Footage Not Smooth
13549 28 2018-10-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansb02aa004
lvl.1

Footage from the Ronin-S is quite disappointing. I have included a DropBox link with some test footage. There are very noticeable soft jerks in the footage. Without any steps involved. My son who has been using this for the past 3 weeks is extremely frustrated. We own the Ronin-M and have no problems with it. It's almost like there is something wrong with the motors or something. Anyway, right now it is a boat anchor unless someone can help.
I have sent all relevant info to DJI

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g8ocd ... KpaTr5BmGKjApa?dl=0

2018-10-11
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

can say mine is not that bad, I'd say something is faulty with it.
2018-10-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to read on your post, may I know which camera you are using? Is the Ronin-S balanced properly? Does the gimbal shake when it is still? Did you try the Auto Tune? What is your current firmware? More details would be appreciated.
2018-10-12
Use props
fansb02aa004
lvl.1

Cameras used: Sony A7S 2 and the Canon 6D Mark II. It was on version V1.4.0.30 (updated to this after purchase). I just upgraded to the latest firmware last night and am going to try out some footage this morning (the previous upgrade did not fix the problem). I will repost in a couple of hours.

The gimbal does not shake when it is still.
It is balanced properly.
Yes, we have tried Auto-Tune.

Thank you for the quick response
2018-10-12
Use props
fansb02aa004
lvl.1

I have uploaded a new video drop box link    https://www.dropbox.com/sh/g8ocd ... KpaTr5BmGKjApa?dl=0        Video. C007.
No change at all. Almost worse
2018-10-12
Use props
fansb02aa004
lvl.1

Just to be clear. This is the latest firmware update. Sony A7s II camera. Properly balanced. We do own the Ronin-M and have had no problems.
As you can see from the latest video in the DropBox link above (Video C007) the footage shake is pretty bad. Pretty unusable when you need smooth gimbal footage.
2018-10-12
Use props
Tom Braider
New

Czechia

Same issue here.
Wondering if it's me but the balancing all says "excellent". Maybe we are the only ones in the world who got the faulty Ronin-S' buddy.
(Sony A7, no matter the lens and everything updated)
2018-10-23
Use props
Bobman007
lvl.1

Tom Braider Posted at 2018-10-23 08:49
Same issue here.
Wondering if it's me but the balancing all says "excellent". Maybe we are the only ones in the world who got the faulty Ronin-S' buddy.
(Sony A7, no matter the lens and everything updated)

After going through several series of troubleshooting it's looking like I will be sending it back to DJI.
Maybe there were just a few bad ones.
2018-10-23
Use props
hazz
lvl.2

Australia

Bobman007 Posted at 2018-10-23 18:32
After going through several series of troubleshooting it's looking like I will be sending it back to DJI.
Maybe there were just a few bad ones.

100% of them don't work like DJI said the would so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
2018-10-23
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 757976 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I have exactly the same issue. I'm talking to DJI for months and every time they send me new instructions.

Today I could solve one problem that the gimbal was not centred after pressing the trigger twice (they gave me few instructions to change parameters that they usually don't send to regular costumers) and it solved!

But about the stability is exactly like yours. I'm not a beginner and everything is perfectly balanced. I have other gimbals (one for cellphone and one drone handheld, like the GoPro Karma) and they are way better than the Ronin S. I also tested before the Moza Air from a friend and it was so much better than the Ronin that I have.

Cameras tested:
- Canon 5D Mark IV
- Canon 70D
- Fuji XT-2
- Nikon D5100
- Sony A6300
- Sony A7III

The best stability that I got was with the A7III because it has IBIS (In Body Image Stabilization), but when I turn the IBIS off the shakiness is exactly like all cameras.

Here is the link for the videos with and without IBIS:

With IBIS:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ak-cjMBDVaJazwrqxoJNLeCVOAtA

Without IBIS:
https://1drv.ms/v/s!Ak-cjMBDVaJazwkaSfaEmEg3n52k
2018-10-31
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

I just make a video with many footage from many cameras, lenses in different days. All of them have the same problem. Check it out:

2018-11-5
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
Flight distance : 41159547 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

raphael_bellizzi Posted at 11-5 19:26
I just make a video with many footage from many cameras, lenses in different days. All of them have the same problem. Check it out:

https://youtu.be/RgbT1YQ4dgM

Post a couple photos of your camera balanced on the Ronin-S.
2018-11-6
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Canada

DJI-Paul Posted at 11-6 01:02
Post a couple photos of your camera balanced on the Ronin-S.

Hi Paul,

I just made a video. It's better to see all the steps from the balancing:

2018-11-6
Use props
amorrison
lvl.3
Flight distance : 325230 ft
  • >>>
United States

I noticed you are running auto tune on the mid setting.  I found that for the GH5s i have  much smoother videos running autotune on the high setting.  This gives stronger motor support. With the mid setting the motors seem kind of weak to me.
2018-11-7
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Have you updated to the latest firmware? I’m asking because I’d like you to restore the gimbal to default settings on profile mode 1 and try shooting again. We optimized the profile 1 to be very smooth for SmoothTrack settings.

You’re video almost looks like the gimbal is following too tight with almost no deadband. It’s following every tiny movement you make.
2018-11-7
Use props
Kanaye Shogun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 335062 ft
  • >>>
Croatia

DJI-Paul Posted at 2018-11-7 22:52
Have you updated to the latest firmware? I’m asking because I’d like you to restore the gimbal to default settings on profile mode 1 and try shooting again. We optimized the profile 1 to be very smooth for SmoothTrack settings.

You’re video almost looks like the gimbal is following too tight with almost no deadband. It’s following every tiny movement you make.

I have the same problem...is there any solution for this?
2019-2-15
Use props
ManningBartlett
New
Australia

I got my Ronin yesterday and am having similar issues.

The camera is perfectly balanced, but the footage basically looks handheld. I am open to any suggestions.

EDIT - apparently I am not allowed to post a Youtube clip. The Youtube ID is Qi86D-cGexE
2019-3-23
Use props
ManningBartlett
New
Australia

Apparently I am allowed to post the YouTube link now.

https://youtu.be/Qi86D-cGexE
2019-3-23
Use props
DJI-Paul
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Get some screenshots of your motor settings page and also a photo of your balanced camera on the gimbal. This will allow us to evaluate your setup.
2019-3-24
Use props
fans706462da
New

United States

amorrison Posted at 2018-11-7 05:31
I noticed you are running auto tune on the mid setting.  I found that for the GH5s i have  much smoother videos running autotune on the high setting.  This gives stronger motor support. With the mid setting the motors seem kind of weak to me.

Im on the gh5s as well and i swear ive auto tuned high and even increased the strength from there. Still shaky
2019-5-2
Use props
Droogles
lvl.2

United States

Why is DJI taking months to resolve these issues for people? I am having the same issue with my Ronin-S

https://forum.dji.com/thread-188440-1-1.html
2019-5-6
Use props
Chris_E
lvl.3
Flight distance : 243474 ft
  • >>>
Germany

If your balancing is 100% correct and you still get shaky footage, return it. It's that simple.
2019-5-7
Use props
Airtherapy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 13937 ft
Latvia

Hello, i have same problem! every step can see in footage!
A7m3 + 55 1.8

Balance 3 axis - excellent!
default settings, auto tune, restore and more ...

DJI please find solution.
2019-5-8
Use props
Tima_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1110312 ft
  • >>>
Ukraine

Same issue
2019-5-27
Use props
deadstick
lvl.1
United States

I have owned many DJI products especially your gimbals. I am an expert in gimbal use and setup.  After having purchased the ronin-S I cannot get smooth footage from the unit.  I am using the Ronin-S on a cable cam so it is smoother motion than walking, yet the gimbal cannot keep the camera steady. The ronin M we have works better so I am worried that I was sent a defective unit or that DJi has not made a gimbal that has as good as stabilization as even the Ronin M.  Please advise me on what my options are.  Thank you.
2019-8-5
Use props
djiuser_uSJPRLdGBuXM
New

United States

I am having issues with this too. It has even more trouble with slow movements especially in lock mode. It hops and skips.
My zhiyun crane 2 Is smooth as butter and I herd the Ronin s is better and I have not seen this to be true yet. I have tried everything. Calibration, Auto-Tune low medium and high, balance tests. And it still doesn't seem to fix the problems. I've read that there is no minimum payload but I think the Ronin s has trouble with smaller cameras like my Fuji xt3. so I tried a larger lens with the battery grip and still no dice.
With the zhiyun crane 2 all I have to is balance and select the correct Moto power low medium or high and I'm good to go.
With the more complex setup of the Ronin S you would think it should dial in even better. So I must be doing something wrong with the Ronin.
2019-8-6
Use props
djiuser_uSJPRLdGBuXM
New

United States

I even called customer support and refreshed the firmware. This still did not work. Sorry if anyone else is having this issue. There seams to be no solution.
2019-8-6
Use props
Tejveer Singh
New

India

Pls Check my Footage and tell Guys i Just Got it on the 18th August and i may return it it i have the Same Issue
youtu.be/oW9FTNRHrB0[/url]
2019-8-19
Use props
raphael_bellizzi
lvl.3
  • >>>
Portugal

It has been more than a year that I got this problem and until now it’s unsolved. That’s just ridiculous. I could hide the problem putting the strength to the maximum and using the in body stabilization, lens stabilization and warp stabilization but this is also ridiculous. It should be smooth like simple gimbals.
2020-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules