Original DJI Goggles Throttle Mavic 2 Potential Signal Strength
871 1 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I remember reading a thread a few days back in which the O.P. questioned the flight signal strength of the Mavic 2 after being connected to a pair of DJI Goggles (original white edition).  Unfortunately I can't find it now, but in it the O.P. mentioned his Mavic 2 signal strength had changed since linking his DJI Goggles.  I was interested because I had linked my white Goggles to my Mavic 2 Pro, and when I did this a message appeared on the Goggles screen very briefly that said something about the signal mode, but it vanished before I could read it properly.

Anyway, I think that in the thread it was decided that the Mavic 2 flight signal strength would be in 2.4GHz mode when the Goggles were used and would be in Dual band (2.4Ghz and 5.8GHz) the rest of the time.  I've also read the opinion that the Mavic 2 flight signal strength isn't affected at all by the linking of a pair of original white DJI Goggles because their wireless link is with the drone and not the transmitter.

Due to my experience flying with my original Goggles and the various signal issues I've encountered I wasn't convinced, and after a look through the menu of the new firmware it seems that once the original White DJI Goggles (that only work on the 2.4GHz waveband) are linked to a Mavic 2 the drone is instantly unable to use Dual Band transmission or the 5.8GHz wave band.  You have to re-link the controller with the Mavic to be able to utilise Dual Band transmission at any time, even when the original white DJI Goggles aren't connected.

I'm interested to discover the transmission difference between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz here in the UK, so will probably re-link my controller and test the potential distance with either mode selected.  It'd also be interesting to find out the signal strength difference/live video distance achieved between the original DJI Goggles and the RE Goggles.

DJO-Goggles-throttles-Mavic-2-Signal-Strength.jpg
2018-10-12
Use props
MrTitan
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Ironically, moments after posting the above I had to re-link my DJI Goggles with the Mavic 2 following an annoying issue Assistant 2.  The Firmware was showing as being the current version whilst also needing to be upgraded to the newest version!?  After downgrading and upgrading firmwares the issue was resolved and I had to relink the Goggles with the M2 Pro, so I thought this times I'm capture a screen grab.

So for anyone wondering what the deal was regarding the ocusync 2 wave band compatibility after linking your standard white 2.4GHz DJI Goggle, the answer is the Mavic 2 drone will be permanently locked to the 2.4GHz band - until you re-link the controller with the drone at least.

2018-10-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules