Remote Controller Issue since FW update
1343 9 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Hi All,

When I upgraded my MA to V5 the controller also required an update.

Since then when I turn the controller on to connect I get a LOUD beeping noise that I have not heard before... Tonight I also had a 'controller' error on my phone...

It does not take a rocket scientist to know it must be related to the FW update.. Wondering if others having same experience ?

TIA

2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft after the upgrade? If yes, can you please try to refresh the firmware of your remote controller via DJI Assistant 2? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.
2018-10-11
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-11 11:01
Hi, we're sorry for the inconvenience and trouble caused. Just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft after the upgrade? If yes, can you please try to refresh the firmware of your remote controller via DJI Assistant 2? If the issue persists, please let us know. Thank you.

Hi,

Last night it stopped beeping and I could connect normally. Just tried again now and it has started again. No amount of restarts of aircraft and controller seems to fix it.

I have never done a 'set' sequence of starting.... aircraft first then controller or vice versa and in the past never had problems connecting...

Is there a video on how to roll back firmware ?

I tried to connect via Assistant 2 but the device did not show up....

Managed to get it running again before finishing this, but I am worried about the reliability of the connection...
2018-10-11
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38632 ft
  • >>>

I think you may need to calibrate the remote controller.
2018-10-12
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Estelle Lau Posted at 2018-10-12 00:25
I think you may need to calibrate the remote controller.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

How do I do the calibration ?
2018-10-12
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
  • >>>

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-10-12 03:59
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

Connect the RC to the APP, then launch the App, go to the RC settings, you'll see Remote Controller Calibration. 1.png

I didn't find a Mavic air RC calibration tutorial video, but here is a video about the Mavic Pro RC calibration for your reference only.

2018-10-14
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Estelle Lau Posted at 2018-10-14 18:59
Connect the RC to the APP, then launch the App, go to the RC settings, you'll see Remote Controller Calibration.[view_image]

I didn't find a Mavic air RC calibration tutorial video, but here is a video about the Mavic Pro RC calibration for your reference only.

Thanks very much for the info
2018-10-14
Use props
Estelle Lau
lvl.4
  • >>>

Atlas_Aus Posted at 2018-10-14 20:17
Thanks very much for the info

You are welcome.
2018-10-14
Use props
Qi Yuan
lvl.3
Malaysia

were you able to fix the problem? im unable to fix mine
2018-10-22
Use props
Atlas_Aus
lvl.4

Thailand

Qi Yuan Posted at 2018-10-22 02:45
were you able to fix the problem? im unable to fix mine

yes mate I was.

Funny I was at the DJI store yesterday and they were doing a demo and exactly the same thing happened...  

Try as suggested above if that fails you may have to start again  or send it back for repair.
2018-10-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules