Taking stills in succession
421 5 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
offtheback
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13086942 ft
United States

Hi All-mavic 2 Pro set to JPG+Raw Sandsik 64 GB Extreme UHS-1 Class 10 UHS 3.After I take a still,shutter 1/100 or faster it takes 2+ seconds before I can take another.When I set it to 3 or 5 in burst/sequential it takes those quickly but I have to wait maybe 5 seconds before I can take another photo.Is this normal or do I have something set wrong?

2018-10-12
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

I'd say it is normal. The Hasselblad software does a lot of on board processing and produces great results out of the box.
2018-10-12
Use props
FlyDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1636286 ft
Denmark

It also takes a couple of seconds with a M(1)P. I have my second MP now, and it's the same as with the first one - believe it normal.
2018-10-12
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
United States

Wachtberger Posted at 2018-10-12 13:43
I'd say it is normal. The Hasselblad software does a lot of on board processing and produces great results out of the box.

Don't know if that gap would be shortened if I shot in raw only as there is less or no processing.I'll try.i still wonder why 5 shots can be taken on sequential and then the processing takes place.My logic? says you can take 5 individual shots quickly(not as fast as sequential) and wait for the processing to be done.
2018-10-12
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
Netherlands

Tried it with my MP and compared it to the MP2. Not much difference, so I would say it is normal. I think it is just all about storing it in the requested format, not so much about taking the picture itself. But maybe DJI can confirm?
2018-10-12
Use props
offtheback
lvl.4
United States

Sky Carrier Posted at 2018-10-12 23:09
Tried it with my MP and compared it to the MP2. Not much difference, so I would say it is normal. I think it is just all about storing it in the requested format, not so much about taking the picture itself. But maybe DJI can confirm?

I posed the question to DJI tech support.i got this as an answer                                                              "Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.
We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with your Mavic 2 Pro.

You may check on camera settings of your app. Change the shutter speed to your desired speed.
Or if this is still not working under camera settings still , try to change the storage to Internal storage.
Should you have further questions please feel free to contact us.
Thank you for choosing DJI.

Best Regards,
Sherrie
DJI Technical Support

This answers nothing.Any photographers out there will know what I'm talking about.Not expecting high end DSLR speed but I have a Canon point n shoot that's much faster.Any other ideas anyone about an explanation as I guess that's the way it is but I'm curious.In JPG only about a 2 second lag.In raw and in raw+jpg about 3 seconds.Seems oddly long.
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules