2695 20 2018-10-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RAWS
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6180272 ft
Hong Kong

Hi there,

I'd like to travel to Moscow and St Peterburg in Nov18. Anyone know can Mavic Pro be passed customs and fly in Russia? I prefer to apply permit if possible. Any successful case can share?

Best Wish
Ryan
2018-10-14
Use props
dancopter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I read that you have to apply for a permit for every flight!
2018-10-14
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Actually I prefer to apply permission but I'm afraid of passing customs will be confiscate!
2018-10-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer
Flight distance : 21105262 ft

Spain

I’m Russian, and I live in Spain for about 20 years now. When I bring my spark into Russia it’s no problem, the most you do is show it at the customs that it has nothing illegal stuff inside it think, like you do with laptops and that’s it. And for flying it’s a completely different story.
I always fly outside the city, I’m from St. Petersburg, I wouldn’t risk it flying in the city. The fine for flying the drone is 5000 rubles, which is about 65 euros.
And supposedly you get the fine for every takeoff!!! In order to not get the fine, you need to apply for a permit for every flight, which is an impossible procedure even for the Russians, so nobody ever gets the permission. Everybody just flies away from public and away from the police. Again, I wouldn’t risk it flying in the city, but there are many everyday pictures taken from a drone in St Petersburg on Vkontakte, which is Russsian Facebook. So it’s up to you really if you want to risk it and then bribe the police and by the way there are no laws limiting your flights in place yet I think, for example you can go max 500 meters, there is no law limiting the height to 120 meters. But I always fly responsibly nevertheless. I only do the high flying test in my country house which is about 100 km away from St Petersburg.
Russia is a very beautiful country and St Petersburg is the most beautiful city of them all
I hope that you will enjoy your stay in Russia in Moscow and St Petersburg

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-15 07:44
I’m Russian, and I live in Spain for about 20 years now. When I bring my spark into Russia it’s no problem, the most you do is show it at the customs that it has nothing illegal stuff inside it think, like you do with laptops and that’s it. And for flying it’s a completely different story.
I always fly outside the city, I’m from St. Petersburg, I wouldn’t risk it flying in the city. The fine for flying the drone is 5000 rubles, which is about 65 euros.
And supposedly you get the fine for every takeoff!!! In order to not get the fine, you need to apply for a permit for every flight, which is an impossible procedure even for the Russians, so nobody ever gets the permission. Everybody just flies away from public and away from the police. Again, I wouldn’t risk it flying in the city, but there are many everyday pictures taken from a drone in St Petersburg on Vkontakte, which is Russsian Facebook. So it’s up to you really if you want to risk it and then bribe the police  and by the way there are no laws limiting your flights in place yet I think, for example you can go max 500 meters, there is no law limiting the height to 120 meters. But I always fly responsibly nevertheless. I only do the high flying test in my country house which is about 100 km away from St Petersburg.

Wow Alex - never knew they required permission for every flight. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen here.
2018-10-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

A CW Posted at 2018-10-15 07:52
Wow Alex - never knew they required permission for every flight. Fingers crossed that doesn't happen here.

Yes and they made the procedure sooo complicated that nobody ever gets the permit.
It’s easy to bribe the police anyway and 5000 rubles or 65 euros is not that much.
And I think that very rarely people get fined, only when they do stupid stuff with the drone or in the middle of the city with lots of people.
But the hobby is getting more and more popular over there as I guess it’s getting more and more popular everywhere

Fly safe and responsible everyone
Alex
2018-10-15
Use props
A CW
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-15 08:00
Yes and they made the procedure sooo complicated that nobody ever gets the permit.
It’s easy to bribe the police anyway and 5000 rubles or 65 euros is not that much.
And I think that very rarely people get fined, only when they do stupid stuff with the drone or in the middle of the city with lots of people.

Well that's fair enough - if you did a fly over Buckingham Palace here I'm sure the Police would be on your tail here so makes sense.
2018-10-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

And also I think that you need to register your drone in Russia and attach an ID plate on it like in many other countries.
But very few people actually do register their drone.

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-15
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-15 07:44
And supposedly you get the fine for every takeoff!!! In order to not get the fine, you need to apply for a permit for every flight, which is an impossible procedure even for the Russians, so nobody ever gets the permission. Everybody just flies away from public and away from the police. Again, I wouldn’t risk it flying in the city, but there are many everyday pictures taken from a drone in St Petersburg on Vkontakte, which is Russsian Facebook. So it’s up to you really if you want to risk it and then bribe the police  and by the way there are no laws limiting your flights in place yet I think, for example you can go max 500 meters, there is no law limiting the height to 120 meters. But I always fly responsibly nevertheless. I only do the high flying test in my country house which is about 100 km away from St Petersburg.

Great! Details information that what I need. I think the situation is like the China. But Russia does not like China have a proper channel to apply permit or register. I just flow in China in rural was no problem.

Anyway, great appreciate to Alex!
2018-10-15
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-15 18:33
And also I think that you need to register your drone in Russia and attach an ID plate on it like in many other countries.
But very few people actually do register their drone.

Hi Alex,

How to register my drone? I didn't found any info. about this!
2018-10-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

RAWS Posted at 2018-10-15 18:47
Hi Alex,

How to register my drone? I didn't found any info. about this!

Don’t bother, it’s really complicated just like getting the permit for every flight.
And what good is the registration for you anyway if you have to get a permit for every flight?!?
You will have 0 problems if you just use common sense and fly safely and responsibly.

Enjoy the hobby everyone
Alex
2018-10-15
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Right! I think I will withdraw to fly. Because I only visit Moscow and St. Petersburg on this trip.
2018-10-15
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

RAWS Posted at 2018-10-15 20:07
Right! I think I will withdraw to fly. Because I only visit Moscow and St. Petersburg on this trip.

My suggestion is to take the drone with you and then just judge by the situation on the spot if it’s a good idea to fly where you are and at that moment or it’s not a good idea to fly

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-16
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Great idea! This is a good approach If passing customs is not a problem. It is what I most concern.
2018-10-16
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

RAWS Posted at 2018-10-16 07:14
Great idea! This is a good approach If passing customs is not a problem. It is what I most concern.

Don’t worry, passing customs is no problem at all!

Fly safely
Alex
2018-10-17
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

But I'm not sure Hong Kong people is ok or not! I will be joined tour group think it is better!

All the best,

Ryan

2018-10-17
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

RAWS Posted at 2018-10-17 18:47
But I'm not sure Hong Kong people is ok or not! I will be joined tour group think it is better!

All the best,

Ofcourse Hong Kong people are ok in Russia
In St Petersburg there always are sooo many tourists in the center of the city.
A lot of Asians;)

Fly safe
Alex
2018-10-21
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Alex B. Posted at 2018-10-21 01:41
Ofcourse Hong Kong people are ok in Russia
In St Petersburg there always are sooo many tourists in the center of the city.
A lot of Asians;)

Thanks Alex!
2018-10-22
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

You are very welcome
Enjoy your visit to Russia! ;)

Fly safely all
Alex
2018-10-22
Use props
RAWS
lvl.3
Hong Kong

Hi Alex,

Just backed from Russia. There is really beautiful place. Smooth to pass custom. I avoided to took off from crowd area. Actually my tour group was not allow for me to flew in rushed. I only took off near my hotel. Thanks for your great advise again!

Ryan
2018-11-18
Use props
Alex B.
Second Officer

Spain

RAWS Posted at 11-18 20:41
Hi Alex,

Just backed from Russia. There is really beautiful place. Smooth to pass custom. I avoided to took off from crowd area. Actually my tour group was not allow for me to flew in rushed. I only took off near my hotel. Thanks for your great advise again!

You are very welcome Ryan!
I’m glad that you liked and enjoyed your trip to Russia.

Fly safely and enjoy
Alex
2018-11-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules