New M2P - Impossible to charge controller. RMA?
1061 5 2018-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
kjetilk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 62638 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Got my new M2P yesterday. Haven't flown it yet, but have used some time unpacking, reading up and setting up. The battery charged as it should with the DJI AC power supply, but something funny is going on with the remote / flight controller: It won't charge no matter what I do... The controller had a charge of 64% when I unpacked it. I'm now down to 54%.

The symptoms are the same as the OP is having in this thread: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 845&pid=1536368

And I've tried everyting he did. Even connecting the controller to DJI Assistant on a computer to see if that somehow would kickstart the charging process. It didn't. The micro USB charging port on the left side of the controller seems physically fine, but no matter what combination of chargers and cables I try, including the short cable on the AC unit itself, nothing happens. The display on the controller works. If i turn it on it says "connecting". And if I only press once on the power button it tells me the current charge percentage. But I suspect the display should also turn on and read "Charging..." or something similar if the thing was actually charging?

I also find it weird that I managed to get a connection to DJI Assistant on a computer, but connecting my phone (Note 8) via this port does nothing. (However, it works as it should if I connect my phone via the USB A port of the controller). Also, the charging cable runs hot where it is connected to the remote (not dangerously so, I think).

So, I was just wondering if someone here have any other ideas that might be worth trying? Or is my next step inevitably to call my supplier (Apple) on monday and get the RMA process started?

Thank you in advance for any comments or suggestions!
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi, I do apologize for the inconvenience caused. I just want to clarify, have you tried to re-link your remote controller to your aircraft? Also, can you provide a sample video of the issue you encounter right now? so that we can check it on our end? You can upload it using google-drive or Dropbox and provide the link here. Thank you.
2018-10-13
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Looks like you got a faulty RC.
When its charging it says in the display "CHARGING_" with the _ blinking.
2018-10-13
Use props
kjetilk
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Natalia,
I've linked the controller to my aircraft and everything seems to work as it should. I haven't flown it yet, partly because the weather here in the western part of Norway isn't cooperating right now, but also because I don't trust this remote fully. As I said earlier, the controller connects fine with the aircraft, and also with my phone as long as I'm using the secondary (USB A) port on the remote.

You are asking for a video, but I'm not really sure what you want me to film? Me plugging charger cables in and out and not getting any response on the controller? Its not entirely clear to me how that would help this debugging process.

Like Eric13 said (thanks for clarifying this, Eric13): My remote should be displaying "CHARGING_" when it is charging. But mine doesn't. I've tried lots of wall chargers and of course the supplied DJI cable(s) and their AC charger (bort the short micro USB cable on the side of the AC, and the longer USB A - USB C - USB C -> Micro USB adapter).

I also have a Mavic AIR and should mention that all the above combinations charges the Air controller just fine.

I don't think there is any other option than declaring this controller faulty. Will return it tomorrow.
2018-10-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

kjetilk Posted at 2018-10-14 01:06
DJI Natalia,
I've linked the controller to my aircraft and everything seems to work as it should. I haven't flown it yet, partly because the weather here in the western part of Norway isn't cooperating right now, but also because I don't trust this remote fully. As I said earlier, the controller connects fine with the aircraft, and also with my phone as long as I'm using the secondary (USB A) port on the remote.

I also fear that there is no other option, this RC must have a malfunction. Clear warranty case and I hope you'll get a new one soon!
2018-10-14
Use props
kjetilk
lvl.2
  • >>>
Norway

Thanks, I'll try to post an update when its done.
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules