• >>>

2018-10-13
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

That was amazing. I feel the pilot handled this very professionally and kept his cool. There are people that don't understand drones and believe the negative press and TV shows that depict drones are used for spying and bad stuff. Well yes.... they could be used that way, but most of us do not engage in these activities....

thanks for sharing
Rich
2018-10-13
Use props
Ali3N
lvl.2
Flight distance : 294514 ft
Colombia

I've been through there. I've even had people lie and state "I was recording them" Someone once said I went to their house and turned on the Aux light to record... People have to realize the world does not spin around them, I feel this pilot did great, me personally I tend to get really mad.
2018-10-13
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>

I liked how about police officer handled it very simple very polite
2018-10-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Wow. Thank you for sharing your video with us. You did great there, Sir. I actually loved how you professionally handle the situation and I'm very sorry about that. If you need help, please don't hesitate to contact us. We are happy to help you. Have a nice day.
2018-10-13
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

I am at the Pilot in the video I just posted the video to show the BS some Pilots go through and I have gone through similar situations and how professional this particular pilot handled the situation hope it's a learning experience on how to handle situations like this
2018-10-13
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

The guy was a complete Jack___.  After Cop had told him to leave Pilot alone, and he came back to harass Pilot about business card.  The Jack___ is lucky Cop didn't cuff him for creating a public disturbance.

2018-10-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

Excellent example how we as drones pilots should act and respond when dealing with the public.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
2018-10-13
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Superb example of how to deal with these situations and as the FAA/CAA give more powers to local authorities to police drones this is how to handle it - with your lawyers number in your list of favourites on your mobile ;)
2018-10-13
Use props
Celsus
Second Officer
Flight distance : 196594 ft
United Kingdom

I thought the pilot and the the attending officer handled it well. The local sensitivity to the building project clearly didn't help.
2018-10-14
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Excellent way of handling the situation by the pilot and the police. Luckily I have never had such an hostile encounter yet but of course people passing by when I was flying. I always explain to them what I am doing, show them my screen and answer their questions. They are usually amazed about what the drone can do and I have never had any negative experience so far.
2018-10-14
Use props
M2Wair
First Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Handled well by the pilot, polite and non confrontational. The other guy on the other hand was clearly one of gods special people and on a mission to cause trouble. Thankfully 99.9% of the general public are just curious.
2018-10-14
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

The paranoia around drones seems to be growing all the time and is then often followed by a ton of misinformation.

Well done for keeping your cool.
2018-10-14
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I always carry both my phones with me when i fly just in case this happens to me. Thanks for sharing
2018-10-14
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Another example of the "entitled" attempting to use the police as a weapon against a minority. You handled that well!
2018-10-14
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

One for the good guy.  Congrats.  My question was were you in his driveway?
2018-10-14
Use props
fans5869bfb1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 878852 ft

I believe at the end of the video he talks about being on a roadway
2018-10-14
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

Guys I want to make sure you guys understand I am not the guy in the video I just posted the video here for others to see please I'm not getting any credit all that credit is on the gentleman that's on the video
2018-10-14
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

I posted it as an informative video
2018-10-14
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

It’s just a matter of knowing the rules, and I’m certain only for this guys attitude he would have had a much better outcome.
Nothing like sending a bully away with his tail between his legs.
2018-10-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Drone-Pilot Posted at 2018-10-14 08:41
Guys I want to make sure you guys understand I am not the guy in the video I just posted the video here for others to see please I'm not getting any credit all that credit is on the gentleman that's on the video

I see - in either case it's good that you posted his vid on here to show others how to conduct themselves as/when they encounter a similar situation. As tempting as it would be to put that .... in his place it's always best to walk away as the better man or even better still, stay exactly where you are when they finally know their place!
2018-10-14
Use props
Blellow
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1311056 ft
  • >>>
United States

Ok, but just to understand.  Any public road can be used to launch a drone?
2018-10-14
Use props
fans55ae5496
Second Officer

United States

Drone-Pilot Posted at 2018-10-14 08:41
Guys I want to make sure you guys understand I am not the guy in the video I just posted the video here for others to see please I'm not getting any credit all that credit is on the gentleman that's on the video

You may want to edit your post #6 which states in part "I am at the Pilot in the video I just posted the video to show the BS some Pilots go through", which is unclear.
2018-10-14
Use props
Drone-Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>

I'm posting from my phone I don't know how to add it from my phone
2018-10-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Blellow Posted at 2018-10-14 19:52
Ok, but just to understand.  Any public road can be used to launch a drone?

If the flight is being conducted with permission from the FAA in line with a commercial activity and the flight plan includes the road as part of the risk assessment then yes you can which is presumably why the Police left the pilot alone and was more concerned with dismissing the claims and moving on the nut job harassing him leaving the UAV pilot in peace to carry on with his JOB!  
2018-10-15
Use props
OverTheEdge
lvl.3
United States

ghostrdr Posted at 2018-10-14 07:12
Another example of the "entitled" attempting to use the police as a weapon against a minority. You handled that well!

Bingo!!!!!!!
2018-10-15
Use props
Duncandonut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2139291 ft
United Kingdom

Only once have I ever had someone approach me in a negative fashion. I was flying over Grafham Water in Cambridgeshire when a local farmer came over to me and started to ask me who I was and what I was doing there. I remained very polite and showed him that I was filming the reservoir and taking photos. He then proceeded to take photograph me and my car and take a note of my car registration. He asked for full name which I gladly gave him. He seemed to settle down and watched what I was doing a bit more. After about 10 minutes he started asking me about drones and how easy they are to fly and what the rules are. Explained it all to him.  I then offered to let him wear my DJI goggles whilst I flyew looking at my crystalsky. He jumped at the chance and was fascinated by the whole experience.

I think for me what it all boils down to is how you react to the person confronting you. I stayed calm and polite. Unfortunately in the situation in the video, no matter how polite you are there will always be a person that is ignorant. If the complainer would have asked first what the drone pilot was doing instead of telling him to F@!* Off then the situation I feel would have turned out completely differently. The drone pilot in the video did an exceptional job of remaining calm in the face of such hostility.
2018-10-15
Use props
FlySD
lvl.4

I have no idea how people stay so patient.
2018-10-15
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft

Here's hoping the video goes viral and the clown who called the cops get's some karmic payback.
2018-10-15
Use props
UNsyncED
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1083392 ft
Australia

In Australia, the person harassing you could have been arrested for interrupting/disturbing someone in control of a remote aircraft.
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules