1495 5 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bernoullis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

Trump signs new bill allowing shoot-down of private drones without warrant

In many respects, it is surprising that this hasn't happened sooner.  The web is swamped with videos by people that just don't feel that a few simple rules apply to them.

The variety of UAVs available, together with the ease of flying them (flying them well takes some practise ...) means that the fools are degrading the experience for everybody. But this is rapidly becoming an 'I,Me,Mine' world ......

2018-10-11
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 674137 ft
United States

I would counter with this. As far as the FAA is concerned it is a crime.
Shooting down/interfering with Drones/Aircraft
2019-1-8
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Is this what you are talking about? I have no issue with this...you break the rules/violate airspace your drone should be shot down/destroyed.

"UAS threat elimination. Division H of the bill gives DOT, the Attorney General, and in some cases the Coast Guard the authority to destroy or overtake a UAS that has violated protected airspace or is otherwise posing a threat to the safety or security of the U.S."
2019-1-8
Use props
Bernoullis
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4938 ft
United Kingdom

KennyB, I am not sure where you are coming from.  My comments were based on the fact that there are many idiots out there that use their UAVs (drones ... but I dislike the word) in idiotic ways - Youtube is littered with the evidence of UAVs being used well outside the legislation existing in various territories.  Consequently, this means that the heavy hammer of further legislation is brought to bear on the law-abiding majority of users, perhaps to the point where it is uneconomic, or no longer pleasureable, to fly a UAV.

I have nothing against governments taking action against abusers e.g. shooting down the UAVs belonging to folk behaving like idiots, but the longer term problem for the rest of us is the ever-tightening noose of rules and regs, that could squeeze the life and spontaneity out of the hobby.  It is pretty much impossible to legislate for the idiots and lawless - these groups will ignore the law, whatever.  But why do the rest of us have to bear the puritanical burden created by the behaviour of the few?
2019-1-8
Use props
KennyB
lvl.4
United States

Bernoullis Posted at 1-8 12:20
KennyB, I am not sure where you are coming from.  My comments were based on the fact that there are many idiots out there that use their UAVs (drones ... but I dislike the word) in idiotic ways - Youtube is littered with the evidence of UAVs being used well outside the legislation existing in various territories.  Consequently, this means that means the heavy hammer of further legislation is brought to bear on the law-abiding majority of users, perhaps to the point where it is uneconomic, or no longer pleasureable, to fly a UAV.

I have nothing against governments taking acton against abusers e.g. shooting down the UAVs belonging to folk behaving like idiots, but the longer term problem for the rest of us is the ever-tightening noose of rules and regs, that could squeeze the life and spontaneity out of the hobby.  It is pretty much impossible to legislate for the idiots and lawless - these groups will ignore the law, whatever.  But why do the rest of us have to bear the puritanical burden created by the behaviour of the few?

Oh no...I completely agree...there are way too many idiots abusing the airspace. I consider this a profession. At least it is for me. My goal is to represent the Drone Pilot profession in the best light possible. I always fly safe and do my best to follow every rule and regulation out there. To me it is the only way to help ensure that we are treated like professionals.

I am not a big fan of government involvement and regulations...as I don't believe that the government is the solution for many things. That said...someone has to reign in the moron, idiots, reckless and dangerous behavior that some people reflect in their flying practices.  
2019-1-11
Use props
djiuser_Cdbewb7B4ofD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 27142 ft
United States

I'm for shooting down drones under certain circumstances. It boils down to the who, what, when, where and why.

Who is shooting down the drone? Random citizen, DOT, FAA, local police?

What is the drone being shot down with? 9MM handgun, potato gun, net gun?

Where is it being shot down at? Restricted air space, private property? Is this an urban, suburban or rural environment?

The when and why could be common sense.

I'm just saying if you fly a drone over an airport, military instillation, no fly zone as a hobbyist without knowing any rules. Then yeah take that sucker out of the sky. But if you're flying over a neighbor's land with consent and adjact neighbor shoots it down because he though he saw it on/near his property. What are the consequences?

2019-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules