Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Which would you buy: M, MX or S?
820 7 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4
Flight distance : 573310 ft

I got some good deals on these 3. The MX being more expensive, of course, but something I can reach. I'm really towards the S because I think it would be easier to shoot on tighter places like inside a car and it has the controls right in your fingers (and cheapper, if the other aspects dont matter). But I have no experience with gimbals other than on my drone. So, overall, what do you suggest?
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there. I appreciate your time bringing this query to us. I recommend the Ronin-MX. Since it includes all the functionality of the Ronin and Ronin-M.  i.e.  Three Operation Modes, built-in receiver, and remote control, and is also compatible with DJI Assistant 2 and DJI GO, for controlling gimbal settings. But if you want to have portable and convenient to use, I suggest you go with the Ronin-S. Should you have further question, please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks for choosing DJI.
2018-10-12
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the S, don't purchase. It's a conglomeration of software bugs at best.  
2018-10-12
Use props
Mabou2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 811257 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well, here is another differing opinion.  I own the MX and the S.  I would recommend the S.  The S is by far the better deal unless your goal is to fly a larger camera than the S can hold.  The MX is almost old technology at this point.  The gimbal is awesome, but the functionality is lacking compared to the S.  Basically, the MX is just a gimbal and you have VERY little control over that gimbal.  Part of the cost of the MX is for its ability to be mounted on a large drone, but if that is not part of what you want, the S is a far more capable gimbal,  it has a bunch of operating modes, is lighter weight, is easier to handle, and is faster to set up.  
2018-10-12
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Wisdom Tooth Posted at 2018-10-12 17:55

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind providing better details about your experience?
2018-10-13
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Wisdom Tooth Posted at 2018-10-12 17:55

Thanks for your reply. Would you mind providing better details about your experience?
2018-10-13
Use props
Ulysses Paiva
lvl.4

Mabou2 Posted at 2018-10-12 23:11
Well, here is another differing opinion.  I own the MX and the S.  I would recommend the S.  The S is by far the better deal unless your goal is to fly a larger camera than the S can hold.  The MX is almost old technology at this point.  The gimbal is awesome, but the functionality is lacking compared to the S.  Basically, the MX is just a gimbal and you have VERY little control over that gimbal.  Part of the cost of the MX is for its ability to be mounted on a large drone, but if that is not part of what you want, the S is a far more capable gimbal,  it has a bunch of operating modes, is lighter weight, is easier to handle, and is faster to set up.

Thanks! That is about my thinking so far.
2018-10-13
Use props
Wisdom Tooth
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1535308 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ulysses Paiva Posted at 2018-10-13 05:04

Here and here.
2018-10-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules