2298 9 2014-11-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ruben
lvl.1
Flight distance : 69222 ft
United Kingdom

Hello,

since iOS 8.1 i have high latency issues with my iPhone 5s and also iPad mini Retina.

dji_lightbridge_latency.jpg

As you can see the latency is about 680ms (Realtime Mode). the problem is already known?

2014-11-6
Use props
junglerto
lvl.1

Finland

Where do you get iOS LB App in the first place?!

Do you require the Lightbridge application on your tablet or iPhone to get the Z15-GH4 video out?

I have the wiring 110% correct but I am unable to get the video to show out of  the Lightbridge HDMI (I have a computer monitor plugged to the Lightbridge ground system HDMI plug). I do get the flight information to show but no image from my GH4. I cannot test the Lightbridge USB connection to see if that works because I only have iPad (and there is no support for it yet). :@
2014-11-6
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not getting that kind of latency, more like 220ms.  Your's is very high.  I will say that it all depends on the equipment in your data stream.  The 5S and Mini with Retina have A6 and A7 processors so they are fast enough to handle the data stream.  What camera and gimbal are you using?
2014-11-6
Use props
ruben
lvl.1
Germany

I am using Zenmuse Z15-GH4 width GH3 Camera.
Same issues width GoPro via HDMI in.

Have you tested your latency width iOS 8.1?
2014-11-7
Use props
Tahoe_Ed
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2605 ft
  • >>>
United States

I did earlier this week with my iPad mini.  It was not that high.  If it were, I could not fly as a single operator.  I would always be behind the action of the copter and the camera.  There was a version of the firmware that had that kind of delay and it was unflyable.
2014-11-7
Use props
ruben
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So, how to resolve that issue?
2014-11-8
Use props
cates.mj
lvl.1
United States

I think the delay is a result of the iphone 5 processor.  I do not have that latency in real time mode on my iphone 6 plus.  Just very minor delay.
2014-11-18
Use props
shawn
lvl.1

Puerto Rico

What do you have your transmission mode set to? Try Realtime mode and see what the latency is like then.
2014-11-18
Use props
Blade_Strike
lvl.4
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

IMHO you need an a7 to get decent latency on iOS, even more so after the ios8 update.
2014-11-18
Use props
skylight
New
Flight distance : 141749 ft
United States

I have nearly a full second delay and that is whit a Black Pearl HD monitor, so I don't think it has anything to do with the app.
2014-11-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules