123Next >
5994 83 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pamimies
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5643898 ft
  • >>>

I have had so many problems since the update,my MA just keeps getting worse,...now i am trying to downgrade the firmware,but i cannot connect my RC to Dji assistant.MA connects fine to Assistant  newest version,but RC is the problem.I cannot find the version 1.0.7.If anyone could help find the 1.0.7 version,would be great.Dji does't somehow want you to downgrade.
2018-10-20
Use props
craighuddy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76545 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hugoleveille Posted at 2018-10-17 14:40
Thank god I am not alone. In this video, control was straight ahead. But drone is drifting to the right since .500

Drifting drone

Hmm, that strange. Most are complaining about yaw but yours is clearly a slight roll to the right. Man, I hope you get this sorted out!
2018-10-20
Use props
PioneerXi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 381772 ft

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-18 18:28
Show me one crash on this forum caused by FW update.

That's the standard you're using?

"Until there is a crash, there's nothing wrong."

Aviation history might disagree with you.

2018-10-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

PioneerXi Posted at 2018-10-20 18:11
That's the standard you're using?

"Until there is a crash, there's nothing wrong."

I haven't even crashed my MA yet, but with the FW update, it can't be too far away. I purchased DJI Care Refresh thinking that I would be the root cause of any drone misadventures. This is what you wrote

I think it’s the standard your using, maybe read my posts, I have clearly advised those having problems to ship their drones back to dji.
2018-10-21
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft

Roundhouse_ Posted at 2018-10-19 00:57
totally amazed??!

yeah me too, for buying a 1000 euro drone that worked perfectly fine until recent update! i also had zero problems before, it seems highly unlikely that is is not 500 firmware that is the culprint for me. Just because you dont have any problems doesnt mean someone else cant have them

But how do you account for the fact that many of us are having no problems with .0500 FW? we’ve all installed the same ones & noughts! Is it not more likely that it’s either a corrupted installation, or a fault in your drones’s hardware?
2018-10-21
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

Another one with the same problem.
Since I updated to firm  500 my MA yaws about 15 degrees to the left at take off and then it drifts slowly to the right.

Today I did three tests taking off.

1. Taking off manually with DJI app, it yaws to the left.
2. Precise take off with DJI app, it yaws to the left.
3. Taking off manually with Litchi app, it didn't yaw but then it drifted again to the right.

It's very frustrating, moreover when DJI doesn't give an answer.
2018-10-21
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324521 ft
Hungary

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-21 01:44
I haven't even crashed my MA yet, but with the FW update, it can't be too far away. I purchased DJI Care Refresh thinking that I would be the root cause of any drone misadventures. This is what you wrote

I think it’s the standard your using, maybe read my posts, I have clearly advised those having problems to ship their drones back to dji.

I do have sometimes the discussed yaw problem. Not always, sometimes. I'm just asking. If it comes from a hardware failure, why only occasionally? I had never this kind of problem before .4000 & .500. fw. versions. There are some facts I can wear because of living in CE territory, lower distance and altitude, but there are some I can't, i.e. yaw and drift.
My some last flying were O.K., after reinstalling all fw,, recalibrated compass IMU, installed DJI go 4 from scratch, means I deleted all files folders related to DJI go 4 om my phone.
So I am not expert, I bought it for amusing myself, (formerly I owned a Spark, but unsolved OTG problem led me to change)., only one question is open for me: every newly issued fw brings new problems. I had never yaw problems before fw .400. Maybe I have another hardware version as those, who haven't yaw problem (I don't think so). But in this case DJI should have to give an authentic answer, or advertise that newer firmware is not suitable for all of MAs, let"s say not suitable from a given serial number to  a given serial number.
Believe me, I would like to fly and not shiver.
2018-10-21
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Flight distance : 13228 ft
Switzerland

InvisibleName 7 Posted at 2018-10-21 06:14
But how do you account for the fact that many of us are having no problems with .0500 FW? we’ve all installed the same ones & noughts! Is it not more likely that it’s either a corrupted installation, or a fault in your drones’s hardware?

the question is how do you account for the fact that a lot of people have/had problems with 300 and 400 and i had none? the moment 500 was on the problems started. the coincidence that suddely my hardware is failing seems highly unlikely

gonna try reinstalling again but i didnt work last time so i doubt its gonna fix problems now
2018-10-22
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kovat53 Posted at 2018-10-21 22:57
I do have sometimes the discussed yaw problem. Not always, sometimes. I'm just asking. If it comes from a hardware failure, why only occasionally? I had never this kind of problem before .4000 & .500. fw. versions. There are some facts I can wear because of living in CE territory, lower distance and altitude, but there are some I can't, i.e. yaw and drift.
My some last flying were O.K., after reinstalling all fw,, recalibrated compass IMU, installed DJI go 4 from scratch, means I deleted all files folders related to DJI go 4 om my phone.
So I am not expert, I bought it for amusing myself, (formerly I owned a Spark, but unsolved OTG problem led me to change)., only one question is open for me: every newly issued fw brings new problems. I had never yaw problems before fw .400. Maybe I have another hardware version as those, who haven't yaw problem (I don't think so). But in this case DJI should have to give an authentic answer, or advertise that newer firmware is not suitable for all of MAs, let"s say not suitable from a given serial number to  a given serial number.

Look I agree with you, more information is needed if there is a problem, but it’s never happened before that dji have came out and said there is a problem and I don’t believe it will happen here, there was no mention of a fix for this Yaw problem in the last 3 FW , but if FW or SW is causing this problem for you and you have done everything possible to try to correct the problem, then I’m not to sure what more you can do.
You could wait for new FW which could take a long time, or maybe a SW update might help which could come sooner. Or you can use your warranty to have your aircraft repaired. But you shouldn’t need to be worried every time you fly, the choice is yours. Good luck.
2018-10-22
Use props
InvisibleName 7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 795653 ft
United States

Roundhouse_ Posted at 2018-10-22 01:00
the question is how do you account for the fact that a lot of people have/had problems with 300 and 400 and i had none? the moment 500 was on the problems started. the coincidence that suddely my hardware is failing seems highly unlikely

gonna try reinstalling again but i didnt work last time so i doubt its gonna fix problems now

"..how do I account for...."? I can't! But I can say that I (and many others) have not had the yaw problem with 300, 400 or 500 FW, so doesn't this show that the FW can operate correctly?
2018-10-22
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-22 02:05
Look I agree with you, more information is needed if there is a problem, but it’s never happened before that dji have came out and said there is a problem and I don’t believe it will happen here, there was no mention of a fix for this Yaw problem in the last 3 FW , but if FW or SW is causing this problem for you and you have done everything possible to try to correct the problem, then I’m not to sure what more you can do.
You could wait for new FW which could take a long time, or maybe a SW update might help which could come sooner. Or you can use your warranty to have your aircraft repaired. But you shouldn’t need to be worried every time you fly, the choice is yours. Good luck.

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate very much your knowledge of flying these toys. You are absolutely right if you say -"have your plains repaired using warranty". but, mine  works now very well after reinstalling and configuring every possible software elements. I simply can't imagine why  do they start to  make mischief  AFTER a new FW update. I am simply wondering what could be behind this. AND I don't want to argy-bargy, perhaps DJI reads our threads and these give them signs or perhaps motivation to develop payed a bit more attention, and this could bring for all of us some benefit.
Despite of the (sometimes) existing probs I enjoy to fly and make photos and videos.
Anyway I wish you the same good luck.
2018-10-22
Use props
QuadFunAus
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38835 ft
Australia

Yes, I'm getting the yaw and drift problem as well since the 500 FW.  At first, I thought I was accidentally moving the yaw as I ascended, but on the weekend I let go of both sticks at about 15m and it started to yaw to the left and drift all on its own.  Definitely wasn't there prior to the update FW!
2018-10-22
Use props
darrell2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 63632 ft
United States

My thing is that every time there is a FW problem that someone wants you to send your bird back .If you do that Dji is going to tell you there is something else wrong with it and you will have to pay another couple of hundreds of dollars to get it back. So lets all send are birds back to Dji and give them some more money.
2018-10-28
Use props
HendrikJB
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2132792 ft
South Africa

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-10-19 02:52
Look while I may take a pragmatic view, I do so from experience, if you take those who had problems with Yaw drift on .400, they waited 5 months for a FW fix, with many .500 helped and overall.500 has been good for most, so that now leaves those now on .500 having Yaw problems, are they best advised to wait what could be another 5 months for a fix, which as we have seen no fix for all in .300, .400, .500, and if it were the case of 5 months (which is not unusual for FW update) then we are now faced with the fact that many waiting will now be out of warranty, so little or no comeback if no fix comes in next FW update.
Yes many will say that FW needs to be rushed through for those having problems now, but the reality is much different, FW fix doesn’t and won’t come quick, others here will say it should and that’s fine, but it’s not going to happen the way things are now.
So how do you make dji realize that they can no longer allow customers to put up with problems with their aircraft.

I agree.  No use screaming in the cloud.

Send back will work best.
2018-10-30
Use props
Rurre
lvl.2
Flight distance : 321473 ft
Spain

Yesterday I hiked in a dense area of trees and had to fly in Atti mode.
When I was not touching the RC, the AC was drifting the whole time to the left. Even after I corrected the flight it drifted again.

Is there any chance to set up the controller to drift a little bit to the right when not touching the RC?
2018-11-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Rurre Posted at 11-5 10:16
Yesterday I hiked in a dense area of trees and had to fly in Atti mode.
When I was not touching the RC, the AC was drifting the whole time to the left. Even after I corrected the flight it drifted again.

If your in Atti mode, your aircraft has no gps fix, so will drift in direction wind is pushing it, off setting RC won’t make any difference.
2018-11-5
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

I thought it was just me....
For awhile now my Pro 'settles' and drifts to the right. Push straight forward on the stick just slightly and it goes more right then forward. Every action I take is ended by the drone sliding to the right. Push the stick left for a few and let go, drone slides back to the right about a foot. Push back on the stick and let go, drone slides to the right about a foot.
Yes, I've done all the calibrations etc...
2018-11-5
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4698533 ft
United States

I updated from .03.0700 or so to .04.0100 and it introduced it there too... there is definitely more uncommanded yaw going on and not stable...

dji made changes back at .04.0000 that effected their entire lineup mavic, spark, air all having this issue..

they jacked up something in the codebase, have said there are issues to a number of people .. but have yet to address it or find the bug and fix it.. me while our drones are flying off and crashing

sounds like a class action suit to me....
2018-11-5
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Switzerland

hallmark007 Posted at 10-20 00:18
But you don’t realize, rather than do something like you suggested or ship back their drone, it seems they are prepared to wait around and hope a miracle happens.

nice why off treating everybody like an idiot,

why should i return a drone if the problem is likely a firmware issue, yes i can rollback but i rather have just DJI fix this problem with a new firmware. the fact that i had no issue before makes me suspect that dji uses different hardware components in the same line of drones.
2018-11-6
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Roundhouse_ Posted at 11-6 03:28

why should i return a drone if the problem is likely a firmware issue, yes i can rollback but i rather have just DJI fix this problem with a new firmware. the fact that i had no issue before makes me suspect that dji uses different hardware components in the same line of drones.

Not treating anyone like idiots, but try thinking logically, the problem was there in .300 .400 and now .500, so is FW really going to sort your problem out, and why should you wait 6 months for a fix which is the time from .400 to .500, when you have a warranty which is running out, do you not think that you should have a working drone like I have.
You have a choice wait for update in the hope that it fixes your problem or return your drone for one that works like most out there.
You should also remember that in .500 there was no fix for this involuntary Yaw movement, so maybe FW won’t fix it.
2018-11-6
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Roundhouse_ Posted at 11-6 03:28

On topic of returning a drone that suddenly has problems after upgrading the Firmware - there are two sides / outcomes / camps of thought.

1) You are no longer waiting around for an unknown period of time for possibility of next Firmware fixing or not fixing current FW induced problem(s).  You are also dumping problem(s) on to DJI, who issued Firmware that resulted in drone having problems.

2) You may be needless returning a mint condition perfectly good drone.  With possibility of getting back a refurbished drone.  Or getting back a not so perfectly good drone that has other problems.

Based on my own experience, I tend to agree with your suspicion.  DJI is using different hardware components in the same line of drones.  

Differences that might be as subtle as different Revisions of Chips or Boards; or may be as unsubtle as different manufacture of Chips or Boards.  Either way or in between; the resulting is a few Chips or Boards unable to meet demands or requirements placed on them by latest Firwmware.  Leading to why most people have no problems when upgrading from .200, .300, .400, or .500; while others have had one or more problems.

Believe a lot of problems could be prevented by DJI doing several things.  

1) DJI fixing Firmware installation program and implementing verification as to succes / failure of install - to where need to Refresh (aka re-install firmware) goes away.
2) DJI tighten up Q.A. for it's parts suppliers and tighten up it's internal manufacturing Q.A.
3) DJI to seriously audit their Firmware and Apps for bugs.
4) DJI work on optimizing their Firmware and Apps.  Seems like every new version of GO-4 puts a higher load on SmartDevice - and that includes DJI's CrystalSky.
5) DJI to open up and work with customers.  No more, we will get back to you, and then nothing.  When there is a problem, DJI needs to publicly acknowledge it.
6) DJI needs to increase depth of knowledge and expertise of it's Support personel.
7) DJI Corporate needs to connect with it's customers - Perhaps HQ needs a swift kick in their pants.

2018-11-6
Use props
Roundhouse_
lvl.3
Switzerland

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-6 19:07
On topic of returning a drone that suddenly has problems after upgrading the Firmware - there are two sides / outcomes / camps of thought.

1) You are no longer waiting around for an unknown period of time for possibility of next Firmware fixing or not fixing current FW induced problem(s).  You are also dumping problem(s) on to DJI, who issued Firmware that resulted in drone having problems.

Exactly your second point is why i dont want to return my drone. i take very good care of all my stuff i dislike the idea that there is a 99% chance i and up with a refurbished new one.

als because i suspect different hardware per drone there is also a chance you get a perfectly good one and tn no telling what a firmware .600 might do.

so yeah i am gonna wait it out , its winter and bad weather where i live so i am probably not flying anytime soon anyway
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-6 19:07

1) You are no longer waiting around for an unknown period of time for possibility of next Firmware fixing or not fixing current FW induced problem(s).  You are also dumping problem(s) on to DJI, who issued Firmware that resulted in drone having problems.

problem with the 'just send it in' theory pushed buy certain hacks around here is this...

you have a brand new craft with maybe 10 hours on it.. you update firmware ... maybe updated it right out of the box and have ZERO flight time on it...

when you send it back in... DJI tends to send you back out a REFURB.... there is a guy here that is on his 3rd and one is worse than the next...

so your low time - never crashed - has now been swapped out for god knows what worked on by god knows who.. with god knows how many hours on the ESC/motors ...

its BS
2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152517
Maybe its worth checking out what kind of return you might get instead of trying to create hysteria.
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 13:04
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=152517
Maybe its worth checking out what kind of return you might get instead of trying to create hysteria.

you can REQUEST a replacement up to a whopping 15 days.. WOW .. a whole 15 days...

after that you get a refurb...
right from DJI

Replacement Service will not be provided where:

× Service is requested more than fifteen (15) calendars days after receiving a product.
× Legal proof-of-purchase, receipts, or invoices are not provided, or are reasonably believed to have been forged or tampered with.
× A product sent to DJI for replacement does not include all original accessories, attachments and packaging, or contains items damaged by user error.
× A product is found to have no defects after all appropriate tests are conducted by DJI.
× Any fault or damage of the product is caused by unauthorized use or modification of the product, including exposure to moisture, entry of foreign bodies (water, oil, sand, etc.) or improper installation or operation.
× Product labels, serial numbers, water damage marks, etc. show signs of tampering or alteration.
× Damage is caused by uncontrollable external factors, including fires, floods, high winds, or lightning strikes.
× Received product has not been sent back to DJI seven (7) calendar days after replacement confirmation from DJI.
× Proof of damage during transit issued by the carrier cannot be provided.
× Other circumstances stated in this policy.

and here is the kicker...

√ Please note that products and components presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. These refurbished goods have been tested and are similar to brand new goods in function and appearance. If any refurbished parts or units do not meet our quality assurance requirements, brand new parts or units will be issued. Any replaced parts may come with different serial numbers.

2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 14:38
you can REQUEST a replacement up to a whopping 15 days.. WOW .. a whole 15 days...

after that you get a refurb...

Yes everybody is aware of this, but few are disappointed with what they get back and many get new drones, it’s like your saying that they’re is no point in having a warranty because your never going to send your drone back to dji, and believe me 15 day from door to door is not bad for this kind of technology.

What you need to be looking at are all those returning for one thing or another , how many do you see jumping up and down around here complaining with what they have received back . I think in four or so years here I have continually heard people complaining when sending in , but completely happy with what they get in return. There may have been 1 or 2 who were not happy but that’s the extent of it, and most who are happy , well we will never hear another word from them.

You are choosing to wait and being advised to wait and advising others to wait, but here’s something to think about, in four months time a lot of MavAir users will have no warranty, so no comeback if FW doesn’t correct their problem, I continually here so called experts around here advising people against using their warranty either by trying to create unnecessary hysteria about long delays and getting sub par craft , or by telling them it’s a FW issue, when it’s completely not true service at dji is pretty good for most people that’s a fact, and those who have received back refurbished and those who have received new replacements on the whole are happy.
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 15:05
Yes everybody is aware of this, but few are disappointed with what they get back and many get new drones, it’s like your saying that they’re is no point in having a warranty because your never going to send your drone back to dji, and believe me 15 day from door to door is not bad for this kind of technology.

What you need to be looking at are all those returning for one thing or another , how many do you see jumping up and down around here complaining with what they have received back . I think in four or so years here I have continually heard people complaining when sending in , but completely happy with what they get in return. There may have been 1 or 2 who were not happy but that’s the extent of it, and most who are happy , well we will never hear another word from them.

the guy that posted the other day for example that is on his 3rd replacement mavic air and its worse than the original that he sent back...

and a 15 day period to get them to replace a new craft with a new craft SUCKS.. its not 15 days turnaround time.. you have 15 days from the day its dropped at your house to send it back to ASK for a replacement... otherwise DJI will likely send you a refurb... that is how they turn things around quickly .. then all the bad ones get sent back to a sweatshop somewhere to get worked on and put back in the pile of refurbs to be sent out

I sold cars on summer breaks in college.. you could never get away with doing a warranty repair on someones car by replacing it with used parts or used cars but DJI seems to think its a great business practice...
2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 15:11
the guy that posted the other day for example that is on his 3rd replacement mavic air and its worse than the original that he sent back...

and a 15 day period to get them to replace a new craft with a new craft SUCKS.. its not 15 days turnaround time.. you have 15 days from the day its dropped at your house to send it back to ASK for a replacement... otherwise DJI will likely send you a refurb... that is how they turn things around quickly .. then all the bad ones get sent back to a sweatshop somewhere to get worked on and put back in the pile of refurbs to be sent out

Well would you advise those having problems with MavAir to wait another 6 months to see if they get a FW fix for their drones and if they don’t and no longer have warranty, they’re up SH#t creek, one thing I know is FW will never be rushed by dji whether we like it or not, that’s the way they operate, but maybe just maybe if enough use their warranty it might wake dji up .
You should also take note that this is a place that when they have a complaint they come to, but many a very happy with the service and contrary to what your being told and read many received new drones back from repair centres .

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=155510
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=171431
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=170922
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 15:32
Well would you advise those having problems with MavAir to wait another 6 months to see if they get a FW fix for their drones and if they don’t and no longer have warranty, they’re up SH#t creek, one thing I know is FW will never be rushed by dji whether we like it or not, that’s the way they operate, but maybe just maybe if enough use their warranty it might wake dji up .
You should also take note that this is a place that when they have a complaint they come to, but many a very happy with the service and contrary to what your being told and read many received new drones back from repair centres .

I returned one of my sparks to the place I bought it from for a full refund... someone here will likely get it as a refurb... good luck with it.. it had 45 degree heading deviations ...

would have done it with my other spark and mavic pro but they were gifts from wife and family for my 50th or they would have gone back too... until they get this squared away..

so my options now on my mavic pro since I didn't have any issues with it until after the firmware upgrade which I did after the 15 day window .. would be to take a perfectly good aircraft with nothing mechanically wrong with it .. send it to DJI and likely get back a crash refurb.. with the same firmware issues but now with frankenparts..

or

hold off sending it back and continue to fly it in a state knowing full well it could depart.. so having to fly it close in until DJI finally tracks down what algorithm they jacked up in the firmware..

neither option is what I would expect from a billion dollar company that is supposedly on the leading edge of drone technology...

will likely pull out my walkera or my home build octo that carries a full dslr video rig and have some fun...

2018-11-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 15:42
I returned one of my sparks to the place I bought it from for a full refund... someone here will likely get it as a refurb... good luck with it.. it had 45 degree heading deviations ...

would have done it with my other spark and mavic pro but they were gifts from wife and family for my 50th or they would have gone back too... until they get this squared away..

People are entitled to do what ever they choose to do, but for me I wouldn’t wait for anything like 6 months to get any craft sorted, but there is plenty of proof that refurbs are excellent craft and it great condition, there’s one guy on here with over 3, 000000 metres on a refurb . And never had a problem.
Hopefully you get FW/SW fix soon .
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-7 15:57
People are entitled to do what ever they choose to do, but for me I wouldn’t wait for anything like 6 months to get any craft sorted, but there is plenty of proof that refurbs are excellent craft and it great condition, there’s one guy on here with over 3, 000000 metres on a refurb . And never had a problem.
Hopefully you get FW/SW fix soon .

wow that was a somewhat polite, non-condescending almost cordial reply... I know its getting late over there in europe... must be on your second bottle of wine..  .. sorry you are in ireland so its either a growler of guiness or a bottle of jamisons ... or are we mellowing finally...

3 aircraft bought in the same month.. all working fine on factory loaded firmware of 2017 vintage.. all 3 having the same compass/yaw/atti issues after firmware update CANT be a coincidence.. and I will just leave it at that...

and my calls to DJI tech support... not customer support.. have been met with 'techs' that can't answer basic questions without putting me on hold to 'go ask someone'....

not impressed..
2018-11-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 12:51
problem with the 'just send it in' theory pushed buy certain hacks around here is this...

you have a brand new craft with maybe 10 hours on it.. you update firmware ... maybe updated it right out of the box and have ZERO flight time on it...

Whether a owner sends their drone in due to problems occurring after Firmware upgrade is up to them.  I was merely pointing out there are two sides to sending drone.

I went through whole try this, try that, try again, waste of time thing.  Along with downgrading Firmware to see Firmware upgrade induced problem disappear.  Followed by re-upgrading to current Firmware to see problem return.  Ultimately, it appears that Mavic Pro P & R.C, and CrystalSky I bought directly from DJI had hardware that could not handle load of later revisions of Firmware (and/or GO-4 App.)

The results of all this was, I am on my -
third Mavic Pro P
third Remote Controller for Mavic Pro
fourth CrystalSky Ultra brite  (first Cs-Ub came from factory with interment hang / freeze problem)

Now, start countdown for DJI's Shill to come along and claim otherwise...
2018-11-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 16:15
wow that was a somewhat polite, non-condescending almost cordial reply... I know its getting late over there in europe... must be on your second bottle of wine..  .. sorry you are in ireland so its either a growler of guiness or a bottle of jamisons ... or are we mellowing finally...

3 aircraft bought in the same month.. all working fine on factory loaded firmware of 2017 vintage.. all 3 having the same compass/yaw/atti issues after firmware update CANT be a coincidence.. and I will just leave it at that...

and my calls to DJI tech support... not customer support.. have been met with 'techs' that can't answer basic questions without putting me on hold to 'go ask someone'....

Consider yourself lucky - after they put you on hold, they came back to you with an answer to a basic question!  
2018-11-7
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

HedgeTrimmer Posted at 11-7 17:47
and my calls to DJI tech support... not customer support.. have been met with 'techs' that can't answer basic questions without putting me on hold to 'go ask someone'....

Consider yourself lucky - after they put you on hold, they came back to you with an answer to a basic question!

Oh he didn’t have an answer. But he did come back to tell me he didn’t know

So what has been the final outcome.  Do you finally have a Mavic that flies straight and correct and doesn’t go into atti or have a mind of its own or are we stuck until they find a way to optimize the crapware. I mean firmware.
2018-11-7
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

DeuceDriv3r Posted at 11-7 19:43
Oh he didn’t have an answer. But he did come back to tell me he didn’t know

So what has been the final outcome.  Do you finally have a Mavic that flies straight and correct and doesn’t go into atti or have a mind of its own or are we stuck until they find a way to optimize the crapware. I mean firmware.

To few a flights with MPp to say.  Few flights thus far have been simple, nothing like Helix mode.
Same with Cs-Ub, starting simple.   No functions like Focus Peaking or Highlight warnings activated.

2018-11-7
Use props
karczmatv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 155318 ft
Poland

My problem is that I have an old soft all the time, from April / May. As many people probably know, the problem of drone drone is not new and concerns many models that do not work properly from the moment they are removed from the box. I have a problem with the drone. When I fly, do not feel it, but just stop in the air to see that the drone is running to the right. It hurts most when taking pictures with a long exposure time or HDR. Another problem is sport mode. Switching the drone into sport mode and hanging it in place causes that it begins to rotate very quickly in the circle of its own axis. And the best I leave at the end. Today (I will surprise you) for the first time I launched Point of interest. The drone flew like a ballet dancer after a bottle of rum. He was spinning around a fixed point, and he was rotating around his own axis.

I asked people from my group on FB, claim that after uploading a new software, they did not notice any problem in Point of interest. But they complained about the fact that the drone does not hold the position.

In my opinion, the problem is much deeper than just soft.
2018-11-8
Use props
kovat53
Second Officer
Hungary

karczmatv Posted at 11-8 00:33
My problem is that I have an old soft all the time, from April / May. As many people probably know, the problem of drone drone is not new and concerns many models that do not work properly from the moment they are removed from the box. I have a problem with the drone. When I fly, do not feel it, but just stop in the air to see that the drone is running to the right. It hurts most when taking pictures with a long exposure time or HDR. Another problem is sport mode. Switching the drone into sport mode and hanging it in place causes that it begins to rotate very quickly in the circle of its own axis. And the best I leave at the end. Today (I will surprise you) for the first time I launched Point of interest. The drone flew like a ballet dancer after a bottle of rum. He was spinning around a fixed point, and he was rotating around his own axis.

I asked people from my group on FB, claim that after uploading a new software, they did not notice any problem in Point of interest. But they complained about the fact that the drone does not hold the position.

Hi,
perhaps you are right. In my case I have never had yaw and drift problem before .400 and .500, never, but AFTER yes.
Today I tried the suggested Fake GPS  (really I don't like this kind of behavior) to try stronger wifi communication. Some of my video recording were smooth and  (except my lumpish control) perfect. Then I changed my place, and again came this quick turning effect (with all clear sticks). I switched back to CE mode, suddenly came a "strong aircraft interference" pop up, so  I switched back to FCC. Pop up message didn't come, but sudden uncontrolled turning yes.  Don't know, but it is strange. In my opinion if it would be HW problem, then it must have happened always, not occasionally. Someone (I think hallmark007) suggested to have repaired MA, but for what. Before .400 and .500 my MA had never problem, and now despite of reinstalling every possible software elements, FW, DJI Go 4, I use dedicated phone with plenty of resources from the compatibility list. SOMETIMES comes this drifting (and yaw) problem, AND NOT ALWAYS. I came to the result, MA isn't the most successful product of DJI. The skills are very good, but the operating is unsure at least in my case. What to do? Flying and being scared , and editing, that's the probably one solution.
2018-11-8
Use props
DeuceDriv3r
Second Officer
United States

kovat53 Posted at 11-8 09:38
Hi,
perhaps you are right. In my case I have never had yaw and drift problem before .400 and .500, never, but AFTER yes.
Today I tried the suggested Fake GPS  (really I don't like this kind of behavior) to try stronger wifi communication. Some of my video recording were smooth and  (except my lumpish control) perfect. Then I changed my place, and again came this quick turning effect (with all clear sticks). I switched back to CE mode, suddenly came a "strong aircraft interference" pop up, so  I switched back to FCC. Pop up message didn't come, but sudden uncontrolled turning yes.  Don't know, but it is strange. In my opinion if it would be HW problem, then it must have happened always, not occasionally. Someone (I think hallmark007) suggested to have repaired MA, but for what. Before .400 and .500 my MA had never problem, and now despite of reinstalling every possible software elements, FW, DJI Go 4, I use dedicated phone with plenty of resources from the compatibility list. SOMETIMES comes this drifting (and yaw) problem, AND NOT ALWAYS. I came to the result, MA isn't the most successful product of DJI. The skills are very good, but the operating is unsure at least in my case. What to do? Flying and being scared , and editing, that's the probably one solution.

thats been my counterpoint to hallmark..

why should i send in hardware that has 5 flights on it.. no crashes that worked fine on one firmware and goes to crap right after upgrading just to get back a USED .... 'refurb' unit with god knows how many hours or crash parts fixed.. when its the FIRMWARE that is the issue

I think that the DJI engineers have been messing with the flight controller bias and rates tune to try and  fix certain issues and have royally screwed things up along the way..

also, they may be reducing transmitter power to reign in flight distances.. the mavic air is a perfect example.. its supposed to have twice the range of the spark using the same tech for the most part and it falls short of the older spark ranges..

with a closed environment .. its hard to tell one way or the other..
2018-11-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

kovat53 Posted at 11-8 09:38
Hi,
Today I tried the suggested Fake GPS  (really I don't like this kind of behavior) to try stronger wifi communication. Some of my video recording were smooth and  (except my lumpish control) perfect. Then I changed my place, and again came this quick turning effect (with all clear sticks). I switched back to CE mode, suddenly came a "strong aircraft interference" pop up, so  I switched back to FCC. Pop up message didn't come, but sudden uncontrolled turning yes.  Don't know, but it is strange. In my opinion if it would be HW problem, then it must have happened always, not occasionally. Someone (I think hallmark007) suggested to have repaired MA, but for what. Before .400 and .500 my MA had never problem, and now despite of reinstalling every possible software elements, FW, DJI Go 4, I use dedicated phone with plenty of resources from the compatibility list. SOMETIMES comes this drifting (and yaw) problem, AND NOT ALWAYS. I came to the result, MA isn't the most successful product of DJI. The skills are very good, but the operating is unsure at least in my case. What to do? Flying and being scared , and editing, that's the probably one solution.

My point about sending in , was very simple, if your drone has a problem and is not working as it should, then you have a warranty you can use to get it fixed, the vast majority of MavAir are working fine so you should have one that works just like the rest.
You also have the option to wait for new FW to fix your problem, but problem with that is, how long are you going to have to wait and what is to happen if your warranty runs out before there is a new FW and that FW doesn’t fix your problem then your screwed, but if you perceive that your problem is not causing issues then wait if that’s what you think is best.
There seems to be a notion that when you send back, dji will send you back some piece of rubbish, yet the proof of that around here is plenty have got back brand new MavAir and refurbished on the whole have been accepted by others as been a good deal. But there will always be those around here trying to create hysteria and tell you that you are going to get some piece of rubbish, somehow trying to make users think they will receive substandard product in return, which is simply not true and I for one can tell you or anyone else that this is far from the truth.
2018-11-8
Use props
nnote
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1358048 ft
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 11-8 11:01
My point about sending in , was very simple, if your drone has a problem and is not working as it should, then you have a warranty you can use to get it fixed, the vast majority of MavAir are working fine so you should have one that works just like the rest.
You also have the option to wait for new FW to fix your problem, but problem with that is, how long are you going to have to wait and what is to happen if your warranty runs out before there is a new FW and that FW doesn’t fix your problem then your screwed, but if you perceive that your problem is not causing issues then wait if that’s what you think is best.
There seems to be a notion that when you send back, dji will send you back some piece of rubbish, yet the proof of that around here is plenty have got back brand new MavAir and refurbished on the whole have been accepted by others as been a good deal. But there will always be those around here trying to create hysteria and tell you that you are going to get some piece of rubbish, somehow trying to make users think they will receive substandard product in return, which is simply not true and I for one can tell you or anyone else that this is far from the truth.

But if the firmware is borked, what does a new drone with the same firmware accomplish?
2018-11-8
Use props
123Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules