another two flight the same problem Mavic landing without connecting again. Fortunately, RTH works flawlessly. It was progressively getting worse. Last flight, I had problem from the very beginning. The DJIGO app had a problem to connect to the remote. I checked the cables. Finally, it connected and  Icould fly but soon again the same problem - remote loses connection with Mavic and later with the phone. It seems that the problem is in the remote.  I do not know if this is just that the remote  is failing or is it because of the upgrade. I downgraded both mavic and remote and I am planning (if weather permits) to fly tomorrow to see if the problem is fixed.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-10-12 04:21
What about other color modes for the M2Pro like D-Cinelike?

Hi WingSpeed, we do not have received any news about the D-Cinelike on Mavic 2 Pro for now. Sorry about this. If there is an update, we'll release on our website.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

FlyingFish82 Posted at 2018-10-12 04:34
Thanks DJI Susan for the reply. i have a pluggin which fixes the distortion, but i will try this values manually and see if it renders a better image, as it does indeed hinder the footage a bit.

Thanks!

Thanks for your understanding. If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Nelsonlee Posted at 2018-10-12 05:17
Hi Susan,

May i know the CrystalSky current version 4.3 do have this?

As mentioned in the release note, some features require DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher. If there is an update
of DJI GO 4 for CrystalSky, we'll release as soon as it is ready. Thanks for your attention.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

LordSky1976 Posted at 2018-10-12 05:21
The camera would not auto focus last night (low light in living room and low light in flight) after updating, everything was blurred but not in video recording. I uninstalled and reinstalled the update this morning and the camera seems ok now although in brighter daylight. Still have Chinese menu options for C1 and C2 vision disable.

Received with thanks! Nice to see the camera works now. Regarding the Chinese menu for C1 and C2, we have forwarded to our engineers to check and review. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2018-10-13
Use props
STST
lvl.4
Flight distance : 734882 ft
Israel

After the upgrade ,
i have a new problems :
1. hovering i seems that  the drone is lass stable  and not keep the current position (I did the MUI and Vision calibration)
2. hyperlapse  - during the record of hyperlapse , if the gimbal  at an 30 angle (up) , during the after a short while it goes down to a straight position
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

gnirtS Posted at 2018-10-12 05:32
[view_image]

No option to bind the OA as far as i can see at all.  Its 4.3.2 *android*.

Thanks for getting back to us. Just as Eric 13 mentioned in 127#, please slide down the options to find the Chinese "启用视觉避障” which means "Enable the Visual Obstacle Avoidance", you may check whether it works. As for the Chinese display, our engineers have been aware of it and will fix it soon. Sorry for the confusion caused.
Also, the sensors icon will be red in Andriod device if the drone has not taken off, you may check the performance in the flight and confirm.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

jctarvin Posted at 2018-10-12 10:51
Soooo, now that I've updated aircraft and controller firmware, when can I expect to see the DJI GO 4 update for my Crystal Sky??? Not much use without it.

Our engineers are working on the update about DJI GO/ DJI GO 4 for CrsystalSky. If there is an update, we'll release on our website. Thanks for your patience and attention.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DRONE-flies-YOU! Posted at 2018-10-12 10:57
Obstacle avoidance works fine. He didn’t even fly his drone, so he’s going off what he saw immediately after powering it on.  A couple people are spreading BAD & incomplete information.

Yes, there might be some misunderstanding of the new update. If the drone has not taken off, the radar icon will be red in Andriod device and green in IOS device, we sincerely suggest taking off to see if everything works well. Thanks for heading up.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PatrickVC Posted at 2018-10-12 11:15
After updating the firmware all my avoidance sensors are disabled and stay disabled during flight in all modes...How to fix?? Downgrade?

Hi Patrick, if the drone has not taken off, the radar icon will be red in Andriod device and green in IOS device. Please kindly check if the avoidance sensors are enabled and test in the open field. If the issue persists, please kindly upload the screen recording for better assistance. thanks!
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

CanonMax Posted at 2018-10-12 11:24
I am sure that you also know, that this is in the manual as a promised feature... thank you...

(Canon)Max

Hi Max, thanks for your kind reminder, we'll release on our website as soon as more features are available.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 14:28
Good Idea!
27. Start new thread about the utterly miserable experience I'm having with my £1100 Paperweight.

Hi DTH, we've read your new post and responded as well: https://forum.dji.com/thread-169241-1-1.html Please kindly keep us posted there for better follow up, thanks so much!
2018-10-14
Use props
djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh
lvl.2

Russia

Good day. Tell me, is it possible to make DJI GO 4 4.3.0 in Russian?
2018-10-14
Use props
djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh
lvl.2

Russia

Good day. Tell me, is it possible to make DJI GO 4 4.3.2 in Russian?
2018-10-14
Use props
Anunaki
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1522346 ft
  • >>>

FLT Posted at 2018-10-11 07:14
I’m seeing a lot of people say that the vision sensors have now been disabled after the firmware update. Anyone else?

Yes my vision sensors have been disabled with the latest firmware.  
2018-10-14
Use props
djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh
lvl.2

Russia

It is for android. Many people buy mavic Pro 2 from Russia and there is no language in Russian
2018-10-14
Use props
djiuser_pH2DUXFBGHQh
lvl.2

Russia

And about the sensors, yesterday I updated both the front and rear sensors, but there is no landing accuracy.
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules