Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rodrigograca31
lvl.1
Flight distance : 190528 ft
Portugal

Hi.

New here.
I got a Mavic Pro (combo pack) and was wondering how to go about doing this effects:

The effect I am refering to is the houses being built while the drone does "1 flight " arround them. (I know how to do the editing, but how do they do the "exact same" flight path?)

Are the flights recorded and then the flight path is replayed every time using some feature or they just tried to do the exact same path by hand...?

Does this have a name that I can search for and learn from some youtube videos?

Thanks.

2018-10-11
Use props
rodrigograca31
lvl.1
Portugal

BTW, I've done the point and circle in the past, maybe If I can record those values "in my head" and always go to same point, same altitude, etc I can do the same flight path more or less.....?
2018-10-11
Use props
DJKOR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2035676 ft
Australia

The flights are done using waypoints so that you can fly the same path repeatedly. I believe the Mavic Pro has this functionality in the DJI Go app whereas the Air needs to use an app such as Litchi.
2018-10-11
Use props
saviour
Second Officer
Flight distance : 604203 ft
Germany

This is not even well done nor does it look like one flight.
You need to make waypoints, save them and just fly them after every progress you want to show.
2018-10-11
Use props
rodrigograca31
lvl.1
Portugal

saviour Posted at 2018-10-11 05:24
This is not even well done nor does it look like one flight.
You need to make waypoints, save them and just fly them after every progress you want to show.

I know its not well done..... and I know its not 1 flight... Obviously, Its the illusion of one flight...
What I want to know is how do I film the "exact" same way every time during the span of months...

I'm a newbie but doesn't waypoints mean just go from place A to B?
They seem to do the point of interest flight mode every time almost the same....
2018-10-11
Use props
rodrigograca31
lvl.1
Portugal

Seems I will need to set a bunch of waypoints around the house like this:
(If I could combine the point of interest and waypoints into one would be perfect. I would filme using the point of interest flight mode and tell it to repeat the exact same flight/camera angles every time...)
2018-10-11
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Here is a video I used to do what you want. Smooth time -lapse  video of construction.
It uses DJI GS pro and uses the function POI (3Dmap). The App is free and can program I believe up to 99 Waypoints. Plus you can adjust the camera settings  for each waypoint.
2018-10-11
Use props
rodrigograca31
lvl.1
Portugal

@B1houdini that seems exactly what I need, but unfortunately I'm an Android user....
That seems to be an app that programs a flight path in a circle, I could use that and run that flight path every month and it would to the job since it would be the exact same path....
2018-10-11
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Thanks for this discussion, I'm always looking for projects to shoot. I'm going to try this out and have several ideas for subjects in mind.
2018-10-11
Use props
rodrigograca31
lvl.1
Portugal

GUYS!!!!!!!!!!  

I was emailing the Litchi app developer and he pointed out the first video was done pressingly using the app
Its a bit expensive but If it does the job I dont mind.
I never used the app so I will have to learn "everything" again tomorrow and give it a test but since the guy from the first video did that using it that's exactly what I want!
https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ryuthere.visionplus

Seems this thread is solved. Thanks to yall!
2018-10-11
Use props
BKahuna
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7425909 ft
United States

Litchi is quite awesome and will do the job nicely.  I use in on Android and it work very well.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules