Autumn views with Mavic 2 PRO. Feedback needed
725 9 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Andrejs
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1730177 ft
Latvia

Beautiful autumn landscape views. Filmed with DJI Mavic 2 PRO in DLog.
Edit and color grading in Davinci Resolve.
Some time couldn't get used with Mavic 2 pro settings and sharpness, but here seems everything ok.
Because some critics and feedback needed what can be done better. Or overall about video.
Hope you will like it. Mavic 2 great machine

2018-10-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there, thank you for sharing your awesome video here, well done. Fly safely cheers!
2018-10-14
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 14103563 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very vivid and colourful - good work!
2018-10-14
Use props
travelswithlewi
lvl.4
Flight distance : 241109 ft
United Kingdom

Beautiful colours and sharpness in the video, my only advice would be to practise with the smooth camera movements more, try decreasing the sensitively of the gimbal movements in the settings to achieve a cinematic, smooth panning effect.
Did you use any ND filters?

Great work!
2018-10-14
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Latvia

travelswithlewi Posted at 2018-10-14 11:35
Beautiful colours and sharpness in the video, my only advice would be to practise with the smooth camera movements more, try decreasing the sensitively of the gimbal movements in the settings to achieve a cinematic, smooth panning effect.
Did you use any ND filters?

Thank you for your thoughts.
No I wasn't using ND filter. I used with Mavic 1, but not get yet for Mavic 2.
Can you point me in place where panning wasn't smooth? I was shooting in cinematic mode (didn't want to set smooth of sticks for all flying. Cinematic mode seems make good job?)
2018-10-14
Use props
davidmartingraf
First Officer
Flight distance : 106566408 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done - thanks again for sharing.
2018-10-14
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Andre,

You captured the only hills in Latvia and made them look beautiful (how could they not look beautiful!).  Nice tree work to.  You are using all the right tools so hard to suggest anything in that area.

You might want to look into the settings for YAW movements and the EXP.  They give a Tripod effect but without Tripod.  There is also POI but instead of tilting the camera down at the POI, have the camera look across and notice what a beautiful PAN it allows.  The radius and speed in the rotation determine the smoothness of the PAN.  Smooth rotations are the hardest movements for our cameras but DJI has a lot of tools that get the job done.

Hope this helps!  Where is the Bobsled Run?  That would make a nice video, but more documentary than the beauty of the natural world.

Aloha and Drone On!
2018-10-15
Use props
M4veric17
lvl.3
Flight distance : 519715 ft
France

Great video with awesome colors indeed. All your shootings look definitely smooth and cinematic, at least to me. I would also be interested in knowing which portion some people apparently consider as not that smooth...

Now maybe it just miss some main subject focusing at some point (apart from only shooting beautiful landscapes). We've actually been discussing this here recently. Also some scenes around 1'00 look very short to me. It kinda doesn't match the rest of your video which inspires breathing and relaxing, as we don't really have the time to see the scene at these moments.

But definitely a great video overall anyway.
2018-10-15
Use props
Andrejs
Second Officer
Latvia

Thank you all for comments and suggestions. I was tried to be smooth as possible. In some places have signal problems because I was trying to fly around mountain and in some places low as possible to get best perspective I didn't had time to make a lot of shots, because we where walking with family
2018-10-15
Use props
Sky Carrier
Second Officer
Flight distance : 590102 ft
United States

Very nice video. Awesome autumn colors. Thanks for sharing
2018-10-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules