Live stream from camera gone totally black on my phone!
1914 13 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JL135397
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi!  

I have a real problem and I am about to give in.  My one-year-old Phantom 4 has worked perfect, no crashes etc., together with my phone Samsung J3.   

However, after updated the DJI GO app 11th of October-18, on my phone I do not get any visual image from its camera, the app seams OK but the image view from its camera is just black! All function works as normal, I can fly it, I can even take photos and videos. BUT I cannot see them in the app on the phone. But(!) looking in the SD card with my computer it reveals that all taken images are there in perfect contrast.   

To see if it was the app, I downloaded Litchi, with the same result. I tried to reset firmware on the drone to factory, no effect. I tried to downgrade the RC from latest version 1.9.3 to 1.8.0, without any effect. I tried to re-install the DJI GO4 app, no effect. I tried again to update all firmware and it’s the same. All functionality works perfect, can even take photos and filming, but I can not see them nor the live stream from the camera, which makes it impossible to fly it!

Please any ideas are valuable! Thanks, Jimmy

2018-10-14
Use props
xmodgamess
lvl.1

download gbwhatsapp mod for android !
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. Regarding your concern may I ask what Aircraft status do you have on the upper left side when on the camera view? however, I would suggest giving a try to use different mobile device and USB cable using on the remote just to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted whenever you're able to try it. Thanks!
2018-10-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Jimmy,

Wow, this is strange.  Apparently, the problem is in the aircraft because both Litchi and DJI GO 4 have the black Live View screen.  

Please provide DJI Stephen with the information he requested and see if a different mobile device and USB cable get your Live View back like he suggested.  But we can also try other things.  

Have you downloaded the recent DJI Assistant 2 software (7-16-2018) so you can update the aircraft so it can operate with the updated DJI GO 4?  The DJI GO 4 has been updated, now you have to update the aircraft to match the DJI GO4 app.  You appear to have a conflict.  The Assistant 2 software is very easy to use.

Give it a try and let us know how it goes.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-14
Use props
JL135397
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi!

Thx all for the help so far! First regarding Xmodgamess suggested to download Whatsapp mod, I can’t see what it would give?
Try it out on a second phone/tablet is a very good suggestion, I will see if I can by a new one, dedicated for the drone.

But it is strange that both DJI GO 4.3.2 app as well as Litchi gives exactly the same error independently?  Especially when the phone has worked out perfect from day one.  Would it be an idea to downgrade DJI GO 4.3.2 app? But I don’t think it’s the new app since Litchi does not work either. No further changes have been made on the phone, at least what I am aware of.

Tank you again for the suggestions!

/Jimmy
2018-10-15
Use props
JL135397
lvl.1
Sweden

Hi again!

It was very strange, my Phantom 4 in combination with my Samsung J3 worked rather ok for the first year. But after upgrade of the firmware in October the video stream went black. Even a downgrade of the firmware did not solve the problem. But today I bought a Samsung S9+ and it worked perfect on the first attempt. So I dont know what was the problem, if Dji put a new restriction or something that interfered even though I downgraded. Well, anyway it works fine now! Thx for the comments and suggestions! *Happy face* /Jimmy
2018-11-3
Use props
xmodgamess
lvl.1

India

lucky patcher app download
2019-3-25
Use props
Dhruvday
New

India

xmodgamess Posted at 2018-10-14 08:27
download gbwhatsapp mod for android !

Yeah Thanks for Sharing this [url: http://www.whollytricks.com/gbwhatsapp-apk-download/]GB Whatsapp[/url]
2019-4-15
Use props
Dhruvday
New

India

Dhruvday Posted at 4-15 19:30
Yeah Thanks for Sharing this GB Whatsapp

here is it GB Whatsapp
2019-4-15
Use props
testsanu
New