Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Mavic 2 Firmware v01.00.01.00
5507 35 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
User1
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4974 ft
Hungary

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... elease_Notes_en.pdf
2018-10-11
Use props
trica de
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

What’s New
?

Added ability to make a selection and adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse (requires DJI GO
4 v4.3.2 or higher).

Add
ed ability to delete Hyperlapse and Panorama RAW footage in Playback (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or
higher).

Added  ability  to  enable  and  disable  Vision  Systems  by  using  remote  controller’s  C1  and  C2  buttons
(requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).

Enabled  Late
ral  Vision  Systems  for  QuickShots  sub
-
modes  of  Circle,  Helix,  and  Boomerang.  Refer  to  the
Mavic 2 User Manual for more details about the requirements for obstacle sensing.

Optimized ActiveTrack 2.0.

Improved photo quality for Panorama.

Improved aircraft
flight stability.
Notes:

Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.

Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and
Maximum  Flight  Distance,  to  factory  defaults.  Befor
e  the  update,  take  note  of  your  preferred  DJI  GO  4
settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.

If  the  firmware  upgrade  fails,  restart  aircraft,  remote  controller  and  DJI  GO
4  or  DJI  Assistant  2  for
Mavic, and
retry
2018-10-11
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Luxembourg

What’s New?   

• Added ability to make a selection and adjust the flight speed and duration for Hyperlapse (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to delete Hyperlapse and Panorama RAW footage in Playback (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Added ability to enable and disable Vision Systems by using remote controller’s C1 and C2 buttons (requires DJI GO 4 v4.3.2 or higher).
  • Enabled Lateral Vision Systems for QuickShots sub-modes of Circle, Helix, and Boomerang. Refer to the Mavic 2 User Manual for more details about the requirements for obstacle sensing.
  • Optimized ActiveTrack 2.0.
  • Improved photo quality for Panorama.
  • Improved aircraft flight stability

Notes:

• Restart the aircraft and remote controller after upgrade is complete.
  • Please note that firmware update may reset various Main Controller Settings, such as the RTH Altitude and Maximum Flight Distance, to factory defaults. Before the update, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update to suit your preference.
  • If the firmware upgrade fails, restart aircraft, remote controller and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thanks for reaching DJI Forum. You may refer to the Forum link https://forum.dji.com/thread-169070-1-1.html also. Thank you.
2018-10-11
Use props
Scott_P
lvl.2
United States

So the long awaited and overdue firmware update is here... oh wait, no it isn't.  The long awaited and overdue firmware update was supposed to include Precision Landing, 4K 60, ability to store waypoint misssions, ability to save various camera, gimbil and flight control configurations, etc.  When will the features everyone's been asking for going to be included?
2018-10-11
Use props
Oracle Miata
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3759829 ft
  • >>>

You’ll never see 4K60.  Ever
2018-10-11
Use props
Exib
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 03:45
So the long awaited and overdue firmware update is here... oh wait, no it isn't.  The long awaited and overdue firmware update was supposed to include Precision Landing, 4K 60, ability to store waypoint misssions, ability to save various camera, gimbil and flight control configurations, etc.  When will the features everyone's been asking for going to be included?

You know you are going to get the usual DJI Forum reply to this post I can see it on the way shortly
2018-10-11
Use props
Scott_P
lvl.2
United States

I fully expect the standard reply.  I just want to keep the pressure on them and make sure they know that customers are not happy with their lack of responsivness.
2018-10-11
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 05:00
I fully expect the standard reply.  I just want to keep the pressure on them and make sure they know that customers are not happy with their lack of responsivness.

They've already demonstrated that they have no interest in our interests as exemplified by this lackluster update. I share your frustration.
2018-10-11
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1252884 ft
  • >>>
United States

"SEE THE BIGGER FRAUD"

-DJI-BOT

2018-10-11
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-10-11 09:05
"SEE THE BIGGER FRAUD"

-DJI-BOT

"FORMAT YOUR SD CARD"

"FIX IT YOURSELF IN POST"

"PLEASE MAY I KNOW WHAT FIRMWARE AND CAN YOU PLEASE UPDATE IT USING DJI ASSISTANT 2?"

-Dji-BOT

2018-10-11
Use props
Jarmok6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440135 ft
Estonia

First update I have to use a computer, cause ERROR: Update failed. Reason Network disconnected...    Tested many times with wifi and 4G  and noting...  
2018-10-11
Use props
Streetmagus
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1398376 ft
United States

Waited for the update for ability to save Hyperlapse waypoints.
This was a disappointing update.
The only thing good is they added a few more modes where side sensor works. Yay..
2018-10-11
Use props
Jarmok6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 440135 ft
Estonia

Jarmok6 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:55
First update I have to use a computer, cause ERROR: Update failed. Reason Network disconnected...    Tested many times with wifi and 4G  and noting...

Fix for this was to reinstall DJI assistant 2!   All good now!    I'm happy with the option to use DlogM precolor on android!
2018-10-11
Use props
Avi8tor0
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88301 ft
  • >>>

Sure wish DJI would tell us what their meaning of “coming soon” is. Still looking for waypoints, etc...............,,,
2018-10-11
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Speechless

-FC
2018-10-11
Use props
UNsyncED
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

I hope for the firmware update for the transmission error between the M2 and Goggles will be released soon.
2018-10-11
Use props
geoffz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>

UNsyncED Posted at 2018-10-11 20:11
I hope for the firmware update for the transmission error between the M2 and Goggles will be released soon.

I fly with the Crystalsky.

Launch all systems and naturally being CS is an android based the FW does NOT download...let along install.

Plug in my iPhone and Viola!

All system go...Everything downloads and installs with no problems whatsoever. (no assistant 2)

Thanks DJI for your efficiency.
2018-10-11
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

I want the ability to change camera settings when in the Quickshot meny, such as expo, aperture and iso, without having to exit to normal menu, is it possible?
2018-10-11
Use props
CineView Media
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5365522 ft
  • >>>

"Improved photo quality for Panorama."

How, size, resolution, or what? Whats the difference from previous one?
2018-10-11
Use props
MagicRide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6766027 ft
United States

It would be nice to have to option to switch from HQ to FOV and visa versa with C1 or C2 on the fly. So if you're on FOV 24fps it would switch to HQ 24fps and back with one click. That would be a nice firmware update, along with all the others.
2018-10-12
Use props
Buzzyone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>

Scott_P Posted at 2018-10-11 05:00
I fully expect the standard reply.  I just want to keep the pressure on them and make sure they know that customers are not happy with their lack of responsivness.

I'm not sure what you expect, at the end of the day the drone was launched with a list of features that was well documented, as was the launch of the drone without WP2, 'coming soon'.

I bought the product knowing what it could do and what it could not, I am at a loss to see how 'everyone is unhappy' or 'they are ignoring their customers'.

They could just issue bug fixes and add nothing to the feature list, they are under no obligation to add features beyond that of what was originally described.

They have decided at a later date to add precision landing, not because it was missing, it was never included in the specs. It's being added because customers wanted it. So really that is a company that is listening and working towards providing an 'additional feature'. Just because it dosent meet your specific time frame does not make them a bad company.

All of a sudden there is a never ending list of 'demands' from customers, if you need these features then put up your money and buy a drone that has them already, don't put up you cash and moan to everyone else that they have ripped you off because you expected to find more features than was specified.

I have a number of DJI drones, and they all perform tasks that they were intended to do, I agree that sometimes they don't quite do what I expect, but then life isn't absolute either. On the whole I am happy with the product, firmware updates are being issued and additional features I don't need will be added, I would still rather have a stable aircraft rather than extra bugs introduced by squeezing software into a system that was never designed for it & worse I don't want.
2018-10-12
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-10-12 08:23
I'm not sure what you expect, at the end of the day the drone was launched with a list of features that was well documented, as was the launch of the drone without WP2, 'coming soon'.

I bought the product knowing what it could do and what it could not, I am at a loss to see how 'everyone is unhappy' or 'they are ignoring their customers'.

I am too happy with my M2P, I don't expect it to be a "compact P4P version" The camera on M2P is by far better than the original Mavic, and I can't say I'm having issues with the product itself.

Having said that, DJI DID MENTION about precision landing on the keynote, it's well documented on the video where you can hear they talking about it when introducing the bottom auxiliary LEDs, so we had no clue about the feature being removed only after activating the aircraft.
On the same token, we are not asking for "non-standard" features to the Mavic like palm landing from Spark for example. I do believe it's an "unfinished / half baked" product. The manual talks about waypoints "coming soon", also when a company releases a product that supersedes a product by calling it "V2", it's a given that it will at least carry over the same features from its predecessor, so it's some type of misleading to the customer here if you read between the lines.
I do appreciate the company releasing a long anticipated product and this is where early adopters come in place, to have the opportunity to start enjoying a product  while the company finishes the the features instead of pushing the release date farther away, so kudos to DJI for that.
The problem here is the lack of communication, "bot-like" responses from DJI on the forums by using standard copy/paste answers with almost zero value on them.
I did have a potential battery issue the first week it was nothing wrong at the end, but the customer service was awful, I got email from tech supports from China, they all contradicting each other, different reps dealing with the same case number but not on the same page giving me different instructions each, this of course gave me no confidence at all so I decided not to ship back my M2P to them... at the end my battery was perfectly fine so the indentations I had were no signs of trouble -now this is what I'm talking about.
DJI should be more proactive and give better answer to their paying customer, stop saying things like: "Coming soon", "We will forward this to our engineers to see if it's possible", etc, etc.

This is my 2 cents, and opinion as a M2P user and of course with all due respect to everyone else's opinions, not looking to start an argue here. Now let's wait for another 2 months and see what DJI does on the next FW update.

Cheers,
-FC

2018-10-12
Use props
M Stuart K
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 2018-10-12 08:23

I absolutely cannot add anything to your comment except: Well Said!
2018-10-12
Use props
Glenn Goodlett
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27978153 ft
  • >>>

I do wish the issue with the goggles was fixed.
2018-10-12
Use props
Kingram
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84085 ft
United States

Buzzyone said -"They have decided at a later date to add precision landing, not because it was missing, it was never included in the specs. It's being added because customers wanted it. So really that is a company that is listening and working towards providing an 'additional feature'. Just because it dosen't meet your specific time frame does not make them a bad company.

Actually Precision landing was  supposed to be included with the Mavic 2 Pro , check out the Bigger Picture Youtube video and go to the 25:00 minute mark.

2018-10-12
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Kingram Posted at 2018-10-12 12:13
Buzzyone said -"They have decided at a later date to add precision landing, not because it was missing, it was never included in the specs. It's being added because customers wanted it. So really that is a company that is listening and working towards providing an 'additional feature'. Just because it dosen't meet your specific time frame does not make them a bad company.

Actually Precision landing was  supposed to be included with the Mavic 2 Pro , check out the Bigger Picture Youtube video and go to the 25:00 minute mark.

Exactly my point on my previous post, thank you for bringing this up.

-FC
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I think that could also be construed as allowing the pilot to to make a more precise landing in low light conditions.
2018-10-12
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
  • >>>

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-12 16:14
I think that could also be construed as allowing the pilot to to make a more precise landing in low light conditions.

If that's the case, then DJI is really fooling the loyal customer as "Precision Landing" is a DJI feature/function available in all other of their drones, including the original Mavic (except Tello of course) , so I hope that wasn't the case otherwise shame on them... even MORE shame.

-FC
2018-10-12
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

WingSpeed Posted at 2018-10-12 17:40
Naaahhhh. I think you just saying that helps you to be construed as a shill. Does HighKing agree with you? What does he think of precision landing?

Flying by VLOS

+

(208,000 lumens, will illuminate 6-7 acres)

allows pilot to make precise landings in what would normally be construed as low-light conditions
2018-10-12
Use props
fans134dae99
New
Flight distance : 205837 ft

Please someone help. I just got thw Mavic two pro and my friend and I (he has the same drone) are experiencing an issue where our obstical sensors dont turn on regarless of what mode we are in. I tried turning them off and on and even calibrating it. Nothing works. Please help!!
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-10-12 19:18
If that's the case, then DJI is really fooling the loyal customer as "Precision Landing" is a DJI feature/function available in all other of their drones, including the original Mavic (except Tello of course) , so I hope that wasn't the case otherwise shame on them... even MORE shame.

-FC

I think dji did said they were adding precision landing in future update, so it should come soon, I haven’t read that many were having problems with PL so far, I can only speak for myself, in testing M2P I have found it lands no further than 3 feet away and most of the time it would land within 1 ft.

I know there are some who will say what if you lose radio signal, your drone could land 5 metres away, but I have not seen or read any of this happening, remember many of us have flown phantom 4 and phantom 3, and both those drones never had any problem with either loss of signal RTH or any other RTH .
I do believe we will see PL as soon as it’s ready.
2018-10-13
Use props
FRCornelis
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-13 02:30
I think dji did said they were adding precision landing in future update, so it should come soon, I haven’t read that many were having problems with PL so far, I can only speak for myself, in testing M2P I have found it lands no further than 3 feet away and most of the time it would land within 1 ft.

I know there are some who will say what if you lose radio signal, your drone could land 5 metres away, but I have not seen or read any of this happening, remember many of us have flown phantom 4 and phantom 3, and both those drones never had any problem with either loss of signal RTH or any other RTH .

True, I'm perfectly cable of landing my drone manually. I have to keep an eye on in if I press RTH button otherwise it will land on my roof if take off point is about 3 meters away from it, so if I'm in the middle of an open area it should be "OK", but it's not precision landing by all means.

I was able to drive all my life without automatic braking system or like keep assist or even in-dash GPS, etc,  I now have in my current 2017 vehicle,  and we were fine back then (Phantom 3 scenario), not that I depend on it to drive safety, but I will be upset if purchase the same trim model, newer version, paying even more money for 2019 (M2P scenario) and find the features were removed "just because". I would not purchase that model period.

-FC
2018-10-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

FRCornelis Posted at 2018-10-13 10:16
True, I'm perfectly cable of landing my drone manually. I have to keep an eye on in if I press RTH button otherwise it will land on my roof if take off point is about 3 meters away from it, so if I'm in the middle of an open area it should be "OK", but it's not precision landing by all means.

I was able to drive all my life without automatic braking system or like keep assist or even in-dash GPS, etc,  I now have in my current 2017 vehicle,  and we were fine back then (Phantom 3 scenario), not that I depend on it to drive safety, but I will be upset if purchase the same trim model, newer version, paying even more money for 2019 (M2P scenario) and find the features were removed "just because". I would not purchase that model period.

I think your missing the point here, dji have already said they would introduce PL, you also have a choice if you feel they left something out of your M2P, or you can wait until it’s ready to be introduced to M2P.
2018-10-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-13 11:31
I think your missing the point here, dji have already said they would introduce PL, you also have a choice if you feel they left something out of your M2P, or you can wait until it’s ready to be introduced to M2P.

I think you are missing the point.  
DJI's BigWow presentation led customers and potential buyers to believe Mavic-2 would have Precision Landing from Day One.
Not sometime in future!

2018-10-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
Second Officer
United States

I would like to see Mavic-2 actually flying and avoiding obstacles (via Enhanced APAS) as shown / marketed near Time-Mark 24:15, to see if MP2 can live up to CGI video being shown.  
Especially with real world obstacles that were not pre-set, thus not pre-known.
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules