Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware v01.00.01.00 poll (updated)
12Next >
6235 60 2018-10-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

I'd like to know how are you guys doing with the update, please take a second or two to vote

UPDATE:

Known Issues:
*Android users are not able to update via cellphone, but manage to update with Dji Assistant. I run IOS and CANNOT confirm this, but it has been stated several times.

*Android and IOS users are not able to use Obstacle Avoidance at all, radar is not displaying, sensors not active. I advice checking your radar and your OA icon, make sure Forward and Backward indicators are GREEN before flight, power on your drone and simulate a flight with your hand, try getting close to a wall and see if your radar displays correctly.

I cannot confirm or deny any information displayed above, you may not (and probably won't) encounter any issues at all (like myself) but it's worth a check.
Single SelectVote, Total 144 people participate in voting
Your user group with no voting privileges
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1042448 ft
United Kingdom

Just started a new thread about the utterly miserable experience I'm having with my brand new £1100 Paperweight due to immediate FW update - it's dead Jim.
2018-10-12
Use props
NordAtHeart
lvl.2
Thailand

Just like last update, have not been able to initiate it through the dji go app on Android. I get that "network disconnected" error as soon as I hit Start Updating.

Got around this before by using DJI Assistant, on PC, but on location now without a computer for several weeks so that's impossible .
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I cant even get mine off the ground - nearly 6 hours I've been trying to get it to work now - hugely annoyed. It's going back tomorrow (Extremely glad I bought it through Amazon)
Not Happy.
2018-10-12
Use props
Todd Harper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 180669 ft
United States

Updated via IOS. No issues. All settings and functions operating normally.
2018-10-12
Use props
HyLenz
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1848182 ft
United States

Updated via IOS - wifi also. No issues after a couple short flights, but i really have not used/tested many of the features or Quick shots... Connects, flys great. camera appears to work as it should.
2018-10-12
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DTH Posted at 2018-10-12 14:46
Just started a new thread about the utterly miserable experience I'm having with my brand new £1100 Paperweight due to immediate FW update - it's dead Jim.

Why not just roll back FW.
2018-10-12
Use props
DTH
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-12 16:33
Why not just roll back FW.

I tried rolling back and refreshing the FW - exact same result - fails at 75% - AC reboots and update fails. Red lights at all four corners and relink button has no effect
2018-10-12
Use props
gnirtS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5712575 ft
United Kingdom

Update went fine.  But i dont get the shortcut option to turn OA on and off as one of the "improvements" listed claims.
2018-10-12
Use props
DewDog_2
lvl.3

Open your C! or C2 option panel and scroll down the list.  The OA option is the one printed in Chinese.  Very sloppy of DJI don't you think?
2018-10-12
Use props
Paul_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4472 ft

DewDog_2 Posted at 2018-10-12 17:43
Open your C! or C2 option panel and scroll down the list.  The OA option is the one printed in Chinese.  Very sloppy of DJI don't you think?

Tried to update with CS, kept getting the network error. Used DJI Assistant and updated with no issues.
2018-10-12
Use props
cammot53
lvl.2
Flight distance : 115827 ft
United States

Worked fine. Updated both the aircraft and RT, through the devices, No Issues or problems.  
2018-10-12
Use props
Harbourside
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Network disconnected error on Android, but updated ok via the PC assistant.
2018-10-13
Use props
carlhako1
lvl.2

anyone update using android and not have any problems?
My obstacle avoidance no longer works and it moves faster then im used to like its in sports mode when its actually in p mode.
2018-10-13
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Last fw totaly made the vps\oa bug out, wont turn on in any mode atm, unless i screw arround in the menus wich at some point the radars will show upp but they are stuck and are not sensing anything.
2018-10-13
Use props
Viper Pilot
lvl.4
Flight distance : 31644 ft

Updated RC via Go 4 app and my android phone.  No problem at all.  Updated aircraft with Assistant 2.  Again no problems at all.  Mavic 2 Pro flying great as always in my experience.
2018-10-13
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Viper Pilot Posted at 2018-10-13 06:06
Updated RC via Go 4 app and my android phone.  No problem at all.  Updated aircraft with Assistant 2.  Again no problems at all.  Mavic 2 Pro flying great as always in my experience.

I tried uppgrading again, after first stopping by the v01 fw that i didnt do the first time.
Still no go, the oa icon stays red in all modes and the radar works nothing like it should.
Going back again there clearly is an issue here, glad its working for you though.
2018-10-13
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Mrimstad Posted at 2018-10-13 06:53
I tried uppgrading again, after first stopping by the v01 fw that i didnt do the first time.
Still no go, the oa icon stays red in all modes and the radar works nothing like it should.
Going back again there clearly is an issue here, glad its working for you though.

Did you test it in mid-flight? When you're on the ground and not flying, the icon is red
2018-10-13
Use props
No Man's Drone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 301545 ft
United States

OA icon stays red while on the ground. Fly your drone and see it activate. It makes sense since yo don't really need OA while your drone is not up in the air.
2018-10-13
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

It does not, nor does the radar screen work.
I think i have uppgraded\downgraded so many times now i realy cant be !#"¤ to anymore.
I rarely use oa anyways just going to stick to this fw now unless i notice other bugs.
2018-10-13
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

Mrimstad Posted at 2018-10-13 09:42
It does not, nor does the radar screen work.
I think i have uppgraded\downgraded so many times now i realy cant be !#"¤ to anymore.
I rarely use oa anyways just going to stick to this fw now unless i notice other bugs.

My OA was disabled right after the update for some reason, I just re enable it when doing my check list before flight, it also messed up my RTH altitude and other settings I can't remember, I just remember I re enabled couple of things while doing mi initial settings check list.
2018-10-13
Use props
ilc
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470558 ft
Australia

Couldn't update via android, had to connect to PC.

OA seemed to be disabled with new firmware, but I couldn't flight test due to bad weather. Downgraded firmware and everything seems OK now.

There are some comments that the sensor icon will turn from red to green when you take off, however the old firmware shows a green icon and "radar" distances before take off.
2018-10-13
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

I took of last night, Already been in there resetting all my settings as per me liking them.
I do not have the oa on any button though.
It was also starting to go dark outside, so maybe thats why it didnt trigger.
I will test again today,
2018-10-14
Use props
fans1c8cab6a
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66 ft
Spain

"Network Disconnected" errors on Android 100% of time, DJI Assistant stopped at 95% with "The device connection is unstable", but the upgrade seems to have completed. I think it was the same with the first upgrade to 1.00. Remote controller upgraded via phone/wifi, all fine. Test flight was ok.
2018-10-14
Use props
DanielVieira
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4633533 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Updated without a problem through iPhone 7.
2018-10-15
Use props
woland
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60240 ft
United Kingdom

Updated M2P without issue on iPhone XS Max
2018-10-15
Use props
pjollain
lvl.4
Flight distance : 106093 ft
Belgium

You should have added an option "I didn't try yet". This would allow people who did not update (like me) to see if they can do it with confidence or not.
2018-10-15
Use props
Zatx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158166 ft
United States

Option 4: Waiting to install FW until I've let you guys alpha/beta test it since Dji doesn't take this step. ;)
2018-10-15
Use props
Mrimstad
lvl.3
Norway

Gone back to prev fw did factory reset and uppgraded again also did fr at this point.
Now i also have the thing working as it should. Showing upp and working once i lift off at least as veryone else says.
Maybe it wasnt light enough out when i tested the prev day?
Well who cares it works now.
Ready for next fw!
2018-10-15
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

Update went through with no issues. (CrystalSky)
Only thing odd was I had to re-link the bird to the RC. But all working fine now.
2018-10-15
Use props
henley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 41650 ft
United Kingdom

Distance seems radically reduced. I was getting out of range and the controller disconnecting with the Mavic not far away at all. Anyone else noticed a reduction in distance they can fly from? The area I'm flying in isn't built up, literally one house across the road just about in-between myself and the Mavic.
2018-10-15
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

only way to get this thing updated is trough an ipad, tried samsung s7, crystal sky, dji assistent..no luck it all...but with ipad i works like a charm
2018-10-16
Use props
Thunderbird-V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30282 ft
United Kingdom

Remote controller upgraded via phone/wifi. "Network Disconnected" errors on Android 100% of time, so I went to my computer. Second thing happened to me:  I haven't used the assistant 2 for 2 weeks now. When I tried to open it, didn't work. I had to reinstall the assistant on PC and obviously to disable again the antivirus to finish the re installation. After that, like most of you guys: DJI Assistant stopped at 95%, I had again to disable every single bit from my antivirus and MS antivirus to be able to finish the upgrade. I really don't trust this guys but who gives a &"$%! now after you spent $$$$ on the bloody drone. Very annoyed with this company. Should I tell you that after all the upgrade was done, assistant 2 stopped suddenly and I cannot open it again, still with the antivirus disabled. WTF

No test flight yet. hopefully I'll find some time tomorrow and I hope the drone will fly up to the advertised standard after this *"$% upgrade. On the other hand I truly recommend to anyone who think to by any of DJI product: DON'T DO IT! Wait till maybe Elon Musk will start a production of reliable drone products!!! I still can't believe that no western/europe company was smart enough to built a better drone that the chinese ones, without glitches after every software upgrade and all that $£%"%! Shame on us!
2018-10-16
Use props
Thunderbird-V
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30282 ft
United Kingdom

Now I do have access to the assistant but no-fly zone database cannot finish the installation. And still my antivirus disabled, nothing blocking dji.
2018-10-16
Use props
Vendex
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16722920 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

Ali3N Posted at 2018-10-13 16:40
My OA was disabled right after the update for some reason, I just re enable it when doing my check list before flight, it also messed up my RTH altitude and other settings I can't remember, I just remember I re enabled couple of things while doing mi initial settings check list.

Perfectly normal behavior after update sometimes the main controller settings are back to default values just like update description says
2018-10-16
Use props
fans4470d701
New
Flight distance : 248488 ft
Singapore

My obstacles avoidance have issues after the oct 2018 new firmware upgrade.

1) on land, obstacles avoidance is all red.

2) after take off, SOMETIMES it works and the front ad back obstacles avoidance turn green. But SOMETIMES it remains Red throughout no matter what mode i am in.

Have downgraded back to the Sept 2018 firmware and all is fine.

Lastly, cant use Android to update firmware.  Only ios or DJI Assistant on pc.
2018-10-16
Use props
EMBE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 320118 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Updated with my iphone - Mavic and controller. Updated fast and without any issues. Mavics behavior is totally normal.
2018-10-17
Use props
fanscae8544c
lvl.3
Flight distance : 115728 ft
Netherlands

If i try to download the firmware using android then i get the error netwerk disconnected. DJI assistent 2 does work fine with update. But after update is succesfull my sensor doesnt work while the drone is on the ground, sensors will get back if you start flying.
2018-10-17
Use props
Peo93
lvl.1
Flight distance : 296007 ft
Denmark

I just updated the firmware on M2P and controller.. obstacle avoidance didn't work or warn me, so my Mavic flew sideways into a huge wall with 38 km/h .. Have anyone else had any issues with obstacle avoidance after the update? Flying with Iphone
2018-10-17
Use props
djl61
lvl.4
Flight distance : 795810 ft
United States

I updated with no issues, using my ipad mini 4 over wifi.  It took about 20 minutes to down load and install.  New to me was the way it downloaded, it did it in 2 steps.  First it downloaded and updated the drone.  Second it downloaded and installed the firmware on the remote.
2018-10-17
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules