Pixelation Issues with Pics (From SD Card)
1915 13 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SmithWake21
lvl.1

United States

Newbie Here, Sorry if its in the wrong place..

Having issues with the Pics from my Phantom.

Here is an example. Uploaded to Google Drive directly from my SD Card. The Pixelation does not show up in the Remote image, but on the High Quality saved copy on the SD card.
This just started last week and is on every image.

Pixelated Image

Anyone having the same issue? Any Ideas?
DJI Phantom 4
Iphone 7+
All updated
2018-10-11
Use props
TheLazyC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1357356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fortunately, I do not have that issue. Wouldn't know where to begin to troubleshoot, but I would try another microSD card, then change the resolution and reset your camera settings to default, each one step at the time to see if it clears up and what caused it.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi. Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that this issue is not occurring on the remote controller built-in screen? What SD card are you using? Have you tried to use a different SD card or re-format the current SD card that you're using? Have you tried to make a video to see if the issue will appear? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for the support.
2018-10-11
Use props
SmithWake21
lvl.1

United States

TheLazyC Posted at 2018-10-11 10:49
Fortunately, I do not have that issue. Wouldn't know where to begin to troubleshoot, but I would try another microSD card, then change the resolution and reset your camera settings to default, each one step at the time to see if it clears up and what caused it.

My mind immediately went to Interference as a possible cause. I have:
1. Changed batteries
2. Changed SD Cards
3. Reset the Gimbal in case there was an issue there.
4. Changed the Resolution.
5. Reset the Camera settings
6. Updated the Control, the App and the Phantom4 itself.
7. Checked for interference with the Prop Motors by taking pictures with the Phantom sitting on my
     desk with Rotors Off.

The first instance happened in a wooded area with minimal Electrical Lines, it repeats whether the drone is at distance or Close.
2018-10-11
Use props
SmithWake21
lvl.1

United States

DJI Tony Posted at 2018-10-11 10:51
Hi. Sorry for the troubles that it caused. I would like to clarify that this issue is not occurring on the remote controller built-in screen? What SD card are you using? Have you tried to use a different SD card or re-format the current SD card that you're using? Have you tried to make a video to see if the issue will appear? Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you for the support.

One of the SD cards is a Sandisk Ultra Plus 32gb. The other is similar.  It does not appear to be occuring on the Remote Control Screen (It may be too small in size to see there though. Have not reformatted the Cards because it occurs on Both. Not new cards, no issues until the first occurance then happens on Both.
2018-10-11
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

SmithWake21 Posted at 2018-10-11 10:59
One of the SD cards is a Sandisk Ultra Plus 32gb. The other is similar.  It does not appear to be occuring on the Remote Control Screen (It may be too small in size to see there though. Have not reformatted the Cards because it occurs on Both. Not new cards, no issues until the first occurance then happens on Both.

It is a camera sensor problem, there is nothing you can do to fix it yourself. The best course of action is to send it to DJI for repair. It has nothing to do with interference.
2018-10-11
Use props
ThatGuyJ
lvl.2
Flight distance : 650735 ft

On this forum today because I just. Started experiencing the same issues. Video feed is worse than stills.

P4
iPhone 7 and or iPad
Latest updates throughout
Full charged everything
2018-10-12
Use props
ThatGuyJ
lvl.2

Anyway to power cycle to clear? Any solution other than sending it in?
2018-10-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ThatGuyJ Posted at 2018-10-12 13:11
Anyway to power cycle to clear? Any solution other than sending it in?

How can we say when you do not give us anything to view? Upload a short piece of original camera material to Dropbox first....
2018-10-12
Use props
ThatGuyJ
lvl.2
United States

Apologies... this is present through still and video feeds.
CC45D12B-EA07-4795-A32D-D71622709700.jpeg
2018-10-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

ThatGuyJ Posted at 2018-10-12 19:42
Apologies... this is present through still and video feeds.

I answered you on your other thread, it is a camera fault. Sorry, but you need to send it to DJI for repair.
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

SmithWake21 Posted at 2018-10-11 10:59
One of the SD cards is a Sandisk Ultra Plus 32gb. The other is similar.  It does not appear to be occuring on the Remote Control Screen (It may be too small in size to see there though. Have not reformatted the Cards because it occurs on Both. Not new cards, no issues until the first occurance then happens on Both.

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply. Did you try to reset the camera settings? If yes, I would recommend restoring factory default and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant to see if there will be changes, however, if the troubleshooting won't work, I'm afraid that we have to send the unit to our facility.
2018-10-14
Use props
jacksrelaxed
New

United States

Same issue, I donot have this issue on the view finder it looks fine. This is from my sd card.
2019-9-1
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

jacksrelaxed Posted at 9-1 19:10
[view_image]

Same issue, I donot have this issue on the view finder it looks fine. This is from my sd card.

That looks like a processed panorama, who knows what settings you used to produce that. And it does not even vaguely look like trhe same issue as reported by the OP.
2019-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules