2835 15 2018-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Flight distance : 495938 ft
Israel

Hello everyone,
Yesterday was a very sad day - My Spark has gone.

While I was flying my Spark (in a place where I've had alot of flights before) I'd lost connection with the drone, and never got it back.
Those kind of losing connections already happened to me at the past, but always RTH was successful and the connection came back in a few seconds.

I can't find an explanation for that - All the satellites were excellent, battery at 45%, no special warnings and so - Here is the flight log: [backcolor=rgba(249, 249, 249, 0.3)]https://app.airdata.com/share/VmAjWu
Obviously I searched for the drone for a few hours and didn't find anything.

I've already contacted DJI support, hopefully they will notice that it wasn't a pilots mistake.

I just wanted to ask if anyone has been at this situation, what was DJI support reply, and what do you think caused this losing connection.

Thanks,
Mor N.
mornag12@gmail.com
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there, our apologies for the inconvenience. You can provide your case number here in case you need further assistance. Thanks for your support.
2018-10-13
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Hey,
Thanks for reply.
This is the case number:
CAS-2358253-V2Y4L3
2018-10-13
Use props
JJBspark
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi fansea8c1ef2,

Had a look at your flight, no errors but you lost connection 2 times earlier in your flight. Second initiate a RTH wich was cancelled by you.
At the end Spark was flying 12.4 meters above takeoff position. As the groundlevel is about 30 meters lower Spark was flying approx. 40 meters above ground level.

if the connections did fail it should have initiate a RTH, so i do not know what happend. Did it hit it something ?

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis3.png
analysis4.png
2018-10-13
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Hi JJBspark
First of all, Thanks for reply.

As I mentioned at the first post - I already had lost connection but it was successfully made RTH and after a few seconds signal came back as always. In additon, The last signal lost was on a different area. Unfortunately at the last signal lost, nothing happend. Just disconnected and gone.

About the heights- I always prefer to fake off from a high point to minimize the connection problems
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansea8c1ef2 Posted at 2018-10-13 08:17
Hey,
Thanks for reply.
This is the case number:

Thanks for the info, Mor. The info you've provided will be forwarded to our Analysis Team to figure out the reason of the incident as long as the data is adequate. Please keep us updated once you received the feedback from the relevant team if you need more help.
2018-10-13
Use props
Thor1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196837 ft
Canada

What kind of phone are you using with the spark and which OS?
2018-10-14
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Iphone x, i think i had 1 version before ios 12 (upgraded yesterday to ios 12)
2018-10-14
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Hello everyone!
Need your help!

Update about the case:
I've got an email from DJI with this explanation:
"The record ended without any sign of abnormality, so we could not verify what happened afterward. "

Because of that, they offered me a 30% discount for buying a new spark.

I replied to them that that's the excat problem! The spark just disconnect and flew away!
If that's the case, how there is a possibility to record the cause if the drone just disconnected and gone?

Also, I can verify what happened afterward - it's just gone and didn't come back. After hours of searching I didnt find the drone.

I asked them to consider again theirs offer to get a voucher for a new spark because there is no reason for this fly away! It wasn't a pilot error.

I can't believe that's the answer that costumer gets after this aggravation, after I searched for 3 days on a roof tops and whole of the city for this spark. Also, I can't understand how such a big company like DJI deny theirs responsibility from this case.

What can you think I do?
Anyone have a advice for me?
I'm feeling lost.
Thanks for helping,
Mor
2018-10-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansea8c1ef2 Posted at 2018-10-22 10:14
Hello everyone!
Need your help!

Hi Mor, I'm sorry to hear about the result. In cases like this, 30% discount is the only thing we can offer since there's no strong proof that the unit malfunctioned before the end of the record. I was able to review the case and the result of Analysis. We'll have this forwarded to the higher team and they'll get in touch with you within working hours. Thanks for your patience.
2018-10-22
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Dear Diana,
Thanks for your reply, I hope the higher team will notice that's the spark disconnected and flew away and there is no explanation for that.

Waiting for update,
Thanks
Mor
2018-10-23
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

fansea8c1ef2 Posted at 2018-10-23 11:44
Dear Diana,
Thanks for your reply, I hope the higher team will notice that's the spark disconnected and flew away and there is no explanation for that.

Mor, the team will review your case and contact you during the working time. Hope we can figure this out soon.
2018-10-23
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Hello everyone,
Update about the case, I'd like to get some advices:
DJI reconsidered the case and offered me a 50% discount for a new drone.
Still, because all of the explanations I already said against DJI reasons, I'm sure the responsibility should be on DJI.
Just to remind everyone- they said to me that's they can't give me a new drone because the reason of flew away wasn't recorded- of course it won't be recorded! The spark lost connection, then just gone! How it supposed to record something if it disconnected? After this excuse they said I way flying low, and as you can see on comments here, I was flying from high point so I was about 42 meters high and that is not low considering the law.
After 24 emails that I chatted with DJI they decided that's is the final solution.
So I asked to speak with their superior supervisor of customer service to explain him the case, but my request was declined time after time.
What she'll I do?
I feel exhausted with contact DJI, please, help me.
2018-12-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fansea8c1ef2 Posted at 12-1 02:41
Hello everyone,
Update about the case, I'd like to get some advices:
DJI reconsidered the case and offered me a 50% discount for a new drone.

Hi there, thanks for getting back, I believe 50% off discount is the best solution we could offer after verifying with the supervisor, we would like to figure out what happened too but there is no enough data and we cannot tell there is a product defect. We have provided the final resolution, hope you can consider it, thank you.
2018-12-1
Use props
fansea8c1ef2
lvl.1
Israel

Hey,
Thanks for reply.

How there is supposed to be data if the drone disconnected from RC and phone and gone??
THIS IS THE DATA!
Drone lost connection and didn't RTH as supposed to be - this is their defect.
Why do I need to feel so exhausted to get what I deserve?

Why can't I speak with a superior supervisor that will hear the case from my point of view? It's all about how you present the case.

Please, help me, I feel lost.
Mor
2018-12-2
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

fansea8c1ef2 Posted at 12-2 13:24
Hey,
Thanks for reply.

We completely understand how you feel about the result. We are very sorry about this but the data analysis result is final like what DJI Mindy advised. The result was done with the technical team and based it on the flight data you’ve provided. This has been escalated to the higher department and handled by a manager. Unfortunately, DJI cannot apply warranty service for this case that has no product malfunction found after data analysis. But as a courtesy, 50% discount coupon for your next purchase is being offered. If you could not retrieve the drone and still want to purchase a new one, you can reply "I accept the offer". Once again, we're sorry for the unfortunate experience and we are hoping  for your understanding.
2018-12-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules