Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
No live view on Amazon fire 7
3554 7 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

Has anyone here had the DJI GO 4 on their amazon fire tablet fully working?   I have a 7th gen 7in fire tablet but can not enable live view.  I am trying to figure out if it is DJI forcing it to  not work  because its not supported?  

theres no support on the web for no live view except 2 things.. try a different device, or send it in for repairs (when it works 100% fine on my other phone)

I have followed the instructions on other sites to get DJI go  working, installed both frameworks and google play store, then dji..  but no luck,

any thoughts?
2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. This concern may fall to Incompatibility issue since as you mention when you use it with your Mobile device it's working properly. Though what I can suggest is give a try to use different USB cable just to test. If still, unfortunately, meaning the Tablet is not compatible.
2018-10-14
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

Try installing an older version of the DJI go 4 app, that always solves your issue!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-14
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 2018-10-14 10:30
Hi there, thank you for reaching out and we're very sorry for the Inconvenience that you have faced. This concern may fall to Incompatibility issue since as you mention when you use it with your Mobile device it's working properly. Though what I can suggest is give a try to use different USB cable just to test. If still, unfortunately, meaning the Tablet is not compatible.

Well MR DJI, you see your software is not Compatible with ANY Android tablet

I suggest your reach out to someone and ask them to do more research and update the list and make a proper one..  Right now its a joke to anyone who knows anything about tech..  It makes your company look very very ... uninformed.

For example you list Pixel 2 XL but no Pixel 2..  why not?  the phones have the same specs except battery and screen size but DJI only lists 1 of them.    Why does DJI refuse to support any type of  Android tablet?
2018-10-14
Use props
jerkwagon
lvl.1

Canada

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-14 11:38
Try installing an older version of the DJI go 4 app, that always solves your issue!

Fly safely

unfortunately I have a Mavic Zoom,   do you know whats the earliest edition i can use? i wonder if a year old version would even work?
2018-10-14
Use props
Alex B.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

jerkwagon Posted at 2018-10-14 19:25
unfortunately I have a Mavic Zoom,   do you know whats the earliest edition i can use? i wonder if a year old version would even work?

I think the first version that supports zoom is 4.3.0 , so you are out of luck Unfortunatelly here
And yes the old versions work no problem at all!
But in your case you will need to get a much better device in order to fly the zoom properly.
I have an iPad Air 2 that I got for 100 euros and it works perfectly on the latest version, unlike my Samsung galaxy s6

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-15
Use props
Hedsic
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478757 ft

If it makes you feel any better. My Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 no longer works... It works I guess in the sense that the app works.. but using my M2P with the updated app, the app is so bloated and takes up so much processing that it's just not enough for my Tab S3 to handle anymore like it used to.  I figure it's only a matter of time before my Note8 isn't compatible any longer too.

I think the big problem DJI runs in to is with Apple, They just have to make it work on about 3 phones that are all basically the same... On Android they have to figure out how to make it work on 30 different phones all with varying processors, RAM, resolution.. on top of multiple different Android OS's running. Since some devices do not get updates or do not get updates available as soon as others... So they are working against all of these things... Apple they just have 1 OS to worry about that is running just apple phones not Samsung, LG, Sony, Huawei, HTC, Nokia, Motorola etc.
2018-10-15
Use props
djiuser_6L4D8kA7kUfE
lvl.1
Flight distance : 95308 ft
Canada

I too am running a Fire 7, (7th gen). It was working fine until the last update. Legally, I cannot operate using old versions. I have contacted tech support and I am anxiously awaiting their response. It appears to be a coding clitch in the update. Hopefully it is not a proprietary deal between Apple and DJI. Fingers crossed.
2019-4-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules