Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal motor overload problem on Mavic 2 Pro
12Next >
21621 42 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
artheck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 536900 ft
  • >>>
Poland

Hi,
I have purchased my DJI Mavic 2 Pro 11 days ago and I'm very impresssed with it. I've been flying DJI drones since Phantom 2 and I find M2P a big improvement overall. However, during the first flights I noticed problems with the gimbal. First of all, when I'm flying towards left or right, the horizon line doesn't stay straight. When I stop, the camera eventually manages to regain the straight horizon line.
Secondly, what happened to me maybe 5 times now during different flights, the camera starts moving uncontrolled, goes crazy for maybe 10-15 seconds and when I stop the aircraft in the air it eventually stabilises again.

I have contacted my dealer and they asked me to send it back to DJI. I tried their online support, but it is currently unavailable, so I'm writing here.  I've had similar problem on the 1st gen Mavic Pro, and now I got this.
Horizon problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/cP9mFE7xRvUVkwkKA
Gimbal motor overload problem: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yk4QxYvqyxJyH4XX9

Thanks in advance for your help.

2018-10-12
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Forgot to say, I have calibrated the IMU, Compass, the Gimbal - no luck. Running the very latest firmware (released on the 11th of October 2018)
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hello. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I just want to clarify, have you tried to calibrate your gimbal? Also, may I know if the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro is updated to the latest version? Thanks.
2018-10-12
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-12 10:56
Hello. We're sorry for the inconvenience caused. I just want to clarify, have you tried to calibrate your gimbal? Also, may I know if the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro is updated to the latest version? Thanks.

Hi Natalia, thanks for prompt reply.

Yes I have.  Calibrated the IMU, Compass, the gimbal. Yesterday I have uploaded the firmware but unfortunately no luck. The video https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yk4QxYvqyxJyH4XX9 has been shot yesterday, with the latest firmware onboard. There was no strong wind.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

artheck Posted at 2018-10-12 11:00
Hi Natalia, thanks for prompt reply.

Yes I have.  Calibrated the IMU, Compass, the gimbal. Yesterday I have uploaded the firmware but unfortunately no luck. The video https://photos.app.goo.gl/Yk4QxYvqyxJyH4XX9 has been shot yesterday, with the latest firmware onboard. There was no strong wind.

Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro via DJI Assistant 2? Then after that, please test so we can check. Thank you.
2018-10-12
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Natalia Posted at 2018-10-12 11:07
Hi, thanks for your reply. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your Mavic 2 Pro via DJI Assistant 2? Then after that, please test so we can check. Thank you.

OK, I'll do it tonight and test fly tomorrow, so I'll get back within 24 hours.  Speak soon!
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

artheck Posted at 2018-10-12 11:11
OK, I'll do it tonight and test fly tomorrow, so I'll get back within 24 hours.  Speak soon!

No worries. Please keep us posted.
2018-10-12
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Hi Natalia,
I actually just managed to go through the whole procedure. Unfortunately I've got bad news. The problem is still there. I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant form the DJI website, refreshed the firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro  v01.00.01.00, did the IMU and gimbal calibrations, reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app on my Ipad Pro and did a test flight. As I started flying left, the gimbal went unstable again and after few seconds I got the Gimbal Motor Overloaded error. Please see the screenshot from my iPad: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Fb/view?usp=sharing
Does this situation qualify for the DOA service? I've only had my Mavic 2 Pro for 11 days...
One more thing - I often get the High Wind Velocity warning, while there is literally no wind tonight. I understand at 100 m AGL  there will be wind, but not this strong.
I look forward to hearing from you.
2018-10-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

artheck Posted at 2018-10-12 12:02
Hi Natalia,
I actually just managed to go through the whole procedure. Unfortunately I've got bad news. The problem is still there. I downloaded the latest DJI Assistant form the DJI website, refreshed the firmware on my Mavic 2 Pro  v01.00.01.00, did the IMU and gimbal calibrations, reinstalled the DJI Go 4 app on my Ipad Pro and did a test flight. As I started flying left, the gimbal went unstable again and after few seconds I got the Gimbal Motor Overloaded error. Please see the screenshot from my iPad: https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... Fb/view?usp=sharing
Does this situation qualify for the DOA service? I've only had my Mavic 2 Pro for 11 days...

Hi there, I would recommend you to contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav) Our support team will ask you some details of your product for us to check if you can be qualified on DOA . Don't worry, we have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-13
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

DJI Paladin Posted at 2018-10-13 03:25
Hi there, I would recommend you to contact our support team to start up a case: (https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav) Our support team will ask you some details of your product for us to check if you can be qualified on DOA . Don't worry, we have the professional data analysis team who would do their best to find out the reason of the issue and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.

Thanks, I did. I will keep you posted.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

artheck Posted at 2018-10-14 10:11
Thanks, I did. I will keep you posted.

You're welcome. I will wait for your update.
2018-10-14
Use props
Eric13
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

That may be a stupid question since you are experienced. But I'm wondering about the bad quality of the video and photo.
Did you leave by any chance the camera protector cap on?
2018-10-14
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

Eric13 Posted at 2018-10-14 12:18
That may be a stupid question since you are experienced. But I'm wondering about the bad quality of the video and photo.
Did you leave by any chance the camera protector cap on?

The quality is bad due to the compression. I have never left the protector cap on, so this is not the case.
The drone is now on its way to DJI Service Center in Holland, I hope the issue gets fixed. As I can see from other posts, there are other people that have the same problem with this model.
Apart from this - it is a great drone.
2018-10-22
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

wow, what a sad story!
2018-10-25
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

A quick update on my case. I have written to support and I was asked to send the unit back to the service center in Netherlands.  The email support I received was very good.
I was informed my case qualifies for the DOA procedure and once my unit is checked I will get a replacement unit sent.

I have received the UPS label last Thursday, the 18th and I have sent the unit. On Tuesday the  23rd the package was delivered to DJI. I know this, as I had the UPS tracking number. Two-three hours later I have received an email:

"Dear Customer,
The item sent to DJI for exchange has been received. Your case number is CAS-[....] and your replacement is expected to be sent to you in 5 working days. Click Repair Progress Inquiry or use the DJI GO App to view the exchange progress. Thank you for choosing DJI.
Product Details:
Product Name        Serial Number        Quantity
Spark Finished Product (EU + White)        163DF9A001W5KT        1

This is an automated email. Please do not reply to this message. Email sent to this address cannot be answered. "

SPARK? Why Spark, I never had DJI Spark, I want my MAVIC 2 Pro, not Spark!
I called the support immediately, they checked it, said there was a mistake, and an hour or two later I received another email:

"Hello Artur,

Good day!

I've coordinated your concern to our Logistic Team and confirmed that they received the Mavic 2 Pro. They also, resend you the email with the correct model of the aircraft. Hope this will give you peace of mind and everything is all clear.

Have a great day! [...]"

OK, I said to myself, now everything is sorted, I will just wait for the package to arrive. I was wrong!

Today I have received a package from DJI. I have opened it only to find my old faulty unit! They have sent it back. The aircraft is in worse condition than when I sent it, the gimbal has much more transport scratches than before. I am so dissapointed!!!!

I have called the support and they asked me to send photos and the email. They confirmed I was supposed to receive a new replacement unit, so this is definitely a mistake.
What a shame, I planned to take my new Mavic 2 Pro on my holidays, but as I'm leaving in two days it will not be possible anymore. I am really, really sad now.

2018-10-25
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Wow... utter incompetence from Dji.
2018-10-26
Use props
fans01704c6f
lvl.1
United States

Did you end up resolving this issue? Having the same problem.
2018-11-17
Use props
artheck
lvl.2
  • >>>
Poland

fans01704c6f Posted at 11-17 21:41
Did you end up resolving this issue? Having the same problem.

As I was going on holidays, I decided to keep the returned unit, as I chose to deal with occasional errors rather than not having a drone at all.
After the unit came back from repair something has changed, as the error din't pop up anymore, however the gimbal gets unstable from time to time in strong wind. I decided to live with it for the time being, hoping the problem might be fixed in the firmware update. If not, I will send it back for a repair in winter when I don't use the drone as often as now.
Hope you will have more luck than me!
2018-11-18
Use props
Pavel.Donev
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1004383 ft
Ireland

And I have the same problem! The DJI told me to send my dron back! They sent me a bill of lading! I sent him and he has not arrived for seven days. I will write as I have information about my cases.The video clearly shows that there is a problem with the stabilization of the camera.
I hope everything is fine and I will fly again soon.

https://youtu.be/oHn0qOI7AuY
2018-11-18
Use props
KZJ70
lvl.1

Italy

Same problem. I sent the drone in warranty assistance
2019-1-14
Use props
fans57f8bc7d
New

Spain

Hello, i have  the same problem with mavic 2 pro. When Mavis is on fly, and I move on the right and left... then the gimbal show Overload motor error. Is the first fly, and all updated. The Mavic have 4 days.
I think that problem is Gimbal.
2019-1-20
Use props
fans7b05aee2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369974 ft
Russia

У меня такая же проблема это явный брак с карданом, написал в службу поддержки аот несколько моих ссылок вот тут явная связь выключения подвеса из за включения двигателей   https://yadi.sk/i/46KcQcc1We--eQ и еще одно видео в воздухе думал что ветер  https://yadi.sk/i/rhs5EeFjH5mFdQ и так повторяется через раз.... Очень грустно(((
2019-3-3
Use props
spasov_konstantin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21083 ft
Russia

Have the same problem, already created a separate topic with a lot of examples, but nobody answer from DJI side. Just ignorance....
2019-3-10
Use props
Roman939
lvl.2
Flight distance : 369974 ft
Russia

DJI you have already had similar repairs, tell me what's wrong? You have many drones were sent with this problem!
2019-3-10
Use props
fans86419830
New

Slovakia

Exactly same problem with my Mavic 2 Pro. My friend has same issue too. Seems to be a much more massive problem that it seems. It just that not all people will warranty due to that.
2019-6-9
Use props
GDS1
lvl.1

Canada

I’ve been having the same issue this is the third time I tried recalibrating updated firmware etc. Doesn’t look too good that this many people are having trouble with the same thing.
2019-7-21
Use props
w.d.mitchell
New
United Kingdom

GDS1 Posted at 7-21 21:11
I’ve been having the same issue this is the third time I tried recalibrating updated firmware etc. Doesn’t look too good that this many people are having trouble with the same thing.

Hi,
I am also having this problem and need some advice on how I might resolve it (if that is possible). First, a bit of background.
I purchased the Mavic 2 Pro about five weeks ago in Perth Australia where I live. Flew it about six times in calm conditions and was very impressed. I bought the drone to take with me to UK and Europe on a 2 month holiday. I am in the UK now, and on my first flight (also in calm conditions) got the dreaded gimbal motor overload message. Now on startup, the gimbal vibrates, then thrashes about for about 20 seconds.
Firmware is all unto date. I factory reset the drone and attempted to calibrate the gimbal, but the process only got to 10%.
I contacted DJI Support who advised the following in three separate emails:-
1. As I purchased the drone in Australia, I have to send it back there to get repaired;
2. DJI then offered to have it repaired at one of their authorised repairers, at my cost; and finally,
3. If I proceed to have the drone repaired in the UK, then the warranty obligations would shift to the repairer (i.e. I would void my DJI warranty in Australia.

As this is a known problem, I was expecting at least aI phone call from DJI to talk through some possible remedies, and a more sympathetic approach given my circumstances. But nothing helpful or practical.

Does anyone know of a potential fix for this problem? I'm pretty gutted to have this happen at the beginning of my holidays, and with DJI's appalling attitude.
2019-8-7
Use props
djiuser_g3QNwRRHnhUX
New

Portugal

I am having the same problem... I don't know what to do....
2019-9-1
Use props
djiuser_EBoacH5ov8Y6
lvl.1

United States

I have a Mavic 2 Pro... same issue! All firmware updated... calibrate the drone right off... but in the air when I move... camera will shift not level with the horizen. I also fly a Phantom 4... never any issues with that system!
2019-10-23
Use props
fans36f0f587
lvl.1

Brazil

Hello, i have  the same problem with mavic 2 pro.
2019-11-3
Use props
slimharry
lvl.4
Flight distance : 720446 ft
Canada

same thing happend to me with the MP, they sent me a refurbished drone for 133$ USD. I then lost the drone on the first flight attempt due to loss of connection...DJI offers 30% on a MP..Not happy at all!
2019-11-4
Use props
Tonive
lvl.1
Flight distance : 167339 ft
Netherlands

I have the same problem, also the camera don't record in DLog. I have no idea what is happening.
2019-11-17
Use props
djiuser_7F5bhyy2wuRL
New
Flight distance : 144511 ft
Austria

Hi same problem with my unit. I crashed it  send it in they fixed it. At least i thougt so. Suddenly when i decrease altitude Gibal starts shaking as hell. So i landed restart everything and i works just fine. This issue is not permanent in my case but it's a pain in the ass.

Off course i tryed updates and calibrations with no success. So i think i have to send it in.
2019-11-30
Use props
everywhere4jcgmail.com
New
Flight distance : 396991 ft
United States

I have the same problem also. This is ridiculous! Why does DJI not build a solid product! I have 8 different drones from dji and it seems several of them always have an issue! Really sad about this.
2020-1-14
Use props
everywhere4jcgmail.com
New
Flight distance : 396991 ft
United States

No responses since my comment.
2020-2-3
Use props
James<3
lvl.2
United States

and now am in this thread because few days in am getting this overload message
2020-7-13
Use props
kovat53
lvl.4
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

James<3 Posted at 7-13 20:33
and now am in this thread because few days in am getting this overload message

May I ask you, have you upgraded firmware (1.00.0670)?
2020-7-13
Use props
Korkkari
New
Flight distance : 61421 ft
Finland

Old topic.. Has everyone found solution for this problem?
I did crash my mavic in last october, it fell down 2 metres to concrete, one bent landing leg and minor scrathes to gimbal bottom. Cause accident was caused for my own stupidity it took while that inspiration was back to that hobby.
I searched what to do after crash, and calibrated everything and got the latest firmware updates. After that i got occasionally gimbal motor overload alarms, seems that it's temperature or wind speed related thing?
I did succesful video shooting yesterday about 5x 5 min runs without errors, today temperature was lower and quite windy conditions, got several overload errors.
Cause could be that crash, no errors before that... , but has anyone tested downgrading firmware?
2021-4-3
Use props
omid ab
lvl.1

Germany

2021-9-6
Use props
1dragonclaw
lvl.1

United States

Hi, I'm having the same issue after less than a year of owning this drone. I love the drone otherwise, however, when I'm shooting a video that's supposed to be extremely stable, I often have to land, recalibrate, and restart due to the gimbal motor overloading. I've had no crashes, and keep the drone in a highly protective case instead of the standard shoulder sling bag. I've recalibrated the camera so many times, I'm afraid of corrupting data if I do it anymore, and have even tried updating Via the DJI assistant. does anyone have a good fix for this that doesn't involve sending my drone in for costly repairs, and being down a drone until the new drone arrives?
2021-9-20
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules