Terrible focus issue!!!!
779 6 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone4Life4807
lvl.1

I have had my mavic pro for about 2 months now and have been very disappointed in the quality I was getting. I know it is capable of great video/photos because of what I have seen from others. I somehow never noticed that it wasn’t the quality but the focus. I am now seeing that only portions of my shots are in focus. I am relatively new to flying drones but have spent an insane amount of time for the past 2 years learning whatever I can through tutorials before my purchase. I have tried everything that I can through youtube videos like switching to manual focus and running back and forth to free up the focus or resetting the camera entirely after reloading the firmware and calibrating not only the gimbal but the IMU and compass. I am always focusing throughout the shot and even with manual focus with peaking threshold set I still can’t seem to get a full focused shot. You will notice in the shots that the left third portion is out of focus. In the shots I will provide I am at

Manual mode
ISO 100
4:3
RAW
Sunny White Balance
D-Cinelike
Style is set to Landscape ( I have tried every custom style possible all with the same results as far as focus issues)

If I forgot to include any info I am sorry but can do so if requested. I leave in a week for a vacation and I am so disappointed if I have to send this back to DJI after hearing all the horror stories about customer service and receiving back a used trashed drone back after sending out a brand new one. If anyone has a fix or any advice before I do indeed send it out please HELP!!!!!

left side trees are all blurry

left side trees are all blurry

half of the buildings are focused and half are not

half of the buildings are focused and half are not
2018-10-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Decentered lens, need to send it back.
2018-10-14
Use props
Drone4Life4807
lvl.1

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Thanks for the reply I was pretty sure I was screwed but wanted to make sure. I cant believe a 1000 dollar drone can get put on the shelves for sale with a defect like this, do they not even turn them on after production lol
2018-10-14
Use props
Drone4Life4807
lvl.1

dancopter Posted at 2018-10-14 09:17
Decentered lens, need to send it back.

If I bought my Mavic through Best Buy will DJI still warranty it? I have the receipt and I do have the refresh insurance but I do not want to use up one of my replacements for something that is clearly there fault.
2018-10-14
Use props
Brad Bilger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14843274 ft

Before I'd involve DJI, I'd chase it through Best Buy first.  That should be an even exchange right then and there.  
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Hi there, we're sorry to read the troubles. Please kindly contact support@dji.com to start a case and send the unit in, the designated team will check and guide you the further steps. If you encounter any difficulties during the progress, feel free to contact us with your case number, we're glad to help.
2018-10-14
Use props
Drone4Life4807
lvl.1

Deff no smudge, I’ve looked back at all my footage and it’s pretty apparent now I can’t beleive I never saw it.
2018-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules