Warranty repair woes....
901 9 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3770 ft

I am currently in the throes of that sinking feeling when one moves over from owners of functioning devices to owners with a warranty issue.  Prior to sending my Spark in for warranty service, I checked the pulse of others that have gone before me.  Unfortunately it was shaded to the negative side.  The radio failed on my Spark as it would not connect to my remote (RC) or my smartphone.  Prior to sending in my Spark, I called the warranty service number asking which components I should include in my package to DJI.  I was told to remove batteries and props, and also include the RC.  In the interest of helping keep things organized, I printed my case number (CAS-2286211 - K6Q0B1) twice on a P Touch label maker, and attached one to each othe items I sent - aircraft and RC.  

I was very pleaseed to learn that it was determined that the radio had apparently failed, and the entire repair would be covered by warranty.  I was sent a replacement for the aircraft - Fantastic!  When the return package arrived it only contained a black foam travel case with a Spark in it, but NO RC!  Dread, horror, suckiness.

I contacted DJI twice since and am now being told the RC was included in my return package. It was not.  I don't even see hjow it could've been included, since the box used - with its 3 windings of bubble wrap took up the whole box.

I purchased a $500 plus aircraft....I don't need to swindle anyone out of a remote control.

After checking twice, I can only postulate that there is now a remote control for sale on Ebay somewhere in the Grapevine TX area.

Currently waiting on a call from someone further up the chain, but I don't forsee a positive outcome.

Not happy.   Very troublesome.

2018-10-12
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Hold on and let the admins try to straighten your mess out.
2018-10-12
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

On the plus side.. at least you are not having issues connecting to the RC anymore.............
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi Peter, I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I was able to review the case and can see that our facility was able to include the RC on the package that was shipped back to you. But don't worry, we have forwarded this to the higher team and you'll be contacted within working hours for feedback. Thanks for your cooperation.
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl
lvl.1

Note:*** These are all pictures of a box that I previously opened, the small pieces of tape are merely to hold the flaps closed for the picture.  
As you can hopefully see, there isn't even room for the RC in this box.  The foam travel case with the Spark - wrapped 3X with bubble wrap take up the whole box.

"I was able to review the case and can see that our facility was able to include the RC on the package that was shipped back to you."

What you "see" in your review is that someone reported (claimed) to include an RC. There was-not-one-in-the-box.  
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl Posted at 2018-10-12 11:57
[view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image][view_image]

Note:*** These are all pictures of a box that I previously opened, the small pieces of tape are merely to hold the flaps closed for the picture.  

Hi Peter, thanks for the pictures, Diana has escalated your concern to the appropriate team for double verification, we will have someone to contact you in working hours soon, please wait patiently, thank you.
2018-10-12
Use props
djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl
lvl.1

Hedsic Posted at 2018-10-12 10:22
On the plus side.. at least you are not having issues connecting to the RC anymore.............

This is true.  Don't know if I'll get out of the drone business altogether, this is very sobering.  I am out of the DJI business - that's for sure.  This Keystone Cops performance is unacceptable for a company whose lowest priced item is $300-500.  They won't even acknowledge that I am not trying to scam them out of something, and that my RC has been misplaced.  
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 19:46
Hi Peter, thanks for the pictures, Diana has escalated your concern to the appropriate team for double verification, we will have someone to contact you in working hours soon, please wait patiently, thank you.

Please, you keep it.  Another windfall from wearing down the unsuspecting customer.

I know it will turn up, and your response will be inadequate.

I'M OUT.....
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl
lvl.1

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-10-12 19:46

What model is the RC for the Spark?

I am going to purchase another elsewhere.

Surely someone has that info around.
2018-10-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

djiuser_VYu4FGGF3wRl Posted at 2018-10-17 07:10
Please, you keep it.  Another windfall from wearing down the unsuspecting customer.

I know it will turn up, and your response will be inadequate.

We're sorry to hear about the frustration, Peter. The appropriate team will contact you soon within working hours for feedback regarding this concern. We appreciate your cooperation.
2018-10-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules