Nikon D850 and Ronin S
1537 7 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grtday
lvl.2
United States

What a bloody nightmare and exercise in frustration.I've viewed EVERY YouTube and DJI video on setting up the Ronin S.  None of them addressed a Nikon D850.  The D850 setup shouldn't be that different from a Canon or Sony, but it didn't work.  
I could not get the Ronin S to even BEGIN to balance.

Last eve, I did the firmware update and hoped that would solve something.

NADA.
After 3-5 hours of trying to get this bloody thing to begin balancing, I gave up and requested an RMA from DJI.
I wish it would have worked.  I could have used it!
2018-10-12
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4

More info would help.  

Can you not get it balanced with the motors off or when the Ronin is powered up?
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

I'm sorry to read on the mishap, Grtday. As you had sent the unit in, the local team will help when they receive it. Hope you can get the unit back soon, and if there is any assistance needed during the repair, please feel free to let us know.​
2018-10-12
Use props
Grtday
lvl.2

FlySD Posted at 2018-10-12 07:47
More info would help.  

Can you not get it balanced with the motors off or when the Ronin is powered up?

Everything I read said to do it unpowered and then turn the power on.
Still nothing from DJI
2018-10-12
Use props
Grtday
lvl.2

DJI Diana Posted at 2018-10-12 12:03
I'm sorry to read on the mishap, Grtday. As you had sent the unit in, the local team will help when they receive it. Hope you can get the unit back soon, and if there is any assistance needed during the repair, please feel free to let us know.​

I sent in a request to return it for credit.  
I have not heard back from DJI re: the return.
Who should I talk with?
Thanks Diana!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Grtday Posted at 2018-10-12 12:17
I sent in a request to return it for credit.  
I have not heard back from DJI re: the return.
Who should I talk with?

Hi Grtday, sorry for the troubles with Ronin-S, I managed to check your email via your Forum account and our support team has replied the email.
Before sending in, I would like to make a brief troubleshooting, upon checking your serial number, your Ronin-S hasn't been activated, therefore, it will not stabilize itself even though you have physically balanced it before you power on, could you please refer to the screenshot below to activate the device first to try again? GTScreenshot_20181013_112608.png
2018-10-12
Use props
vallala
New
India

Hi, I am not able to setup the Ronin S to my Nikon D850. As soon as I connect the cable to the Camera, my view finder on the Camera goes blank and I am not able to record or control the camera from the Ronin
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

vallala Posted at 7-25 18:03
Hi, I am not able to setup the Ronin S to my Nikon D850. As soon as I connect the cable to the Camera, my view finder on the Camera goes blank and I am not able to record or control the camera from the Ronin

Which cable are you using? Please ensure the firmware of Ronin-S and camera are the latest version. Please check the details of how to setup here: https://www.dji.com/support/compatibility/ronin-s/d850
2020-7-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules