Just purchased my first DJI drone!
1017 21 2018-10-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2
United States

I have been reading MANY of the posts here in the Mavic forum prepping for my first DJI drone.
This evening I pulled the trigger at Best Buy. Found the Mavic Pro fly more combo for $1092.99 and in stock at the Salem New Hampshire. Drove 30 miles south only to find it priced $200 more and OUT OF STOCK! BB did price match their own website and found and verified on phone that the Lebanon New Hampshire location (30 miles north of me) had it in stock.
The fall colors here in New Hampshire are peaking! Unbelievable colors. Hope I can get some fantastic shots with the Mavic Pro!
Would like to thank you all for the great posts!
I have been flying a $99 Propel HD video done for a couple months getting some drone flight time.
Any suggestions/tips welcome! Will start out with extreme caution.
Guess I should start out purchasing DJI care refresh correct?

Thanks all!
2018-10-13
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>

First congrats on your Dji drone and welcome to the forum.
My advice to you is to read the manual a few times and then read it again.
Take your time to get to know your bird and it's and your limits.
Have fun and fly safe
2018-10-13
Use props
Flybee
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

welcome and congrats to your new Drone.

I Second Woe above and try the first runs on an open area, in beginner mode I would suggest.

Keep your eyes on the app and your AC, learn to interpretate the messages you get in the app.

happy and safe flying.
2018-10-13
Use props
Wellsi
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8330187 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Howdy and welcome!

I recently made this video specifically for people just starting out with their first DJI drone as it goes through all the basics from set up to flying.  It's pretty much the same process for all the Mavics.
Hope you get some great autumn photos and video!  
Cheers
Ian

2018-10-13
Use props
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft

Congratulations and I wish you always happy landings! The posts by the others here above are excellent advice to which I have nothing to add.
2018-10-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many congrats on the new drone. Do your research and choose your locations wisely and you'll be fine.
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, welcome to the forum! The above members have provided some great suggestions and you may learn the performance in the open field for the first several practices. Regarding the DJI Care Refresh, it is available for brand new drones or drones activated less than 48 hours, you may check this link: https://store.dji.com/product/dj ... t-v2&position=1 If there is anything else we can help, feel free to contact us. Wish you have a good time!
2018-10-14
Use props
Gazmg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 195358 ft
United Kingdom

And welcome from me in the UK
2018-10-14
Use props
msinger
First Officer
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum!
2018-10-14
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

Congratulations. Let me start by saying that practicing with the Propel was a wise idea. If you are like most, you are embarking on a complex learning journey. Not only will you be learning to fly, but at the same time, learning photography/videography, and photo/video editing. You probably learned more about actual flying with your Propel, than you ever will with your Mavic. DJI products are a different bird to fly because they are so stable. Although this stability makes it easier to fly, it also creates an overwhelming amount to learn about various sensors and modes, and how to interface with them. I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but when you have specific questions there are many Youtube vid's and this forum. One specific piece of advice I'd like to provide. Be careful around trees! They fool you because they are beautiful, but they are wolves in sheep's clothing. They are taller than you think, and they are all trying to destroy your drone. Trees are jealous of drones because they are rooted down and they wish they could fly too (-;        
2018-10-14
Use props
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2

Thanks for the posts!
2018-10-15
Use props
Hartyaj
lvl.4
Flight distance : 49478 ft

Welcome from down under, take your time and there’s plenty of YouTube vids to watch. And don’t be like me and take on a tree. lol
2018-10-16
Use props
M2Wair
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1192231 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new drone..... Wellsi ^above member^ has it covered. Do sub to his youtube and do watch the tutorials online, it may save your drone and will make flying and videoing more fun and less stressful.
2018-10-16
Use props
Lonesome Crow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 406076 ft
  • >>>

Wellsi Posted at 2018-10-13 23:50
Howdy and welcome!

I recently made this video specifically for people just starting out with their first DJI drone as it goes through all the basics from set up to flying.  It's pretty much the same process for all the Mavics.

Yes, follow Ian's advice, watch his YouTubes, his camera settings, suggestions, etc.  Best way to learn at start is start slow, use the Tripod Mode (accidental rapid movements on the joystick basically result in very little reaction of the craft).  Take your time and you don't have to go to 400 ft AGL.  Lastly, be sure to register your drone, and put your phone number inside the battery compartment (if lost and found).

Hey Ian!!! Cheers!!
2018-10-16
Use props
jocela12
New
Canada

Congratulations !
2018-10-16
Use props
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2

Flew the drone for the first time today. Found a soccer field down the road setup and took off. All went well. A couple cars started pulling in and I then figured out that people where showing up for practice. Landedb.c. the drone, packed up and moved down the road. Flew the
2018-10-16
Use props
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2

drone till i got the low battery warning then landed.
I cant figure out why DJI uses such a small bag for your drone in the flymore package! How do you get it in the bag? Do you have to take the propellers off? Its just too small! Dow do you stuff all the hardware into this micro bag?
I guess I need to now purchase a larger bag or case. Id like to carry EVERYTHING in ONE case.
2018-10-16
Use props
Nancy SEO
lvl.3
Flight distance : 434849 ft
United States

Can't wait to see your aerial shots of autumn leaves. Down here in Maryland on the Chesapeake Bay, we are at least 3 weeks from seeing much fall color.
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2

Don't think ill make peak foiage. Already washed out plus im too new at this drone. Will be ready next year!
Thanks. Robert
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2

Don't think ill make peak foiage. Already washed out plus im too new at this drone. Will be ready next year!
Thanks. Robert
2018-10-17
Use props
djiuser_P7QHr1HcSryz
lvl.2

Opps, double post, sorry
2018-10-17
Use props
Fly74
lvl.2

United States

Nice.  I have been using a TELLO for a couple of months now and cannot wait until I can get a Mavic.  Happy Skies!
2018-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules