Firmware Update = No More Drone
1122 7 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
marc6
lvl.1

Can someone please explain to me how my drone is working perfectly for over a year and as soon as I download the v01.04.01.00 Firmware Update I can't access the camera any longer? Then DJI tells me I have to pay.

Let me set this up just  a tad..

I went through weeks of troubleshooting with DJI Support and Tech with no avail. They told me to send the machine in and I had to email DJI 5 times to get a shipping label. It took over a month just to receive a label.
I ship the package... after DJI receives it a few days pass and I receive an unreasonable quote.

I contact DJI support and ask- Why are you charging me at all? The drone worked perfectly until the firmwarecorrupted it. How can this be my fault?
The support person had me wait and he contacted the Tech team. When he got back to me I was told- "The issue with the drone could possibly be the firmware."

I said. "Of course it's the Firmware. I'm asking you why you’re charging me for a problem DJI uploaded to my machine? And can you please explain what you mean by "Possibly"? It sounds like you sent a quote to me and don't know exactly what's wrong with the drone. How is that possible?"

He told me to await an email from the tech team and I waited for two days with no email.

I contact DJI support today and the rep told me that the leg of my machine was cracked and that there was a sensor malfunction. If I don't want to pay for it then they will ship my broken machine back.

WHAT?????

This is a total lie. There has been a hairline fracture a a tiny piece of the leg for two years. It has never affected the drone in any way. This is just nonsense. I can't believe the bold face lies DJI is trying to claim and get away with. I am being robbed by this company and it's just not right.

Best part of it- the firmware update came two days after my DJI Care package ran out. How coincidental...

NEVER PURCHASING FROM DJI AGAIN
2018-10-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think their policy is to fix everything on the device.  They don't want to fix just some of the things on the device and then send it back to you and hope you don't have further issues.   They want to ship back to you a 100% fixed Phantom. In this case, you have the cracked leg and the sensor malfunction.  Maybe neither of these have anything to do with your problem, but DJI doesn't want to assume that.  They just want to make it perfect again which includes the sensor and leg.  It's possible the new FW is programmed to not work because of the bad sensor, whereas the older FW didn't care if you had a bad sensor.

It's possible you could just get your Phantom back from DJI and then reinstall the older FW and that would solve the problem, although you apparently would still have the bad sensor.  And the cracked leg.

PhantomHelp.com has a lot of older firmwares for Phantoms.  You might look there.

Good luck
2018-10-11
Use props
marc6
lvl.1

That may be understandable if DJI had said that but that’s not what they said until days after the quote. First their answer was “The issue may be with the firmware update.” Then days later it was this cracked leg reason. The cracked leg is also a flaw in the machine. It appeared after an early morning flight. I hit nothing. But that isn’t connected to the sensor in any way.
Plus... no other firmware version could be implemented in this case. The drone would not let me downgrade to another version. Once that new firmware took hold the brain of my machine gave up.
I should not have to pay for DJI’s firmware problems.
2018-10-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

marc6 Posted at 2018-10-11 11:40
...Plus... no other firmware version could be implemented in this case. The drone would not let me downgrade to another version. Once that new firmware took hold the brain of my machine gave up.
I should not have to pay for DJI’s firmware problems.

PhantomHelp has several links to instructions on how to successfully downgrade your FW any number of different ways.  You don't even want to look?  
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Sorry to read on this, Marc. If it is convenient, please kindly provide me with your case number to check what we can help. We'll hope to learn from the cases and keep improving our service.
2018-10-11
Use props
marc6
lvl.1

Mark The Droner Posted at 2018-10-11 12:21
PhantomHelp has several links to instructions on how to successfully downgrade your FW any number of different ways.  You don't even want to look?

I have been through all of them. I have done my due diligence.
2018-10-12
Use props
marc6
lvl.1

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-11 16:03
Sorry to read on this, Marc. If it is convenient, please kindly provide me with your case number to check what we can help. We'll hope to learn from the cases and keep improving our service.

CAS-2087982-L8M6C2

I have been waiting on a phone call from DJI for an entire day now. They told me I would receive a call in 15 minutes. It's been a full day now.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

marc6 Posted at 2018-10-12 03:34
CAS-2087982-L8M6C2

I have been waiting on a phone call from DJI for an entire day now. They told me I would receive a call in 15 minutes. It's been a full day now.

Marc, I believe you already received a call from a Supervisor. I can see that this has been forwarded to the higher team for further help. You will be contacted soon within working hours for a feedback. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules