5923 15 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
otiv26
lvl.1
Flight distance : 226788 ft
Indonesia

Hi all,

just owned my first drone, the Mavic 2 Pro, got excited watching the launch, especially for the sensors.

I flew a couple of times, brought it to couple of office trips and weddings. Never had any dramatic issues with the drone, I always update home point location, and ensure GPS mode is on. Experienced signal lost a few times, but after couple of seconds, it usually gets back to normal.

Flew it yesterday to shot a sunset, battery (drone and RC) was from 100%,homepoint updated, GPS was on,  distance was only 260-ish metter with 30m of height, and experienced my first ever total signal lost. the screen prompted me to go RTH before it completely lost any signal, i clicked it immediately of course, but then it lost signal and turned blank.  it decided to land at it's last GPS position i believe, it landed on a land reclamation area, with high vegetation near a river. I have to circle around to get there using motorbike, and it cost me sometime to get there due to some traffic, reporting to the site securities, getting permit, and walking time to the pointed location on the DJI Go App.

Still could not find the drone at the site, due to high vegetation and night condition. Also there is a possible chance that the wind drifted it to the river and currently it's on the bottom of the river.

Sent and email to Support@dji.com (this is the email for claiming warranties, right?). Also sent them the video from the app, and also the CSV file of the flight.

Files are here: HERE

raising this to raise awareness from the DJI team, and also if anyone can help me if I took the right steps on warranty claiming?

Thanks,
Vito

2018-10-14
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

apologise for any grammar errors, due to english is not my native.
2018-10-14
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Sorry to read that. I also lost my first spark so I know exactly how you feel
Good luck with dji support!

Fly safely everybody
Alex
2018-10-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sorry to see you lost the drone - hope you are back in the air soon.
2018-10-14
Use props
Thriller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 374337 ft
Italy

I hope you'll have your drone back soon.
2018-10-14
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Without even looking or asking, I’ll bet you were on Android. THAT and also the side cable has been an issue for 2 years with the first Mavic Pro. That’s a bummer your drone is gone.

I used to get disconnects ALL THE TIME using a number of Android devices and also the side cable usage FOR YEARS. Since switching to an iPad Pro 10.5 and using the bottom connector, I haven’t had 1 disconnect in over 6 months!
2018-10-14
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

Hi guys, i was using an iPhone X, believed that the app works better with iOS devices if I’m not mistaken.

How long approx DJI will look into these cases?
2018-10-14
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

Btw, does the flight log has information wether its battery malfunction (battery released in air) or human error when the case is total signal lost?

I read in some case the battery took of in-air.
2018-10-14
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

So the bottom connector works better vs the side one? Is it possible to use those with only a phone? Without me having to buy and carry an iPad Pro, it cost a lot here and the currency here is not that good against dollars these days hehe
2018-10-14
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

Yes I did, but due to high vegetation on the area, i could not see where it landed, wether on the land or on the waters.

distance was 267meters and 30meters height.
2018-10-14
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

bumping this
2018-10-15
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

Yes, you can just use the bottom USB-A connector with whatever device you’d like. iPhone X should have no issues, so it is probably that side cable. Those are very cheaply made custom cables. 100s of people have had disconnect issues contributed to this. When it is “unknown” why the disconnect happens, it’s either that cable or use of their DJI Goggles.

To use the bottom connector, you cannot have anything plugged-in to the side micro-USB connector or it takes priority.
2018-10-15
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

Ok thanks, will start using it on my next drone.
2018-10-15
Use props
fansf9810dec
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17986 ft
United Kingdom

otiv26 Posted at 2018-10-15 19:15
Ok thanks, will start using it on my next drone.
Hi there,  did you have any resolve from DJI with your Drone? I have just lost my Mavic 2 Pro today due to a disconnect, it came up with RTH but it never came back! I went to the point on the map where I think it came down (I had line of site but it was 322meters away and 109m high), at the end of the lot it noted my command failed and it started to dissend at 5km per hour then nothing! The area where it came down is inaccessible!
2020-8-2
Use props
otiv26
lvl.1
Indonesia

fansf9810dec Posted at 8-2 15:35
Hi there,  did you have any resolve from DJI with your Drone? I have just lost my Mavic 2 Pro today due to a disconnect, it came up with RTH but it never came back! I went to the point on the map where I think it came down (I had line of site but it was 322meters away and 109m high), at the end of the lot it noted my command failed and it started to dissend at 5km per hour then nothing! The area where it came down is inaccessible!

They offer me a 10% discount for a new drone, but i could only get it in China. They won't send it overseas. So I passed and moved on.

Lesson learned:
- strap your battery with extra rubber next time so it wont fall off
- always fly in sight
- dont expect good warranty system from DJI
2020-8-2
Use props
Mymanhood
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17986 ft
Kazakhstan

otiv26 Posted at 8-2 21:00
They offer me a 10% discount for a new drone, but i could only get it in China. They won't send it overseas. So I passed and moved on.

Lesson learned:

I am so sorry to hear that! They offered me 25% or the retail price which is more than replaceing the whole package!!
2020-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules