RTH and Indoor Flying / Lower height RTH Request
1411 5 2018-10-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

Recently i was testing my MA how does it handle in wide open space indoors and when preparing to fly i noticed that minimum RTH height is 20m, the building i was doing my tests was definetly lower than 20 meters, so i set to Land when signal is lost.

So does it mean that if Emergency RTH kicks in, MA will go straight up and crash into the celling? Why does RTH minimum height is so high? Even if i control it with Gesture mode its kinda dumb cause MA is right next to me.
2018-10-15
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The land when signal is lost setting only tells the Mavic Air what to do when the remote controller signal is lost.

RTH will function as described in the Mavic Air manual (see the link below). As long as the Mavic Air is within 20 meters of the home point (or there is no GPS signal), it will not attempt to ascend before returning home or landing.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air/info#downloads
2018-10-15
Use props
PiVoR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 158845 ft
Poland

msinger Posted at 2018-10-15 08:54
The land when signal is lost setting only tells the Mavic Air what to do when the remote controller signal is lost.

RTH will function as described in the Mavic Air manual (see the link below). As long as the Mavic Air is within 20 meters of you (or there is no GPS signal), it will not attempt to ascend before returning home or landing.

Its funny cause i already had and episode when 1st time i was trying out Gesture Mode/Follow and when battery dropped then RTH kicked in even tho MA was right behind me.
2018-10-15
Use props
msinger
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

The Mavic Air shouldn't ascend if it's within 20 meters of the home point. Perhaps you moved away from the home point?
2018-10-15
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

Hi, thanks for your feedback. The reason why it can only set in 20 meters minimum of RTH is due to that the drone should be used outside and the RTH altitude should be set higher than any object. Flying the unit indoors may affect the performance of the drone due to possible interferences. Thank you for understanding.
2018-10-15
Use props
martin joãoo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 945105 ft
Luxembourg

If flying indoors w/o GPS, the drone can't "tell" the distance to the remote controller.
Set either to hover or land.
2018-10-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules