6249 60 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

Peo93 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:19
I just updated the firmware on M2P and controller.. obstacle avoidance didn't work or warn me, so my Mavic flew sideways into a huge wall with 38 km/h .. Have anyone else had any issues with obstacle avoidance after the update? Flying with Iphone

Yes, seems this is a common issue.
2018-10-17
Use props
Brentjuh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115728 ft
Netherlands

Yep, android users are not able to update via cellphone, and via Dji Assistant you can update the mavic 2.  Obstacle Avoidance doesnt work while mavic 2 is on ground, while you flying it will turn on the sensors.
2018-10-17
Use props
fansc4a250be
lvl.2
Flight distance : 548898 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am on android. My OA icon at the top is red when on the ground. No radar either when on the ground (others say theirs does work on the ground). Haven't yet test flown to see if it does come on.
2018-10-17
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-18
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft
France

El Diablo Posted at 2018-10-18 00:05
I updated the drone yesterday using my iphone X. Some have reported that the obsticle avoidance sensors icon is inactive while on the ground or that their settings got lost... Had neither of those issues. Everything seems fine so far. i believe that (like always) Android users are experiencing the majority of the bugs...

i would like to give all of you a friendly advise, especially for people travelling or being on the field. Why don't skipping the update all together if you know that your Android device normally has issues with your drone? i would never try an update while on holidays or photo / business trip if my drone is working normally unless the added feature(s) are a must have.

thank you for sharing your experience, I still didn't jump in this new firmware but I think I'm going to update my M2P.
2018-10-18
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Germany

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2018-10-18
Use props
Fre Mo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 803868 ft

Just made the firmware upgrade with dji go 4 app on iOS, no problem. My sensors are also green.
2018-10-18
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Peo93 Posted at 2018-10-17 05:19
I just updated the firmware on M2P and controller.. obstacle avoidance didn't work or warn me, so my Mavic flew sideways into a huge wall with 38 km/h .. Have anyone else had any issues with obstacle avoidance after the update? Flying with Iphone

Hmmm Try reading the manual.

At 38klm an hour I guess you weren't in tripod mode.

Side obstacle avoidance only works in some not all flight modes.

Cheers

2018-10-19
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

fansc4a250be Posted at 2018-10-17 11:24
I am on android. My OA icon at the top is red when on the ground. No radar either when on the ground (others say theirs does work on the ground). Haven't yet test flown to see if it does come on.

My sensors work fine on the ground. All green before take off.
2018-10-20
Use props
Elmo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 36598 ft
Ireland

I had the same issue most on android had. wouldnt work on the phone but it has with DJI Assistant
2018-10-20
Use props
phil-ischl
New
Flight distance : 175830 ft
Austria

Problems I'm suffering since update:
-Tripod doesn't work anymore
-Gimbal isn't able to stabilize
-flight behaviour is aggressive -> I didn't change my settings they are the same as before updating

anybody else with this problems?
2018-10-22
Use props
04in719
lvl.3
Flight distance : 151 ft
  • >>>
United States

Already owned a M2Zoom, just got a M2Pro as well.
Trying to upgrade to latest firmware but it's telling me I'm already at the latest firmware (01.00.0000). I've rebooted AC and RC and restarted app. It checks the server and says it's the latest.
I thought 01.00.0100 was the latest??
Also, updated RC to 01.00.0000 no problem. But M2P won't connect to PC (same PC I connect my M2Z with no issues). I hear the drivers installing/uninstalling over and over again.u

~Ed
2018-10-22
Use props
Meandow
lvl.1
Sweden

For some reason I am not getting any values sent to controller/phone, it just says N/A on battery, velocity, speed etc. Tried refreshing update and everything.
2018-10-22
Use props
damoUK
Second Officer
Flight distance : 693038 ft
United Kingdom

We need an option for "I haven't dared risk the update yet!"
2018-10-22
Use props
djiuser_iw7dcKEQ1ykU
lvl.1
Flight distance : 6453 ft
France

Hello!

i have updated my firmware with success using DJI Assistant 2 but after reboot i have lost a part of DJI GO 4  Mavic 2 configuration...
Is it possible to save the configuration on the phone?

Thanks for your help!

Guillaume
2018-10-23
Use props
zona
lvl.1

I can't complete a firmware update with the expensive CrystalSky I bought to "work seamlessly with the DJI GO app"!!!

See https://www.dji.com/crystalsky

"Created for outdoor aerial imaging, the CrystalSky monitor
features an ultra-bright screen that is clearly visible in sunlight.
It is designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with the
DJI GO app, giving camera operators total control."

I see, "It is designed from the ground up to work seamlessly with the
DJI GO app".

Where does it say we can't use our very expensive brick to update firmware with the app that works seamlessly?

CUSTOMIZED SYSTEM AND DJI GO
A newly designed system removes unnecessary Android apps and services and is resistant to viruses and junk software. This ensures that the CrystalSky monitor is able to offer optimum performance at all times. Its embedded DJI GO app provides full access to all DJI GO features including aircraft parameter adjustment, camera control, footage management, and playback. Using offline maps, maps can be kept available even if going out of Wi-Fi reach.

*Supports DJI GO, DJI GO 4, and DJI Pilot.

From https://www.dji.com/crystalsky

Who is DJI kidding. I bought the CrystalSky so everything would work without any issues. What a fool I must be to believe their promises.
2018-10-23
Use props
Viper Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 31644 ft

I up dated R/C and aircraft  with my Android phone . No problems and every thing works perfectly!
2018-10-23
Use props
bjr981s
Second Officer
Flight distance : 139698 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 15:39
I cant even get mine off the ground - nearly 6 hours I've been trying to get it to work now - hugely annoyed. It's going back tomorrow  (Extremely glad I bought it through Amazon)
Not Happy.

Have you tried to activate it first? Looks like you haven't as it has not come up in your profile for drones owned.

Just Spark and Pro

You also need to use DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic 2. Not the one you use for your Spark and Pro.
2018-10-24
Use props
BlueSkies99
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3238 ft
United States

Couldn't update with my Crystal Sky.  (I assume the same Android issue.)  I connected my iPhoneX and was able to download and install the updates to both M2P and controller.  I then hooked back up the CS and it recognized that the firmware had been updated and seemed to work fine on a brief test fly.  The only concern I have is that several features require GO4 v4.3.2.  My iPhone is running v4.3.3, but the CS is still on v4.3.0 and no update available for it yet (as usual).  
2018-10-24
Use props
JasyBabyYa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264813 ft
United Kingdom

Updated over Phone Wi0Fi no issues at all !  

Only issue I do have is the Drone taken ages to connect to the controller!  I have to keep turning of the drone on and off to get it to connect!
2018-10-24
Use props
gester
lvl.1
United States

Mine killed the lateral sensors. They no longer work seem to work in tripod. I toggle through the all 3 modes s/p/t and lateral vision sensors are always red on the app while the front and back show green. The expectation is to be enabled in tripod mode. This does not happen. As a matter of fact I think the tripod mode does not even enable at all. In the original firmware the tripod mode has regulated attitude and behavior to the control swings. Speed is also slow. However now its rather speedy in tripod mode thats why I am suspecting the tripod mode is not kickin in altogether.

Downgraded to the original version and everything is functional again.
2018-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules